Thread: Iron Qon trick.

Iron Qon trick.

Hi all,

Is there any way to completely or almost safely "skip" every tornado phase in Iron Qon as a MW with transedance? I keep failing on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really tried playing with it, usually just wait until I see a clear path and do a quick double/triple roll to safety. If you time it so the closest tornado in front of you passes out of the way (to the left I believe) you should have a clear path to just spam roll to safety.

I think the range from your start point to safety is to far? Haven't tested this but maybe with glyph?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have our priests take a lock portal then grip the people who struggle

Use the glyph for it and you only need ot walk a coupel of steps to then transandance and you are safe .) thats what i do on HC

We have all the healers take a the lock portal. Transcendence is not very good for this fight. You will have to run out into the tornado ally then wait for the ability to work.

I would suggest you just practice dodging the tornadoes. I am also guessing you did not raid Firelands pre nerf, because Alysrazor had MUCH harder tornado mechanics and would just about 1 shot you if you were touched.

My advice is to run into tornado ally and find a tornado that just passed you, follow it till you have a clear path if you have a tornado that is not going to be dodge-able, turn back, wait for it to pass, the follow it till you have a clear path. Rinse Repeat.

I single tanked H IQ 10 Last week and having Ts glyphed was not an option.

Hope this helps
    Dos
    Last edited by Ddos; 2013-04-19 at 09:15 PM.

You have three options:

1) 3 Chi Torpedos will clear you completely through. Wait for the first (closest) tornado to pass, then you're good to spam it 3 times.

2) Glyph Transcendence, walk about 5 yards, then hit it.

3) 1 Chi Torpedo and then hit Transcendence.

I do #3 and #1 (on the occasions we get 2 tornado phases and I forget to replace my portal). It's REALLY hard to fail at tornadoes as a mistweaver or mage.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

Quote Originally Posted by Ddos View Post
    We have all the healers take a the lock portal. Transcendence is not very good for this fight.
    Dos
    Its very good for this fight. If you move the moment your out from the "stun" you never walk into a tornedo and i also use Diffuse magic to take close to 0 dmg there.

And why try to learn to dodge them when you can just skip them

setting up transcendance properly is the most important part.

1. Make sure u have it glyphed.
    2. set ur transcendance (facing the opposite wall of iron qon). when placing it you will see in that back part of the room there are rings on the floor you want to put it in between the outter ring and inner circle as close to the middle as you can.
    3. When you kill the fire guy. look and make sure its still up some attempts mine bugs out and dissapears inbetween dog kills. if so just go set it up again quickly.
    4. When it comes to tornado, you will get sucked in pause for a second. wait for the close tornado to pass take 3 steps forward and transcend. AS SOON as you get across roll. it will get you out. and then when tornados disappear you need to set up again if you have another one.

Deleted
    Its really simple.. When you all get dragged to the middle, you'll be stunned. 1 sec after you're not stunned anymore, a tornado will go past you in the closest row.. after that one, you can roll 3 times and GZ you're home safe.

its just as easy as clicking the portal.

We have all the healers take a the lock portal. Transcendence is not very good for this fight. You will have to run out into the tornado ally then wait for the ability to work.

I would suggest you just practice dodging the tornadoes. I am also guessing you did not raid Firelands pre nerf, because Alysrazor had MUCH harder tornado mechanics and would just about 1 shot you if you were touched.

My advice is to run into tornado ally and find a tornado that just passed you, follow it till you have a clear path if you have a tornado that is not going to be dodge-able, turn back, wait for it to pass, the follow it till you have a clear path. Rinse Repeat.

Hope this helps
    Dos

I was actually laughing at the people failing on Alysrazor in the first days. It's the same mechanic, I know, but I keep failing, don't know why.

Thanks all for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Its really simple.. When you all get dragged to the middle, you'll be stunned. 1 sec after you're not stunned anymore, a tornado will go past you in the closest row.. after that one, you can roll 3 times and GZ you're home safe.

its just as easy as clicking the portal.
    You can do the same with 2 rolls if you have the run speed talent as well, or any run speed increase, and you'd probably slip through with none at all.

It seems to me that the people who have the most trouble with the tornados are the ones that rush or panic and don't pay attention. If you give that second or two like mentioned in my quote, you pretty much get a clear path out with no trouble at all.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 04:21 AM ----------

Hope this helps
    Dos
    pretty sure alysrazor didn't 1 shot even on heroic, however it did tick quickly, and if you weren't quick enough to dodge it, you probably weren't quick enough not to die to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I haven't really tried playing with it, usually just wait until I see a clear path and do a quick double/triple roll to safety. If you time it so the closest tornado in front of you passes out of the way (to the left I believe) you should have a clear path to just spam roll to safety.
    This is by far the best advise. I raided on a laptop with 4 FPS during this entire encounter and I used 3 Chi Torpedoes after the closest one passed (make sure not to move until it passes!) and then Chi Torpedo 3 times and you'll be in the clear.

I upgraded recently to a beast computer and I get 70 FPS during this encounter now and I can get away pretty well with only 2 Chi Torpedos and save the last one to top people up.

We've had pretty piss poor luck with lock portals still sucking us up when we take the portal.

Tiger's Lust could be useful too if you can't get clear rollpedo spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I was actually laughing at the people failing on Alysrazor in the first days. It's the same mechanic, I know, but I keep failing, don't know why.

Thanks all for the info
    I'm sorry, but I just have to point out the irony. You're playing a class that, lorewise, is all about karma. You laughed at people failing in Alysrazor, and now you're failing on this. Karma gets pay back. :P
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Tiger's Lust could be useful too if you can't get clear rollpedo spots.

I'm sorry, but I just have to point out the irony. You're playing a class that, lorewise, is all about karma. You laughed at people failing in Alysrazor, and now you're failing on this. Karma gets pay back. :P
    Meanie

On a serious note though, I think I mostly failed cause I just wasn't paying any attention: it was a rough day.

Deleted
    wait for the first tornaddo to go past you , then all you do it flying serpent kick, it gets you to the end safely, i have done it every single time we did iron qon and made it 100% of the time.
    np.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanji View Post
    wait for the first tornaddo to go past you , then all you do it flying serpent kick, it gets you to the end safely, i have done it every single time we did iron qon and made it 100% of the time.
    np.
    Isn't that WW only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    Isn't that WW only?
    Change spec mid fight obv.

Deleted
    I have only done this fight on normal. When tornados start and you get thrown in the air and just when you can start to move you char again, I use "Diffuse Magic" and roll 3 times (got the talent with 3 charges of roll), works great and if you for some reason get hit by a tornado you wont take much dmg due to diffuse magic.

Just an update. We killed Iron Qon yesterday evening. We had a lock, so I told him to setup his gateway for the healers to just jump. It was so good. Never ever had to worry about the tornadoes or even deal with the decreased healing debuff. It was perfect. Additionally, even if some failed while passing, We could heal them too and spare us the only 1 available cres in 10man.