I know there have been ALOT of simcraft threads lately but after going through them I still can't figure this out.
I got a new dagger, gloves and and ring all at once and after optimizing and simming, my new stat weights as Fire are as follows:
Mastery--2.44 (averaged; I ran multiple sims, see method)
All Error is less than 0.09 (haste and mastery are even lower because of the average)
Now before you go off and question whether I am using SimCraft right ect. at least look at my settings and method.
Fight Style: Light Movement
Everything else is standard, all buffs are ticked, scaling for the stats shown above, normal deltas, scale delta is not centered and I am scaling over the default
- I take the new gear that I just got and bring it into AskMrRobot
- I input stat weights from my previous sim (the sim of my old gear) into MrRobot and optimize my new gear.
- I export the optimized gear from MrRobot and take it to SimCraft (Note: I only take the gear section of the export as MrRobot seems to mess up the rest)
- I import my character from the armory and replace the gear section with the one MrRobot gave me. (Yes I ensure I am in the right talent spec for the import)
- I run the simulation.
- Upon seeing that mastery is weighted higher than haste I bump my iterations up to 50 000 and ran the sim twice more to minimize error (So 125k iterations in total).
- The averaged result is the same so I completely re-optimize my gear in MrRobot just to see what would happen and then resim.
- As expected my dps went down and haste is weighted well above both crit and mastery.
- I manually started reforging small amounts of haste into mastery (in MrRobot) resiming each time.
- Mastery continues to be weighted more heavily than haste and my simed dps goes down and then up then down but never goes higher than my normal stat priority optimized gear.
- Haste finally overtakes mastery when I have converted 1780 haste to mastery and lost about 1000 theoretical dps (roughly as I was converting haste to mastery in chunks).
I can post the import file if anyone wants it but its quite long so I think I will leave it out for the moment. (Shame we don't have spoiler tags that would make something like this more readable without taking up so much room... hint hint.... nudge nudge =P)
I'm at a loss. I've been using SimCraft/MrRobot ever since Rawr stopped being supported and believe myself to be fairly proficient with the program. However, if someone sees something wrong with how I am using SimCraft/MrRobot I would love to know as I can so absolutely no reason for SimCraft to be giving mastery more weight. It's not like Mastery has break points (that I know of).