Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

how would you improve Alterac Valley?!?!

if you could change that battle ground, what would you add,remove or change to make it more fun.

this is my idea.
    Mines would give a 5%dmg/healing buff plus reinforcement. (control both u get 10%)

once you kill your enemy faction captain(balinda/galvangar) following things would take effect.

my idea is to automatically upgrade every guards in bunkers/gy every 2minutes. (if they are dead they would re spawn with higher rank)
    (so no more turning in those Armour item-which pretty much no 1 does anyway)

At 6minute mark
    Ground Assault would be actived.Assault Orders, reaver units for Horde or commando units for Alliance will spawn. They will move forward through the zone attacking enemy players and NPCs. After the attack is over, there is a period of waiting before you can order another charge.

Cavalry Assault would be active command for the calvary to ride. Additional commands must be given to send them further in to attack. After the attack is over, there is a period of waiting before you can order another charge.

At 9mins mark if battle still active.
    Arch Druid Renferal and Official horde mini-icon Primalist Thurloga would auto summon Official alliance mini-icon Ivus the Forest Lord or Official horde mini-icon Lokholar the Ice Lord . they would automatically fight their way to the enemy main boss.(no 10mins wait or turn in blood to summon).

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here ever played LotRO? So here's my idea: make Alterac Valley an actual zone in Eastern Kingdoms, and make it work like LotRO's Ettenmoors. Ongoing pvp battles with no ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make it so both Vann and Drek would only spawn after 500 of their faction had died.
    So resources didn't end Av -> Kill 500 horde / alliance -> (Down towers/mini-bosses) -> kill boss -> only way to end Av.

I can't help but want the old style endless AVs back. Heck it might make defending the towers/graveyards and the mines and the druids/shaman summoning a whole lot more strategically important. It would also make it more unique and add some flavour to bgs. I always wanted something to happen with the mines, maybe make it like DOTA, where the longer you keep the mines, the more your upgrade research can run, and eventually finish to give your NPCs more life/armour/attack.

Revert it completely to the vanilla style, with no duration or reinforcements, and remove it from the random BG queue. Add it to the 'world battles' tab, and make it more of a permanent PvP zone.

People who don't like queueing AV don't have it on random BG queue, people who love AV can now queue it specific, and people who loved vanilla AV are also happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want AV to be realm v realm or some other perpetual battle.
    I like sandwiches

As a Horde player, the whole thing would have to be redesigned for me to enjoy it. I love the concept, but I think the supplies should be based off towers and player kills, no bosses. And the map would have to be changed to where it was more fair, instead of being so Alliance favored.

Make it like WvWvW in GW2, only inspiring thing about that game. So it's a huge battle etc. Conduct a test and let a paladin from each side test run to the opposing faction's base, adjust the losing side's(horde?) starting location until it's the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I would make it so both Vann and Drek would only spawn after 500 of their faction had died.
    So resources didn't end Av -> Kill 500 horde / alliance -> (Down towers/mini-bosses) -> kill boss -> only way to end Av.
    i actually like that idea too not bad.

While I normally don't wear rose-tinted glasses, I'll put them on for once; I'd like to see the old AV back. It felt more engaging, like you were actually a part of an epic battle, with summoning npcs and the bg lasting forever. Now it's just failed attempts (for Horde) at rushing Vann and losing while failing at defending our shit and what we've capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Revert it completely to the vanilla style, with no duration or reinforcements, and remove it from the random BG queue. Add it to the 'world battles' tab, and make it more of a permanent PvP zone.

People who don't like queueing AV don't have it on random BG queue, people who love AV can now queue it specific, and people who loved vanilla AV are also happy.
    This, i stopped playing early cata and i hate PvP but god damn did i love old AV...that would probably have me re subbed for a while at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I would put gates on Drek'Thar and Van's strongholds that wouldn't open until all 4 towers/bunkers were down. That makes the towers relevant againand completely eliminates the zerg strategy that dominates AV. As a side benefit, it would also prevent bots and afk'ers from running straight to their side's boss and then hiding there for the whole game.

I'd also bring back the additional NPCs that used to patrol the roads, and make sure that all NPC patrols were strong enough that they couldn't be soloed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    As a Horde player, the whole thing would have to be redesigned for me to enjoy it. I love the concept, but I think the supplies should be based off towers and player kills, no bosses. And the map would have to be changed to where it was more fair, instead of being so Alliance favored.
    It actually favors both factions but in a different way, if you cant see how go to German servers horde side and ask, they know.

OT. As a few suggested already, they ongoing pvp battle without reinforcements, bosses or victory points is really really nice. They could also increase the size of the map, keep he 2 main bases that players start and can spawn after, that cannot be captured, add more capturable gy's with multiple ways of getting out and out of los to prevent gy camping and just let players kill each other, a big, huge massacre. Make players you kill to drop (maybe without looting corpses) items you can use to empower your side (like it was) and also that can make the enemy's side a nightmare, like after a lot of turnovers you can spawn barricades on the map and stuff like that.

we have a winner, nothing beats vanilla AV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Anyone here ever played LotRO? So here's my idea: make Alterac Valley an actual zone in Eastern Kingdoms, and make it work like LotRO's Ettenmoors. Ongoing pvp battles with no ending.
    I support this so. freaking. much. It'd be so freakishly awesome for an open zone in the world where people are able to do wPvP. You could keep the towers etc and the bosses, but change them so that capping bases would say increase certain resources you can get, hand in and activate certain things.

revert all the changes made to it since vanilla and remove it from the random bg que and maybe have it somthing like wintergrasp and TB were

The field of strife should have an aura which slowly decrements honor

From my personal experience playing it mostly horde and a few times Alliance, Alliance have a clear easy advantage, while Horde have an advantage thats not so easy.

Alliance's advantage is that if both teams are just queing up to win or lose a bg out of boredom, they win. Straight run to both keeps, while capping towers/bunkers is clearly Alliance's advantage.

Horde's Advantage requires people to actually work together to win, with both alliance and horde doing this(which is actually rare) Horde usually wins most times i see. I've maybe seen 2 or 3 turtles where Alliance win. The best place to do this Turtle is Tower Point.

What i would do to this bg? Every week, change sides, so the horde plays on the alliance side and the alliance on the horde every other week. Then you will quickly get feedback from a lot more players on how to fix this bg xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Classic AV in a similar vain to Wintergrasp or Tol Barad as an "always on" realm/CRZ group bound battleground.

"New" AV remains in the random rotation.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account

world battles?would this include the new gear scaling thing or would this be considered wpvp?