Deleted

Resto Druids and Heroic Tortos

So, first I'd like to point out that our mushrooms are broken on this fight, due to heals not being able to overheal, or at least according to my weakaura. Anyone else able to confirm this?

Secondly, I'd also like to ask about advice of any kind to making this easier to heal. Wild Growth is hard to use, seeing as some people are topped off and them not being targeted by it. Spamming rejuvs on the people with the shield is a huge mana-drain, and tranquility is useless after the stomps if people are topped off, as it doesn't target them.

Anyone have any general advice to making this fight easier for a resto? Talent choices and such?

That is the problem we have atm and blizz not giving any thign us to compete with them so we are kind of screwed atm here and most of the druid are benching out of raids

I personally find this fight very druid friendly. Tranq after stomps. Use ToL on CD after stomp. Try to keep hots rolling as much as you can (but wary about constantly reapplying rejuv to the same target bc if they haven't taken damage and their absorb is maxed it will go to overhealing). With wild growth the trick is to wait until people have taken some damage and have their absorbs up. WG will smart heal as if they have actually taken damage (not taking into account the actual shield). With these tips you should be topping the meter.

I will agree with you on the fact that mushrooms are pretty useless on this fight (even normal mode) because of the absorbs (for heroic) and the constant movement in both difficulties.

Deleted
    Tortos is probably 1 of our best fights.. i did 116k hps this week and i died cause our tanks suck lol.

mushrooms can still be used on this fight quite easily. After each stomp i will leave a SOTF rejuv on myself (faster ticks/heals) and let it fill up my mushrooms. or they fill up slowly from dps being slow at refreshing after a stomp. Either way... mushrooms do eventually fill up, and when tehy do i just say to my raid to get around mushrooms when rockfall finishs to get toped up.

Tranq is still decent on this fight... I use it after a stomp, everyone has shield, and it fills everyones shield to full instantly. saves my wasting mana on rejuv spam

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4848&e=5262

I think you guys have the wrong idea about this fight. Deathruler seems to have it a bit better.

Once your dps get their crystals you can overheal them as much as you want until their sheild pops full. Mushrooms are excellent for this fight. Throw them down toward the front my raid stacks there until the first wave of turtles is about to pop out and we have swiftmend and healing raid and shrooms there. Pop 3 max shrooms on the raid and almost everyone is topped immediately. I know vuhdo is excellent for this fight I'm not sure about grid or any others but it pops up the full icon on the sheild and you stop mashing on that person.

The idea is pretty different from normal. You don't want to use the big healing cds after the rock fall unless your raid fucks up on sheilds or something. You want everyone in your raid to have a full empowered shield on them and you take virtually no damage on the rockfall. If your dps keep up the shield the whole fight from the moment they get topped up from anything damaging them then they are way less prone to spike damage. You just have to make sure they grab another one if it falls off in the intervening time between rockfalls.

I was doing about 110k healing most every attempt once I got the hang of crystals with some dipping to the 90s and some spiking over 120k depending on how the dps dealt with their shields but if your not hovering near 90k you or your raid are doing something wrong. I'm only sitting on 516ilvl right now so I'm very middle of the pack as far as gear goes especially this far into progression.

HC Tortos is the best possible fight for druids. Virtually no overheal, so sustaining 125k HPS is no problem here. You really want to do the maximum HPS rotation during most parts of the fight, which means SM and WG on CD, LB on Tank, and Rejuv spam. Use SotF and HotW. The fight should be 2-healed in 10 man, and if you have mana problems and cannot keep up > 100k HPS, you might need to look at your mana CD usage or increase your spirit.
    I would say, 10k spirit plus two strong regen trinkets plus 2pT14 are minimum here (2pT14 on this fight is worth about 2.5k spirit). That's about my current equip, link in sig.
    On this fight, we really show Discs and Palas how limited their throughput is. If they get close to you in healing done, you're doing something wrong.

As the others have said this is a really good fight for resto, I didn't play at my best letting lifebloom drop a silly amount of times etc. but still managed very competitive hps. I was only using shrooms at the start for an initial shield on the tank, tranq (paired with SWG) was straight after a stomp. Make sure that you can see on your ui when people have a shield and when it is topped, this means that you can direct your healing accordingly. Initially the only problems we had with the fight we turtle kick derps (lots) and the bat tank dying make sure that here is plenty of focus on him.

I'm not sure if you are over complicating things re. wild growth and tranq just heal like you would do normally when the raid is at low health as far as we are concerned as Druids the raid has roughly 900k hp each and every 45 seconds they lose half of this, plus there is other raid damage in between it really is a resto wet dream.

This week I ran 4pc t15 sotf 3043 haste 8500 spirit

Logs 143k hps

Last week I ran 4pc t14 sotf 5437 haste 8500 spirit

Logs 120k hps

Some tips from my first kills(rank 17 at the time). Symbiosis a shaman, use Spirit walkers tranq after the first stomp/during the first rockfall. Anyone with a shield will keep it and anyone that gets theirs knocked off will be max hp soon after and be safe for a new shield. 2nd stomp I used ToL and put up rejuvs across the board, we used healthstones if our shields were knocked off to be ready for new ones. Barksin, the cd lines up exactly with stomps. Pop it 2-3 seconds before the stomp so you keep your shield and it carries through as much rock fall as possible. I used iron bark on myself a couple times to ensure the shield since we were kiting bats. Finally ensure your raid frames of choice show you who has "Crystal Shell" and "Crystal Shell: Fully Charged". Knowing who has a shield, and who has a max shield is huge. WG on cd, it will pick someone who needs it, rejuv those without max shields, LB tank at all times.

Your hps will be damaged if your raid is slow at hitting the crystals after a stomp.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    So, first I'd like to point out that our mushrooms are broken on this fight, due to heals not being able to overheal, or at least according to my weakaura. Anyone else able to confirm this?

Secondly, I'd also like to ask about advice of any kind to making this easier to heal. Wild Growth is hard to use, seeing as some people are topped off and them not being targeted by it. Spamming rejuvs on the people with the shield is a huge mana-drain, and tranquility is useless after the stomps if people are topped off, as it doesn't target them.

Anyone have any general advice to making this fight easier for a resto? Talent choices and such?
    Priority on this fight is (the)Tank your focusing/People weakened/People w Shield and dont touch people full shield.

go for 4pc bonus t15 set and rejuv everybody until their shield is full gg use WG after the stomp and keep LB/Regrowth on the tank you need to top !
    For cooldowns, do Tranq(spiritwalk shaman symb) on first stomp then ToL on third stomp and keep rotating with the other healing ur with.

Also make sure that you have only The two shields on your healing frames, make it easier to you this fight.
    Last edited by zcrooked; 2013-04-22 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Mushrooms are great on this fight if used correctly - the bloom does indeed power up the shield.

One thing to do:

Before the pull place down three shrooms near the raid and prehot the raid with rejuve to get the mushrooms fully powered. Then on the pull get ranged/healers to stack on the shrooms for a few seconds and then as soon as 4-5 people have gotten the buff pop the shrooms and it will insta-top the shield of those people - then spread and carryon as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranavar View Post
    Mushrooms are great on this fight if used correctly - the bloom does indeed power up the shield.

One thing to do:

Before the pull place down three shrooms near the raid and prehot the raid with rejuve to get the mushrooms fully powered. Then on the pull get ranged/healers to stack on the shrooms for a few seconds and then as soon as 4-5 people have gotten the buff pop the shrooms and it will insta-top the shield of those people - then spread and carryon as usual.
    Not really any point in doing that, you can easily top the shield before the first quake stomp anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Not really any point in doing that, you can easily top the shield before the first quake stomp anyways.
    *shrug* up to you saves on mana tho

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=5293&e=5636

Heres the log I did this week, 183k hps

Im quite confident that this fight could be solo healed now (assuming ur tank was a pala/monk/dk that could self heal and keep his shell up with minimum support)

Shrooms are great for this fight.. and its such an easy fight as well. You just put rejuv on anyone thats not got their crystal full... as the shrooms gradually build up just call out to ur raid "goin to pop shrooms in 5secs, pls be around them" and they are great. Unfortunately shrooms do need some communication.. but hey who cares

Shrooms at the start of the fight are very good as mentioned above tho.. its very handy for getting the tank+raid full straight away, then you can pop HOTW and dps for a bit.