People stocking up Radiant Stars, why?

So I've come across a bunch of people spamming the general chat buying all radiant star gems at a reasonable price(more than the gold you get by selling via AH after AH cut).

The next patch announced that you are going to be able to craft gems without wasting 40mins on each gem, so why is there a demand for the gems just before the patch?

I know this is sort of a business secret but I am really curious, anyone got a clue? I feel like an idiot because I can't figure this out.

Deleted
    Radiant stars selling is the only way to "sell gold" in the RMAH. Because straight up gold selling is beeing limited at 0.25c per million and the current value of gold is way way below that point (~ 6 to 7 times less).

So in effect they aren't stocking radiant stars but just selling them on RMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Radiant stars selling is the only way to "sell gold" in the RMAH. Because straight up gold selling is beeing limited at 0.25c per million and the current value of gold is way way below that point (~ 6 to 7 times less).

So in effect they aren't stocking radiant stars but just selling them on RMAH.
    Ah, so in other words they have so much gold that they didn't mind losing 5% from buying radiant star compared to buying flawless sq + tomes and crafting it themselves. No wonder.

Thanks for the tip.

Deleted
    By the time it takes to craft a radiant star from flawless gems anyone could probably farm more than 5% of its value. Next patch crafting will be much less annoying thanks to multiple crafting queue.

How much are they buying them for? I ended up getting d3 for free from the annual pass and I hate farming, so I'm planning on buying 60 bucks worth of radiant star emeralds on the RMAH to sell on the GAH or I guess in game so I get get some decent gold for upgrades.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2013-04-26 at 03:03 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    How much are they buying them for? I ended up getting d3 for free from the annual pass and I hate farming, so I'm planning on buying 60 bucks worth of radiant star emeralds on the RMAH to sell on the GAH or I guess in game so I get get some decent gold for upgrades.
    I'm not sure there is any point in buying more than a couple to get started, if you don't like farming I'm not sure you'll really play long because that's all there is currently.

If you don't like the game with a 20millions worth of gear, I doubt you'll like it more with a 200 millions worth of gear, still the same mobs, the same skills just higher numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Haha the people you sell them to on the GAH will then go back to the rmah and re-sell them! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Haha the people you sell them to on the GAH will then go back to the rmah and re-sell them! lol
    Yup that's how it works, they are used as a currency between gold and real money.

Deleted
    As if anyone even uses the RMAH on the European server...

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I'm not sure there is any point in buying more than a couple to get started, if you don't like farming I'm not sure you'll really play long because that's all there is currently.

If you don't like the game with a 20millions worth of gear, I doubt you'll like it more with a 200 millions worth of gear, still the same mobs, the same skills just higher numbers.
    I just want to be able to do MP10 on my WD, which is more expensive than a WW Barb ya know? Gotta get that G to craft marquise gems too.

As long as I get my gold, why should I care lol.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

So Radiant Stars are a currency like perfect gems in D2
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Well technically yeah you can think of it like that anyway I find it funny rad gems are 1$ each when I still played that shit was like 10$ per pop

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a nice supply of them built up, in case Blizzard decides to make Marquise gems unbound at some point in the future..

And that may help sink the gigantic amount of gold floating around the market currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Good way to look at it. I know we had 40 perfect gems = 1 high rune (non-ladder) for very long atleast...good times :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO