Thread: tank addons

tank addons

after patch my warrior will be 90 and i'm looking forward to tanking some lfr and maybe some tot on her down the road. What addons for tanking would anyone recommend that are simple to set up and give the info you need.

their is a shield barrier add on that makes it easy to see how much absorb you have and updates as it diminishes. Other than encounter add ons such as dbm/big wigs and interface add ons such as bartender. Omen is also great.

Dreadlord
    Use weakauras to track duration of shieldblock and shieldbarrier. It´s also handy to track the duration of weakened blows on your enemy, cause your standard-single-target-rotation does not contain the use of thunderclap every six seconds.
    Warriors have a shitload of rarely used abilities, from disarm to intimidating shout. If you want to use them, i.e. if you want to play your tank to his limits, you will require some sort of interface addon. It´s usually impractical to have those abilities on shortcutbar 7. I recommend bartender.
    dbm or bigwigs are a musthave.

Raven... hands down for me it's raven!

You can take a look at my sig there is a link to my youtube chanel there and you can see Raven in work there showing

Left side deff cd while its up, Under my feet priority system of what should be used next, right of me DPS cd's while up, right and up debuffs, next to minimap all buffs. These are all provided through raven and setting up the bars

For myself that addon is just everything I need to tank in a one stop shop!

Check out ProtWarBar on curse.

Tidyplates is really handy for threat control on AoE packs. You should also be able to track your CDs, I used WeakAuras for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Raven... hands down for me it's raven!

You can take a look at my sig there is a link to my youtube chanel there and you can see Raven in work there showing

Left side deff cd while its up, Under my feet priority system of what should be used next, right of me DPS cd's while up, right and up debuffs, next to minimap all buffs. These are all provided through raven and setting up the bars

For myself that addon is just everything I need to tank in a one stop shop!
    I really like that, would it be possible for you to upload your profile settings for that? Is that Hud area all just Raven (bar the health and rage HUD bit of course)? I assume that is heavily modified to make it so clean, which is why I ask because I don't have the patience to learn addon settings to properly set stuff up like that, but that is fantastic, nice work there.

There is a thread here in the warrior forums called Clampy's Protection aura. It's an all inclusive weakaura string. You might want to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Munimentum View Post
    which is why I ask because I don't have the patience to learn addon settings to properly set stuff up like that, but that is fantastic, nice work there.
    Take your time, put some thoughts into that. It's really worth it in the long run.

---

- Something to see who has aggro (eg: tidyplates - threatplates), Omen etc isn't needed any longer but can help.
    - Something to see what's going on with your char (tellmewhen, weakauras, powerauras, decent buff/debuff-frames whatever)
    - A bossmod so you know in advance when something is going to hurt you (dbm, bigwigs to name the biggest ones). Enabling the countdown for super special abilities is highly recommended
    - Most importantly: keep your center of the screen free, you need the overview.

Ill take a look and see if I can export that Raven setup for you.

As for the HUD thats just Ice hud with only HP and Rage turned on and everythign else disabled... I prefer to be able to see HP and rage at the center of screen rather than looking down at my unit frame.

As a warrior tank, my most beneficial addons are, in order or usefulness: Threat Plates, Shadowed Unit Frames (for Player, Target, ToT, Focus), Omen, Gnosis, OmniCC, VuhDo (for raid frames), Weak Auras (setup for damage reduction cooldowns right above health bar), bartender4.

It's super important to put your health bar, target bar, and target of target bar right above your buttons on the bottom of the screen. I put Omen right between them.