Thread: Class counters?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would honestly like to know what counters a BM hunter. Feral maybe? BM counters at least half the classes in the game but doesn't have an obvious counter, see a problem here?

10+ Year Old Account
    For me as shadow, it's rogues. A good and geared rogue just eats me. Also a geared and well played arms warrior i'am more or less a free kill to if I have <2 orbs when the fight starts. Maybe UH dk's but haven't gotten the pleasure of fighting many of those to say for sure. That's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    This topic is about counters, right? As a healer i feel countered more by dks and rogues rather than mages, warlock or spriests.
    The only ranged class that really fucks me up as a healer would be hunter perhaps but nowhere near as bad as melees in general do.

If you disagree with that then you are free to make your own post and state what you feel is more correct
    I feel my mistweaver counters a hunter, though a hunter can counter my rop. But in most cases I can kill a hunter unless I go oom.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So, I played shadow priest after letting it gather dust for two-three weeks or so, how the fuck do i counter WW monks? Like, really?

Diffuse magic, root break (I use void tendrils), silences, interrupts, roots, stuns, touch of karma and that doesnt even cover the damage, is there really anything I can do? I'd rather fight a rogue or a warrior, I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Because there is that much you can distance yourself from him in a 3s window, right? Gimme a break.

Also, who still loses to Blood DKs these days? Hit him at range if you can't hit harder than a tank.
    What the hell does that first sentence mean? It has zero relevance as DG is one of the stronger gap closers in the game and yes I could do a lot more with a few extra seconds of free casting as one of the last casters that doesn't instant cast everything. Pre MoP I could grounding and predict a DG and be rewarded with more capability to be offensive but that's just gone out of the window thanks to that 4set.

I assume you have no idea how elemental works in regards to creating distance so stop jumping to conclusions. Earthgrab would be to root (cant be dispelled), create distance and resume offensive casting at will or maybe you didn't know that...but whatevs, usually I would know if DG was off cooldown and nearly every DK would use it, thus I use grounding but that doesn't mean shit anymore and ends up being a complete waste.

Blood DKs aren't a problem, unholy and frost is for an ele shaman even with dispels and peels or maybe you didn't know the pressure these specs can do because you simply ignore them? Hmmm...

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yogie View Post
    Well, it's his 4set. Your 4set is lower tstorm cd right? So you can blow everyone back twice as often.
    It might be better if dk 4set reduced the cooldown of grip instead of making it double, dunno.
    Yeah it's pretty good vs unholy but a little less so against frost but TS isn't the most reliable method of creating distance. It does help but quite often it just ends up delaying the inevitable.

Still it just annoys me how I've grown accustomed to using grounding for DG and it just ends up being futile.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-04-20 at 12:04 AM.

Being an Affliction Warlock, i tend to have the most problems with classes that can negate dot damage, like Shadow Priest for example. But in any other spec i find hunters the most annoying. Too much damage mitigation and control as well as burst.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to conclude, from the posts here, that Hunters are OPed BS of a class in PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I think it's safe to conclude, from the posts here, that Hunters are OPed BS of a class in PVP.
    They are indeed. Team up with a rogue or a dk + healer and you have yourself free gladiator

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I would honestly like to know what counters a BM hunter. Feral maybe? BM counters at least half the classes in the game but doesn't have an obvious counter, see a problem here?
    Feral is no go, they can be feared.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Feral is no go, they can be feared.
    If they don't have a cancel form macro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    If they don't have a cancel form macro.
    True, but generally hunter>druid, with more skilled it can change.

For my Rogue:
    Any frost mage, impossible
    Any hunter...they just strafe and pew pew disengage, trap, pew pew

The rest is ok, sometimes DK are the problem or good warriors.

For my DK:
    none

As an UH DK hunters have always been difficult to kill. However currently my direct hard-counter is in my opinion WW monks. It's completely impossible to pressure them by myself as they've got too many tools to counter Death Grip. If I go for a DPS I need to force a trinket with Strangulate followed by something else by somebody in my team, perhaps a HoJ or Hex. However when they get Nimble Brew they're gonna have a trinket for every Strangulate. I think they might become the best healer with this change.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-04-21 at 01:06 PM.

My main is a priest and rogues give me the hardest time.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a ret paladin?

I hate disc priests and frost mages. Frost mages and I have hated each other since like, vanilla. Whenever I had to fight one in world pvp I always had to lure them into a house or tight spot just to close the distance. Also had to learn the hard way about having my wings stolen.

Geared disc priests just don't die and have enough to make me miserable to fight them.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I thought a counter is a class that just makes you look bad cause of the abilities that perfectly counter yours. Reading through the posts and also from my experience it looks like hunter just facerolls all atm. Only class i have a chance atm against hunter is my demo lock and also just sometimes...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harukaa View Post
    As a Shadow Priest the only class I always have problems with is Frost mages. This patch is basically frost mages and warlocks, can't do sh*t vs a good one in 1v1. :P
    I know your pain, try to use mass dispell on yourself in duels when ur getting frostbombs and stuff it helpts out lot

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I thought a counter is a class that just makes you look bad cause of the abilities that perfectly counter yours. Reading through the posts and also from my experience it looks like hunter just facerolls all atm. Only class i have a chance atm against hunter is my demo lock and also just sometimes...
    Hunters are OPed. /shrug

But apparently their arena presentation isn't high enough so Blizzard keeps giving them tons of goodies. After all 3v3 is all that matters, the other aspects of PVP evidently don't exist.

As an MM hunter DoT classes are extremely hard for me. A good lock/spriest is really hard for me to beat.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

As Aff, any DK really feels like a hard counter. Blood, Unholy (does anyone pvp as Frost?), doesn't matter. Monks (that know what they're doing) are extremely problematic, especially this patch, as are frost mages and rogues just seem like a god class lately (had one do about 300k to me -before his stealth broke-).

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    After all 3v3 is all that matters, the other aspects of PVP evidently don't exist.
    This has been the core problem with WoW PvP since arena was introduced.