Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Meta Gem

Does anyone have any data/logs on the legendary meta for dps DKs? Wondering what I should expect for 2H frost spec, but feel free to post any data.

I'm still sub 10 secrets because of main swapping at the end of last tier but now that people are starting to get them I was wondering how they are stacking up.

Deleted
    ~4,4% for unholy, 4% for dw frost, 2h frost should be arround 6%. doesnt proccs on spells and only on your maintarget, so aoe doesnt count

I am curious as well, is the DPS gem worth getting for blood assuming you aren't having survivabilty issues? Does the bolt damage scale with vengence?

Deleted
    As already said, it's about 4-4.5% possible up to 5% as unholy. I don't really know how it is as frost at this point.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guts the Black Swordsman View Post
    I am curious as well, is the DPS gem worth getting for blood assuming you aren't having survivabilty issues? Does the bolt damage scale with vengence?
    I think the dps gem is wroth it for all tanks and yes it scale as far as I know. Prot paladin gemming full haste should be really sick with the dps gem from what I heard.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bolt scales with vengeance, yes. - fellow tank confirm

It's about 11% of my damage done which means somewhere between 12-20k dps, so yeah most definitely worth it.

yeah, should be tons of damage for tanks since it scales with ap.

seems to average about 4% of my damage as dw frost
    seems to vary between 3-5% but typically around 4%

The question is just how much better is it than the str/crit damage gem in an average fight. My guess is quite a bit, but i'm really curious to see comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    The question is just how much better is it than the str/crit damage gem in an average fight. My guess is quite a bit, but i'm really curious to see comparisons.
    easiest way is just to sim it if sim has the gem doing the right amount of damage.
    my poor math says it was about 1.5million more damage for me on my council kill last night. (roughly 2.2% more damage than the str/crit gem)
    AOE fights will favor the str/crit gem more, but just how many targets and how long you have to aoe to make it better I'm not sure about - probably quite a bit of aoe, nothing I can see this tier being worthwhile other than maybe tortos bat damage.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-04-19 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    I know it's slightly OT but the tank meta is looking at around 40% uptime on a prot pally, I can only assume that the DK uptime would be similar (still waiting on bloody secrets to drop) but for heroics I can see that 20% DR being quite tasty despite the DPS loss that the alternative might provide.

Deleted
    had 60% uptime on primordius. dps gem only worth if the boss is not hitting really hard like durumu or horridon and you dont have survival issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's about 11% of my damage done which means somewhere between 12-20k dps, so yeah most definitely worth it.
    Just a question, why are you wearing 2 parts of the dps set for your tanking gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Just a question, why are you wearing 2 parts of the dps set for your tanking gear?
    Because they are fairly well itemized and I prefer the dps set bonus over the tank set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The stats aren't half bad (literally half of the stats are good, go figure) and I could imagine it's a pretty sizable DPS increase especially on when tank damage is significant.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    how much dps increase does the minion do? 4pc tank bonus sux

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Because they are fairly well itemized and I prefer the dps set bonus over the tank set bonus.

Just going to post in here to say I hate all of you who've gotten all your Secrets already.

I've killed a boss every lockout, LFR and normal and still only have 9. :<
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Just going to post in here to say I hate all of you who've gotten all your Secrets already.

I've killed a boss every lockout, LFR and normal and still only have 9. :<
    ^^ Same at Murdos, stuck at 16... got an entire 1 secret this week

You won't be able to get secrets from lfr if you're doing it on normal first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    You won't be able to get secrets from lfr if you're doing it on normal first.
    Aware of this, but my guild thus far is only 10/12, so I do Normal, then tag the final two on LFR, at least until we get Consorts and Lei Shin down next week.

Stupid Roster issues, we lose nearly a whole night of progression every week having to re-train new people on Durumu. :<
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Fair enough then.