High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

MEGAERA 10-Man Normal -Question

I have a question about Megaera that I was hoping someone might be able to answer. We are able to kill the boss but feel the damage in the last phase was exceeding what was intended. We literately had a pallys Aura up, Tranq, healing rain and warriors shout and people where just falling over. We also noticed "melee swing damage (last phase only)" during the stacking AOE phase which does not make any sense. Can some that is better then me please take a look at our logs and let me know what we are doing wrong? It would be nice to kill that boss with more than 4-5 people alive.

Thanks,

X

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7943&e=8440

What order are you killing it? If you're doing the same as raid finder, which is grgr...etc maybe you should try BRGBRGX (X being whichever you want to kill) as we found this order easier to manage in terms of healing than the simple grgrgrg way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphie View Post
    What order are you killing it? If you're doing the same as raid finder, which is grgr...etc maybe you should try BRGBRGX (X being whichever you want to kill) as we found this order easier to manage in terms of healing than the simple grgrgrg way.
    How many healers do you guys use with this order? We've been able to down it GRGRBRG but it feels pretty stressful even with 3 healers. We've been able to successfully 2 heal all previous encounters, and would be nice to manage it on this boss also if able.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    How many healers do you guys use with this order? We've been able to down it GRGRBRG but it feels pretty stressful even with 3 healers. We've been able to successfully 2 heal all previous encounters, and would be nice to manage it on this boss also if able.
    Magera is a 3 heal fight on both normal and heroic, don't force yourself into sub-optimal setups for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mookspal View Post
    I have a question about Megaera that I was hoping someone might be able to answer. We are able to kill the boss but feel the damage in the last phase was exceeding what was intended. We literately had a pallys Aura up, Tranq, healing rain and warriors shout and people where just falling over. We also noticed "melee swing damage (last phase only)" during the stacking AOE phase which does not make any sense. Can some that is better then me please take a look at our logs and let me know what we are doing wrong? It would be nice to kill that boss with more than 4-5 people alive.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7943&e=8440
    Looking at your death logs I don't see anything out of the ordinary, you're just not keeping up with the damage/dispels.

I looked at your kill's first 2 deaths. The first death is a tank, nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen he just doesn't get enough heals to stay alive. The second death is a hunter that goes for 4 seconds without a dispel or heal. He actually gets a Riptide which is definitely not the spell to save his life in that situation. Also your healers overall HPS is lower than what I'm used to seeing on this fight.

At the same time I looked at your healers and their gear levels are pretty low.

This is not an in-depth analysis by any means, but I'm pretty sure its just a matter of not enough healing. Get a bit more gear, a bit more experience... have your raid mitigate their damage intake a bit better too... and it'll get smoother. You already killed it twice, it'll get better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Magera is a 3 heal fight on both normal and heroic, don't force yourself into sub-optimal setups for no reason.
    We do 2-heal it doing BRBRBRB and using a demonic gateway to handle blue rays.

Tank damage gets a bit high on last head, but as there's no raid damage and we lust there it's not that hard to heal

Log -> http://worldoflogs.com/reports/lfgkj...?s=5386&e=5819

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    We do 2-heal it doing BRBRBRB and using a demonic gateway to handle blue rays.

Tank damage gets a bit high on last head, but as there's no raid damage and we lust there it's not that hard to heal

Log -> http://worldoflogs.com/reports/lfgkj...?s=5386&e=5819
    I didn't say its not doable, it certainly is. There's just very little reason to do so on progression. What exactly do you stand to gain? Its not like more DPS will beat any sort of soft enrage timers, if anything more DPS will make the next rampage come faster and might skew your CD rotation. The hard enrage timer is practically non-existent too. You could say that more DPS will make the fight faster overall, therefore less mana needed... but a 3rd healer will be far more beneficial than that in terms of overall HPS/mana.

Its very much doable with 2, but the 3rd healer's HPS and dispels give you that safety barrier and protection against bad RNG (like what if your only 2 healers have to kite a beam as tanks get pooped on). The 3rd is more optimal than what an extra DPS might bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 3 heal (rsham, disc, monk) this encounter using the no blue head strat, but we have a Prot Pally, Enhance Sham, and Spriest all pumping offheals. I hear lots of people who are successful with the no blue strat utilize 4 healers or rely on offhealing to supplement. The damage output on the raid towards the end is tremendous.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I didn't say its not doable, it certainly is. There's just very little reason to do so on progression. What exactly do you stand to gain? Its not like more DPS will beat any sort of soft enrage timers, if anything more DPS will make the next rampage come faster and might skew your CD rotation. The hard enrage timer is practically non-existent too. You could say that more DPS will make the fight faster overall, therefore less mana needed... but a 3rd healer will be far more beneficial than that in terms of overall HPS/mana.

Its very much doable with 2, but the 3rd healer's HPS and dispels give you that safety barrier and protection against bad RNG (like what if your only 2 healers have to kite a beam as tanks get pooped on). The 3rd is more optimal than what an extra DPS might bring.
    Well, we also run 2spriests + boomkin, that means either tranq or vampiric embrace + raidwall from pally / bubble from disc each rampage. Add spirit shell on top of that and noone never goes any close to dying on rampage.

OP said they 2-healed everything else, as we did, and have done so since our first kill. But i'll admit our 3rd healer isn't as good, so it'd really be 2 and a half healers on my raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    my guild tends to do grgrgbg and we never really have problems... we use a pally a disc priest and an rsham and never really have heavy dmg problems. though we do also have a rogue popping smokebomb on last rampage.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Well, we also run 2spriests + boomkin, that means either tranq or vampiric embrace + raidwall from pally / bubble from disc each rampage. Add spirit shell on top of that and noone never goes any close to dying on rampage.

OP said they 2-healed everything else, as we did, and have done so since our first kill. But i'll admit our 3rd healer isn't as good, so it'd really be 2 and a half healers on my raid.
    Yeah those off-specs would be quite nice.

But for the other fights, those are all 2 heal fights anyway. Except maybe Council (its 3 on heroic) but on Council if you CAN 2 heal it makes a lot of sense to do so, since more DPS literally lets you circumvent some of the mechanics. We 2 healed all those on normal mode progression as well.

Generally Council, Magera and Iron Quon tend to be the 3 heal fights. Out of those Council really benefits from an extra DPS if you can afford one, Iron Quon benefits a little and Magera doesn't really change much.

If you have 2 competent heals try two healing, if not 3 healing is fine, 4 healing should not be considered. The goal should be to push each head before 3 breaths on the tank.

CD's need to be coordinated including non healer cds. For instance, as a shaman if you go back to your dps spec when the healing gets sketch you can drop your tide and that will be as adequate a healing cd as you spamming chain heal/ healing circle shit.

Remember with shorter healing cds you can get away with using them twice if it is timed correctly (this should be done say 2nd and 5th head or 3rd and 6th head) to minimize healing.

Lastly, avoid all avoidable damage dispell quickly (make sure melee are moving out quick) and get away from the green shit asap. The dispells were a little slow and that is just extra damage the person is taking.

GRGRGRG Good Game

Make sure you stack up in the hit box of the next head at each rampage so your dps can already start on him