Thread: Destro and UVLS

  1. #1

    Destro and UVLS

    Just a quick question. How good is LFR UVLS compared to other trinket from 5.0 for destro?

  2. #2
    As far as I know the UVLS trinket is not very good for destro due to the short proc timer and that you more than likely would not be able to get a chaos bolt off in time before the timer ran out.

  3. #3
    It's not terrible, but [Wushoolay's Final Choice] and [Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance] both beat it handily. UVLS is a solid Affliction and Demonology trinket, especially when Demo can get multiple Dooms rolling with it.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    Any version of UVLS is pretty much BiS for Demo :P
    except he is asking for destro lol

    pretty sure the sheer ilvl is better than 5.0 trinks you got

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    As far as I know the UVLS trinket is not very good for destro due to the short proc timer and that you more than likely would not be able to get a chaos bolt off in time before the timer ran out.
    actually you can do AT LEAST one and you can get 3 shadow burns on execution phase.
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    As far as I know the UVLS trinket is not very good for destro due to the short proc timer and that you more than likely would not be able to get a chaos bolt off in time before the timer ran out.
    Chaos Bolts auto-crit, so it's useless for that.

    UVLS is only good for Affliction, Demonology and Shadow Priests. The short proc and up-time make it virtually useless for any class that does not have an emphasis on snapshot DoTs. The main benefit for Destruction is the static Intellect.
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Chaos Bolts auto-crit, so it's useless for that.

    UVLS is only good for Affliction, Demonology and Shadow Priests. The short proc and up-time make it virtually useless for any class that does not have an emphasis on snapshot DoTs. The main benefit for Destruction is the static Intellect.
    You do realize chaos bolt's damage scales with crit chance right?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    You do realize chaos bolt's damage scales with crit chance right?
    Derp that's right, my bad, but still you'd only get one CB off and you'd have to cast it right away or miss the proc
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  8. #8
    The most effective way to use the proc (above 20% boss health) is to cast as many Fel Flames as possible within the window. The embers gained from the FF crits and the subsequent Immolate DoT ticks will FAR outweigh the extra damage gained from one CB.

    Below 20% boss health I'm not sure if 3x SB or 2xSB + 1x FF would be better overall...
    Last edited by Xorn; 2013-04-24 at 05:14 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •