Hit and expertise overcap issue

Hello,

I'm having some serious issues getting my hit and expertise cap close to 7.5 the gear in 5.2 has so much exp and hit on it,i don't know what else to do,i se reforge lite to help me in the reforging process.

I don't know if is there any solution to this thats why i'm asking here becouse there are alot of experienced hunters around,is there anything i can do to get it fixed?

atm i have:

Hit chance:8.68%

expertise:8.05%

Here's my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/pt/characte.../Corn/advanced

I sympathise, I'm not a hunter but at one point even reforging away EVERY bit of hit on my gear I still had 9.something% hit rating. Guess later drops will have less on them. I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Nothing apart from search for gear without those stats. Imagine how bad it would be without reforging.

I had the same problem early on. As I have gotten some better gear it has become less of a problem, but all the gear has way to much hit on it, Blizzard didn't plan the gear stats very well this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkillr View Post
    I had the same problem early on. As I have gotten some better gear it has become less of a problem, but all the gear has way to much hit on it, Blizzard didn't plan the gear stats very well this time around.
    Agreed, I was sitting at 10-11% hit for a while. Kind of an absurd amount of it on gear.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    Agreed, I was sitting at 10-11% hit for a while. Kind of an absurd amount of it on gear.
    I was in the same boat, and started using shifting purple gems over glinting to maintain the socket bonuses.
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing you can do really. You cannot remove any more hit/expertise than you already have. It seems like you just got unlucky/chose the wrong combination of items to spend your VP on.

FYI, you should probably regem a few slots:

Put an Agi/Crit gem in your shoulders: with the socket bonus you'd only be 20 agility down, but 160 crit up, which imo is well worth it (afaik 1 agi is worth 3-4 crit)

Put a purple gem in your chest. You'd lose 80 agility on the gem, but gain a socket bonus of 120 agi. Given that you are well over hit cap, going for a agi/hit (glinting) would result in more hit being wasted, but it would still be a gain in the agility stakes. I would probably put an agi/stam (shifting) in there because a little bit more hp for free is (almost) never a bad thing.

The amount of hit/expertise is fine considering the amount of items available, you just happen to have a lot of the items with hit/expertise on them.

You need to pay A LOT more attention to your BiS list than ever before since Wrath, there is a lot of different items out there now, and just picking up items and expecting reforging to do all the work for you is the incorrect way to gear.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    I had about 9.32% hit rating and 11.62% expertise at one point and there was no way to get rid of it.
    All drops had either hit or expertise on it, now that we are getting towards the end boss I can get a bow without hit/expertise on it (currently have the tortos bow) and look for more items without hit/exp on it.

I'm afraid you will either have to take the hit/expertise that's over the cap or downgrade (which for me was worse than the excessive hit/expertise according to different sources) and hope for good items to drop without those stats.

There is definitely too much hit and exp, especially on the valor point gear. The problem with these stats are they aren't FUN. When I get a piece of gear with it it's just a very "meh" feeling. They seem like pointless stats because everyone knows you need them, and everyone caps them. It's not like capping them is some sort of skill check. If reforging didn't exist I could see the point of them because then sometimes items of lower item level can be better than high level ones depending on your other gear. I enjoyed that in WOTLK... I enjoyed getting my BiS armor pen set. Now 90% of the time it's higher ilvl = upgrade, with the exception of some trinkets. It used to be everyone in the raid had certain pieces they wanted cause it complimented their other gear... Now the gearing up process is just acquire new item, use a reforging calculator, done.

Heck, maybe putting a god awful amount of hit on this gear is their way to try and get people to be more choosy with what they equip.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-04-19 at 09:53 PM.

Tortos Bow is so ridiculous. I have a 541 Tortos bow but had to switch to a 535 Baleful Gaze because of the hit/exp on Tortos. Same with some 541 legs that dropped the other week.

We talked about it in another one of the threads. You're not the only one. It's mainly the Tortos bow along with the trinkets.

I'm still in somewhat of the same boat. Right now I'm breaking all of my blue socket bonuses just because the hit on those gems would be entirely lost.

They put way too much hit/exp on items this tier, it's pretty absurd. I'd cry if I had the Tortos bow AND Renataki.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    They put way too much hit/exp on items this tier, it's pretty absurd. I'd cry if I had the Tortos bow AND Renataki.
    Fun fact: those two items alone (heroic versions) will put you over the Expertise cap.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    when I saw the title on this on the main page I knew it was going to be in the Hunter forums. My Hunter has reforged away from hit on every item and is still at ~9.6%. This tier is just hit heavy, which is nice if you're an enhance shammy (I guess) just hold on to it past 5.4 and you'll be hit capped much further into the next expansion
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Tortos Bow is so ridiculous. I have a 541 Tortos bow but had to switch to a 535 Baleful Gaze because of the hit/exp on Tortos. Same with some 541 legs that dropped the other week.
    Did that actually sim as a gain for you? 6 item levels on a weapon is a big deal, really gross how you can't use it because of the hit/exp :x

Deleted
    I have tortos bow (normal thunderforged) and the hit wrist from tortos (hc thunderforged).
    I have reforged away all hit i can and i am at 3341 rating (9,83%) lols;p
    Doens't matter though as long as the item results in a dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Are you serious? The higher dmg and dps on the hc thunderforged should provide more dps then the seondarys on a lower ilvl wpn.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-04-19 at 11:58 PM.