I wanna play pet battles on my phone (while at work)

I want to play pet battles on my phone. This seems like the perfect kind of content to have accessible via an android app. Does anyone else think Pet battles would work well as a phone app?
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Actually, I really like that idea. I'm not sure that the pets could sync with your WoW account necessarily, but I'd definitely play a stand-alone pet battle game on my phone.

(What I've always wanted is an app that would let me fish on my iPad, so I don't have to just sit in front of my computer for hours on end. This will never happen.)
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

10+ Year Old Account
    would be awsome =P

Deleted
    its been suggested quite a few times before, and it would be awesome dont think we would ever see it though, but i would love it. or i wish they would just make pokemon for ios.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its been suggested quite a few times before, and it would be awesome dont think we would ever see it though, but i would love it. or i wish they would just make pokemon for ios.
    I would play the shit out of that

There are actually a whole bunch of apps that allow you to remote-access your computer from your phone. Basically you send "commands" and your computer keeps sending your phone screencaps (I personally use logmein)

It's very clunky and hard to maneuver, but if you turn on click to move & bind an "Interact with" button, you can pet battle (with some frustrations) on your phone. Depending on what you're fighting, make sure to make macros for /target [name of enemy].

No GBA-level (or even DS, though controls could be touchier) emulators for the iOS? I know finding one (both DS and GBA) for Android took all of no time at all. ROMs are of course the more "difficult" thing (legally anyways) to acquire, so make of it what you will, but the method to play Pokemon in general shouldn't be that hard.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    No GBA-level (or even DS, though controls could be touchier) emulators for the iOS? I know finding one (both DS and GBA) for Android took all of no time at all. ROMs are of course the more "difficult" thing (legally anyways) to acquire, so make of it what you will, but the method to play Pokemon in general shouldn't be that hard.

there probably is some, but its bound to be a pain in the ass. i just want one on the app store i can download with no hassle.

there probably is some, but its bound to be a pain in the ass. i just want one on the app store i can download with no hassle.
    Kinda why I prefer Android I guess. The emulator apps (both free and paid for) were easy to find. I can't say much on the acquisition of ROMs in this day and age (though the ones I have are of games I do own), so loading them from PC to Phone is a simple click-and-drag exercise. Beyond checking your store, is all I can suggest for the "systems", so to speak. Games aren't something I can direct you to.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

wow. I really like the idea. could be a nice chance to get on pvp pet battles since I cant stand it while Im logged at the game with more interesting stuff to do. work breaks would be a great time for it.

I believe there was a blue post about this a while back. They had no plans for it, but you never know.

I don't think that'll ever happen but I would love that, I'd play it constantly.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    I do actually think blizzard is working on this, Like we know blizzard likes to earn as much money as they can earn, and i'm sure they already saw people asking for a pet-battling on phones, and i'm pretty sure if they know how they will create it.

I expect it to be there, maybe at blizzcon even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I've thought about this a lot myself. Leveling pets and collecting them takes a lot of time, and doing these things on our phones when we're.. oh say, on the bus, train, waiting for our flight, would give us more time in-game to pursue other things that pet battles may rob us of.

I simply love pet battles and its has such simple mechanics that it could easily be done as an app. Blizzard could make quite a deal of money off of it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB this.

Would be way more fun than tapping out forum posts on my coffee break. Like I'm doing right now.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I believe there was a blue post about this a while back. They had no plans for it, but you never know.
    Really? I'm kind of surprised. It seems like it could really be a money maker.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto