Deleted

balance pve situation

hi there,

atm im playing a windwalker monk ( 6/12 hc ) but now i will maybe reroll on a balance druid cause we have to many melees in our roster. Now i tried some things with my druid and the single target rotation looks pretty ok , just the aoe feels on the first sight like ... meh

on the testing dummy i have atm a constant dps of only 50k ( 470 healgear, reforged to balance stats ), all though i find it little bit low..

Can you maybe tell me how the current situation of balance druid in 25 heroic raid is / tell me your impressions if it plays well in throne of thunder ?
    Last edited by mmoc5f1f8584d6; 2013-04-19 at 12:33 PM.

balance is very strong right now

what aoe specifically? and how are you doing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    balance is very strong right now

what aoe specifically? and how are you doing it?

Balance is in a good place now, however our aoe is quite poor. Against 2-3 targets SPREAD OUT were amazing, but if they're grouped up or 3+ other classes have far faster, harder and more efficient aoe. Warrior cleave and ele chain lightning springs to mind. Pre planted mushrooms are far weaker than previous tiers (to the point they're not worth planting during a fight except maybe on maegara and durumu maze if you've got buffed dots up you don't wanna over write) hurricane is better than astral storm but both are slow boring and fairly ineffective.

But as I said on singletarget were better than we used to be, we have strong dps and raid cooldowns and there are multiple fights were strong on.

However we scale ridiculously with gear and dropping down to 470 is really going to hurt your damage. As a 530+ boomer I can top meters on some fights but with 470 against fellow 6/13 hd raiders you'll do well to out dps The tanks in todays vengeance stacked fights.

I wish you the best of luck, and once you reroll, if you have any difficulties be sure to come back to the druid forum with logs, we have a great community here and people will take their time to look through what you're doing and offer any help they can
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    but with 470 against fellow 6/13 hd raiders you'll do well to out dps The tanks
    shouldnt be a problem, because if i go to druids, i would be the only one in our 25 roster who has need on int leather items

and how are you doing it?
    up to 4 targets i multidot everything with moon and sunfire and while the dots are up i continue with single target on one target until i have to refresh the dots

on many mobs simply spam hurricane/astral storm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post

up to 4 targets i multidot everything with moon and sunfire and while the dots are up i continue with single target on one target until i have to refresh the dots

on many mobs simply spam hurricane/astral storm
    ON 1-3 targets you double dot each, on 4-7 you only eclipse dot and starsurge (unless no ss procs in which case proceed with uneclipsed dots until you need to reapply eclipsed dots) on 7+ (hugged) you wanna hurricane/astral storm, dot if theyre too spread for this obviously
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Once you reach the breakpoints for hit and haste respectively and start reforging into crit you'll see your DPS skyrocket. We scale so well with gear that you shouldn't be worried.

Deleted
    We are better now, but still one of the worst dps spec, unless you have a very good gear (close to BiS). At low ilvl (<525) boomkin is just weak.
    Last edited by mmocf3b3cf9807; 2013-04-22 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Question if I may - does Balance get more interesting at max level, in raids? Cause I recently leveled my Balance druid from 87 and 89 and then just had to stop because it's just soooo boring. Get into one eclipse, use the appropriate two abilities, get into the other eclipse, use the other two abilities, use Starfall and Starsurge on cooldown, keep the two DoTs up.
    I played plenty of classes (all of them at 85 in Cata, now four at 90) and yes, many classes come down to a couple of abilities you rotate through depending on priority or whatever. But none have been as boring to play as the Boomkin so far imho.
    I wanted to switch classes a while back and considered the Boomkin seriously, the 4 specs it offers are just dandy, plenty of options no matter what you wanna play. But I just can't imagine playing it as a main when it's already so boring while leveling.

You're right, the rotation isn't exactly difficult if we're practicing at the dummies (certainly its harder than in Wrath). But, the tricky part about playing boomkin is you have to plan very well for fights. This means being in the right eclipse at the right time, say Solar for an add phase. The tricky part is to time everything perfectly to be casting that last starfire which gets you into solar right as the adds are ready to be dps'ed. Also, you need to plan ahead for times of movement. You can also benefit greatly from knowing when to override dots and when to let them sit, such as with Crit procs, int procs, etc. So, the rotation is pretty simple but once you get into "real life" situations the disparity between a good boomkin and an average boomkin can be pretty great.