Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Back during Blizzcon 11, Chris Metzen talked about a shining fleet of Draenei out there, that even Velen didn't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Back during Blizzcon 11, Chris Metzen talked about a shining fleet of Draenei out there, that even Velen didn't know about.
    Pulled out of an ass no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If there is more draenei in wow uniwerse then i really hope there are also many other very unpleasant things they will met on they way. Hopefully tyranids. These guys seem pretty ignorant to holy light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Tempest Keep is a ship. It also has a prison wing.

The draenei had one ship when they came on Draenor. That was 200 years ago. That we know of. That said, we don't know how big that ship truly was (a large part could be under the ground).
    We don't know if when the war with the orcs came there were enough draenei to occupy more ships. We also are not sure if other draenei survived in other means (portals) as the draenei have been running for millenias, so some must have been left behind on every world they got to, some might have survived the Legion.
    I have always thought plausible that in all that planet hopping with Oshu'gun some draenei could have been left behind for a number of reasons, and some of them could have found other ways of getting to safety, such as portals, as you mention.

If it happened close to the beginning of their exodus, it is possible that the few could have become the many, and a huge paralel draenei population could have developed on those 25.000, having found their own way of avoiding the legion.

yes, yes there are. in other parts of the universe, they are known as "protoss".

It is very likely that we will see more draenei in future expansions, a alliance or neutral hub of them serving as a rep faction that also allows lore development of the underutilized draenei fits perfectly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Pulled out of an ass no doubt.
    I dunno, a Battlestar Draenica could be pretty damn cool. Give the Alliance draenei a kick in the ass and some tension as the badasses who've been in continual combat with the Legion over the last 25,000 years meet their cousins who ran.

Of course it'll be completely squandered, because the Draenei don't get plot. But we can dream, right?

The true is out there...

10+ Year Old Account
    whose to say some did not break away from velen earlier during their travels before hitting outland.

Deleted
    If there are, I'll bet my left nut they'll be implemented as a daily quest rep faction.

Deleted
    Oh course there are, even before corruption the great civilization of Argus had its own space exploration program. With its downfall, far space outposts got isolated from their homeworld, avoiding demonic corruption.

Doubtful, but perhaps there is a primal faction of the original eredar stuck on some forlorn titan moon planet. Daily hub offering a branch of infernal archaeology missions such discovering history of uncorrupted Annihilan? Natherzim? wrathguards etc. and some more about non-azerotheran titan constructs. as mentioned in the Black Harvest. Offering that grander cosmic feels to the Titans and their battle against Amo...err..Burning Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    There could be Draenei all over the cosmos in the Warcraft Universe, and there even could be survivors on Argus to battling the Burning Legion.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    There could be Draenei all over the cosmos in the Warcraft Universe, and there even could be survivors on Argus to battling the Burning Legion.
    If legion cant defeat bunch of rebels on one of their main worlds, then they are not much of a threat...

Seriously, the only remnants of original eredar were corrupted by light (or are you trying to tell me that those glowing symbols on their forhead are natural?) and they were running for so long that they forgot how to fight and it should stay that way, I like that they are portrayed as self-righteous and think themselves important while beying one of the weakest races on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-04-20 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I have always thought plausible that in all that planet hopping with Oshu'gun some draenei could have been left behind for a number of reasons, and some of them could have found other ways of getting to safety, such as portals, as you mention.

If it happened close to the beginning of their exodus, it is possible that the few could have become the many, and a huge paralel draenei population could have developed on those 25.000, having found their own way of avoiding the legion.
    Indeed. In the end the Legion first and foremost chased Velen because Velen was the one they felt betrayed them, so if there were others left behind and not in their path they might miss them. Guess we'll find out one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If legion cant defeat bunch of rebels on one of their main worlds, then they are not much of a threat...
    You know, that's what I thought of Northrend too. I mean the Scourge, the one to conquer countless kingdoms... yet when we got there, excluding the landing parties, there's also: taunka, dragons, vrykul non-alligned with the Lich King, earthen, the seal guys, forgat their name, there's Scholazar Basin that was barely breached recently... and it's like 2 feet from Icecrown! I mean what has the Lich King been doing for 6 years since he became Lich King? Build a massive fortress, ok, what else? Nothing?

You know, that's what I thought of Northrend too. I mean the Scourge, the one to conquer countless kingdoms... yet when we got there, excluding the landing parties, there's also: taunka, dragons, vrykul non-alligned with the Lich King, earthen, the seal guys, forgat their name, there's Scholazar Basin that was barely breached recently... and it's like 2 feet from Icecrown! I mean what has the Lich King been doing for 6 years since he became Lich King? Build a massive fortress, ok, what else? Nothing?
    I can understand 6 years, but draenei movement started when... tens of thousands years ago, how can anyone let rebels live for such long is beyond me.

Reading the thread. I find it weird that no factions on Azeroth (even the draenei), see no gain in capturing the Tempest keep fleet for themselves in order to travel the cosmos.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Indeed. In the end the Legion first and foremost chased Velen because Velen was the one they felt betrayed them, so if there were others left behind and not in their path they might miss them. Guess we'll find out one day.

To clarify. Sholazar basin was protected by titan magic that prevented any undead from entering it. LK would need living forces to breach it, and these came just recently in form of cultist (since living nerubians are his enemies). Also keep in mind he wasnt there for eternity, he was installed in northrend like what ? 10 years before wotlk ? War of spider against nerubians took huge chunk of his time and forces and then he needed to focus on third war. Add to the fact both faceless one and titans who are quite hard for undead to deal with. Also drakkari empire started to fall just recently. And i doubt tuskarr and taunka were his top priority. Northrend made sense. Rebels fighting legion on they home worlds for 25 thousand years would be most idiotic thing wow lore even created.

Draenei themselves are a retcon of a retcon. They were supposed to be completely wiped out from Draenor by the orcs. Warcraft 3 brought them back in as handfuls of tribes that survived. TBC brought back an entire starship full of exiles that escaped on top of the survivors still in draenor.

If we had an expansion take us to Argus, I'm pretty sure we'll see more Draenei.

The draenei had one ship when they came on Draenor. <u>That was 200 years ago.</u> That we know of.
    o.O

They were on Draenor for thousands of years.

For thousands of years, the draenei have been interring their dead in Auchindoun, their most sacred temple.

Look at their buildings, do you really think Karabor and Auchindoun are less than 200 years old? There are also multiple references to many of the current Draenei never having seen Argus, and they are a very long lived species. Additionally Draenei become physically ill when away from Draenor for extended periods of time, again suggesting a very long presence there.