Thread: Class counters?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    This has been the core problem with WoW PvP since arena was introduced.
    Because PvP was so balanced before there was arena. Pre Burning Crusade, there was absolutely no balance, it's because arena blizzard started trying to balance things out for PvP.

On 5.3, any player with a modicum of skill of any class can decimate warriors.

Also, demo warlocks don't have a counter. For everything any class can do, a warlock can counter it and more.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-21 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Because PvP was so balanced before there was arena. Pre Burning Crusade, there was absolutely no balance, it's because arena blizzard started trying to balance things out for PvP.
    Yep, and for my money I think they hit quite a sweet spot in Season 7, but then it took a nosedive as if they stopped caring. But vanilla wasn't balanced worth shit.

The evidence is pretty clear.

As a warrior, Mages and Rogues counter us in Arena. As a duelling class, 5.2 is a low point, and arguing 1v1 balance is still silly in my mind, though I do feel it is important and directly effects 3v3 performance.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    as a warlock, destro: Only dk can decently counter me (op bp and the combination of fear, escape preventing and interupts).
    as a warlock, demo: Maybe a destro lock, depending on if I send imps or not.

Deleted
    As an UH DK, I would say the classes that are most difficult for me to face are Monk (mostly due to ring of peace and insane mobility) and a Hunter who knows how to kite.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-04-22 at 11:22 AM.

As a Fire Mage, Hunters and Ferals eat me for breakfast. I eat Paladins and Warriors for breakfast.

I have a lot of trouble with Windwalker Monks, Unholy DKs, and Enhance Shamans but the fights are more balanced than hunter/feral.

5.2 Rogues are an excellent challenge - Im going 50/50 with good ones. Same with Warlocks, although Demo's are much tougher than Destro's (could be my tactics at fault for that).

As a WW monk; Demo locks, BM hunters, rogues (If competent), and frost mages counter me.

I counter Ele and Enh shams.

Everything else can beat me, though i would give monk the advantage in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    As a WW monk; Demo locks, BM hunters, rogues (If competent), and frost mages counter me.
    How are rogues beating you? I'm interested to know as my rogue never beats monks (though my alt windwalker beats rogues). You can counter their every DPS cooldown because your defensive CDs are all shorter ( 45sec RoP vs 60sec shadowdance, 90sec karma vs 180sec shadowblades). Nimble brew vs their opener into a ring if needed, detox their paralytic before it stuns you and wear them down while using selfheals/fortifying brew/dampen harm. If they're on top of you with evasion, you can always paralyse and/or blossom them. If their resets are hurting you, invoke Xuen after their prep vanish and they're screwed.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

As a rogue, Locks. As a warrior, everything. As a spriest, locks and uh dk's~

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    How are rogues beating you? I'm interested to know as my rogue never beats monks (though my alt windwalker beats rogues). You can counter their every DPS cooldown because your defensive CDs are all shorter ( 45sec RoP vs 60sec shadowdance, 90sec karma vs 180sec shadowblades). Nimble brew vs their opener into a ring if needed, detox their paralytic before it stuns you and wear them down while using selfheals/fortifying brew/dampen harm. If they're on top of you with evasion, you can always paralyse and/or blossom them. If their resets are hurting you, invoke Xuen after their prep vanish and they're screwed.
    I honestly don't know how they do it, some good rogues i know can down me every opener and since they have a minimum of three openers and i only have two ways to get out of openers they win by default. Just the average rogue though i don't really have any problems with.

Deleted
    Consistent problems?
    Easy.
    Rogues
    Through my entire World of Warcraft career i've NEVER been able to handle a rogue.
    Granted I haven't PvP'd at all in MoP but anywhere prior rogues have always dominated the control/escape scene, doesn't matter what you do, if the rogue has his cooldowns ready, you're fucked. He can do whatever he wants with you because he has a tool for every situation.
    I fucking hate rogues.

Deleted
    WW monk here. Getting countered by hunters, demo locks, good mages.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    So, I played shadow priest after letting it gather dust for two-three weeks or so, how the fuck do i counter WW monks? Like, really?

Diffuse magic, root break (I use void tendrils), silences, interrupts, roots, stuns, touch of karma and that doesnt even cover the damage, is there really anything I can do? I'd rather fight a rogue or a warrior, I think.
    Good Spriests beat good WW monks. Maybe you need some more practice vs monks

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yep, and for my money I think they hit quite a sweet spot in Season 7, but then it took a nosedive as if they stopped caring. But vanilla wasn't balanced worth shit.
    I think they cared just enough to make a half-assed, half-hearted attempt at balancing classes. Kind of like throwing darts at a dartboard, while blind-folded and drunk.

I am countered hard by Ret paladins.

...said no one ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salovia View Post
    I am countered hard by Ret paladins.

...said no one ever.
    I say that in 2s all the time. Dbl physical dps against ret healer, not gonna happen
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Good Spriests beat good WW monks. Maybe you need some more practice vs monks
    Its certainly not a hard and fast rule, if he were not using Void Tendrils he'd stand a much better chance - but good vs good - it's about an even fight. If the priest is using Void Tendrils though that's pretty much useless versus a WW. Psyfiend will give you windows to heal up and set up DoTs once every 45 seconds, or with Dominate Mind you can run them to a cliff`, CC them, and throw them off - but with Void Tendrils, the fight probably favours the WW if anything.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Unholy DKs as a healer. They haven't stopped tunneling me since start of cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Unholy DKs as a healer. They haven't stopped tunneling me since start of cata.
    As an UH I agree with this we do strongly counter healers and casters, and I would say that is our main job in any pvp setting.

Of course saying that a mistweaver is the hardest healer for us to lock down, with disarm, ring of peace and that mobility it is quite easy to escape and have the necrotic stack fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I thought a counter is a class that just makes you look bad cause of the abilities that perfectly counter yours. Reading through the posts and also from my experience it looks like hunter just facerolls all atm. Only class i have a chance atm against hunter is my demo lock and also just sometimes...
    Warriors in my experience are the best counters to a hunter. A melee with great mobility and a decent amount of lockdown, it takes a pretty damn good hunter to take on a warrior if only because one screw up is going to put you in a tight position.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Have you ever thought that they don't always have Readiness?
    All hunters have Readiness, if that's what you mean