Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    You should use Cascade. It's way too amazing to even consider not using.

Also, a Disc Priest is easily capable of soloing a lot of blobs, making it super easy for dps to keep stacks up and reset instantly. Play smart (or in this case, obvious)
    i only help the first few (since later on it gets more hectic), seemed like most the of time my attonement healing was out of healing range for tanks (maybe im just killing wrong ones) or even kill it too close to primo and accidently get purple fog thing

ill give it another try next week
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    The reason why we arnt trying horridon is because we didnt had a very good setup for it on wednesday, so we decided not to waste any time and clear up to primordius this week with jinrok, tortos and jikun on heroic.

Idk bout any of you but my fluid is pretty close to the boss once it dies, it dies, but it's close. And around 3minutes into the fight, there's no time to dps fluids. the damage on the tanks gets insane.
    But dpsing the big blob is probably not a bad idea at the start, dont know why i didnt think of that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i only help the first few (since later on it gets more hectic), seemed like most the of time my attonement healing was out of healing range for tanks (maybe im just killing wrong ones) or even kill it too close to primo and accidently get purple fog thing

Just kill the ones being kited. Everyone, especially tanks should be in range.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    Just killed it today as disc, ran with ToF and Cascade and full out mastery reforges. ToF is absolutely sick here, had 72.4% uptime on our kill.

I was running behind the boss killing small blobs/dpsing primordius, also helped out on vicous when tanks called for help.
    The other two healers where standing stationary in the middle just running out to collect buffs when needed.

Here are the logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fgpi7...?s=7120&e=7572

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    So wrong, so wrong. As disc you can be full time on blobs without any buffs at all and have 70%+ uptime on Twist of Fate. Im usually soloing 13+ blobs myself, letting dps take them, getting my own stacks later on when the healing is needed, but NOT early. Thats a mistake.
    This is exactly what our priest does. His overall healing throughout the fight was around 100k heals, but he didn't have a problem being about to pump out 55k dps as well, keep Twist of Fate up at least half the time. Kind of upsetting, how much more power Priest have become over Paladins since MoP has come out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

You should be fine just dealing with the one(s) being kited. I don't recall having any problems with either tank being out of range.

Since you've got two BrM tanks as well, nothing is stopping you from having your tank with blobs sit a bit behind the boss and letting keg smash cleave and SCK do some serious slime damage that coincidental aoe/cleaves can kill.

We're only 6/13 HM atm and haven't tried Primordius, but I can tell you for a fact as a raid leading Disc I'll be getting 5 stacks very early on. Without the mutation you can't really atonement heal or contribute any DPS. If you happen to get some decent crit buffs as well you'll be continually blanketing everyone with DA.
    Its been addressed before but I'll say it again cause I had to threaten kicking the priest in our group because she was so fricken insistent on this. If you're three healing, you DO NOT have priority on those oozes even if you can atonement. Tanks will be getting slammed hard enough that you'll want to spend extra time actually playing healer and keeping shields up than smiting the boss. If you really are itching to smite something, help with the black bloods. Helping those die alone reduces tank damage.

The enrage wasn't terribly tight for my group (our first kill we had about 1:30 left) so the disc priest's atonement wasn't going to make or break anything. Also for healers I reccomend staggering your mutation gain so that you maintain buffs longer. All of your buff durations get reset when you get full mutated. While this isn't as big a deal the first mutation, the second this can be huge because you have less time at this point to actually focus on collecting oozes because the tanks are going to be getting slammed, and to a less extent the raid (depending on evolutions up).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    The reason why we arnt trying horridon is because we didnt had a very good setup for it on wednesday, so we decided not to waste any time and clear up to primordius this week with jinrok, tortos and jikun on heroic.

Idk bout any of you but my fluid is pretty close to the boss once it dies, it dies, but it's close. And around 3minutes into the fight, there's no time to dps fluids. the damage on the tanks gets insane.
    But dpsing the big blob is probably not a bad idea at the start, dont know why i didnt think of that..
    H Primordius is almost purely a tank fight. Bad tanks will make it hard, as the only real mechanic is tanks not getting globaled. We 2.5 heal it, with me full time on large ooze and add cleanup when there is time. In a 2.5/3 heal setup, healers never mutate, sometimes I mutate at the end of the fight though when it is the last mutation and there is extra puddles so I can burn boss too. But definitely DPS Mutations, Tank then if there are tons of extra, you can grab a few and mutate AFTER the dps mutate a second time.

Talents, definitely ToF/Cascade no question, unless maybe you want to Divine Star the add pack following him around. I go max dps glyphs and reforge, since I'm in charge of helping kill the big adds faster (which really all Disc should do, you get 100% attonement and faster it dies, less tank damage) You will not hit the enrage, mainly because you wont be able to heal for 8 minutes, 6 is about the max.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really do not need to grab a five stack right away. Our raid lets the dps who will be doing boss dmg stack first,then tanks and healers grab a five stack. You can still atonement off the black ooze while un buffed.

Tanks take some solid dmg, but it gets worse later in that fight your goal should be to have your buff until around five percent. So running around grabbing them early hurts, because you end up without a stack at thirty percent. Then have to choose between restacking or healing.

Getting constant buffs might be the way to rank, but getting it once around sixty percent is the best method.
    Last edited by tsokin; 2013-07-10 at 09:01 PM.

<Focus> US - Thunderlord. (20)