Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard Employees advantages?

You guys think the employees have some sort of advantage? As in free realm transfer or race change or something like that?

Probably but why care?

Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    You guys think the employees have some sort of advantage? As in free realm transfer or race change or something like that?
    I guess so, similar to how my friend who works in a bank gets better loan rates etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Probably but why care?
    Really don't know, just stroke my mind

Deleted
    WoW Europe: Grunts play for free as long as they work for Blizzard, get free expansions, digital CE content. Management plays for free for life or 25 years or somewhat ridiculous, gets free CEs. Dunno about US employees.

No, never worked for them, but lived in Cork where you can't spill a beer without hitting someone with a Blizzard dogtag.

Hmm some are saying they get free stuff but I have a friend who works for another activision owned studio and they have to buy everything ...they get a 50% discount that is it . I bet before Blizz was owned by activsion you got free account and perks like that but probably not now because if they do it for Blizz they have to do it for all there employees which would be 1000's of people and make for a lot of lost revenue .

I'm positive you get free WoW. That's a benefit even CS gets. Not sure on expansions though, but probably yes.

On glassdoor, people say the benefits are very good, and they get free subs
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-04-20 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    WoW Europe: Grunts play for free as long as they work for Blizzard, get free expansions, digital CE content. Management plays for free for life or 25 years or somewhat ridiculous, gets free CEs. Dunno about US employees.

No, never worked for them, but lived in Cork where you can't spill a beer without hitting someone with a Blizzard dogtag.
    Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Nope, they are generous with free accounts, costs them nothing after all. The people fired in Cork kept theirs and business partners get one as well. Girl from a HR agency doing some stuff for Blizzard told me she had been given one too and never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Hmm some are saying they get free stuff but I have a friend who works for another activision owned studio and they have to buy everything ...they get a 50% discount that is it . I bet before Blizz was owned by activsion you got free account and perks like that but probably not now because if they do it for Blizz they have to do it for all there employees which would be 1000's of people and make for a lot of lost revenue .
    Contrary to the conspiracy theories out there, Activision doesn't own Blizzard. True, it is owned by Activision-Blizzard, but so is Activision and Blizzard Entertainment remains a separate entity from Activision.
    Last edited by Jaese; 2013-04-20 at 12:13 AM.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Contrary to the conspiracy theories out there, Activision doesn't own Blizzard. True, it is owned by Activision-Blizzard, but so is Activision and Blizzard Entertainment remains a separate entity from Activision.
    It is not a conspiracy theory Activision and Blizzard are part of one company.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Reread what I said.

They are separate parts of one company.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

as has been said i would assume they get free or at the least discounted blizzard products, similar to how a friend of mine working at starbucks has a 30% discount at all starbucks locations

If they get free realm xfers that isn't much of an advantage. More like a employee perk, just like almost every other job out there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    The Activision link doesn't matter. Different companies within the same larger company get different perks. Blizzard has always been one of the cooler companies as far as employee perks goes, the Activision thing wouldn't change that at all.

They get their wow paid for they also get friends and family 25 year sub codes to give out, they also get codes for transfers/faction changes/race change, and codes to give out to friends and family of new expacks.

I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a *loan* of one of their 25 year sub codes a while back had it for roughly 2 years, good thing about them is they can get them removed from accounts and they can be used again and again(it's also very weird to see your account doesn't expire until 2035 lol) I've also had the pleasure of receiving free expansion/transfer/race change codes

So yes there are advantages! (Would very much love to work for Blizz haha)

Wow. As a student wishing for a part time job, I really wish I could be a part time customer service employee for Blizzard. Earn a little cash and free up my wow sub money.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, they are two subsidiaries of a single parent company, which is itself a subsidiary of Vivendi.

Blizzard has technically been owned by the same parent company since 1998, though its gone through a few name changes over the years, most recently "Vivendi Games" and "Activision Blizzard."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Actually, they are two subsidiaries of a single parent company, which is itself a subsidiary of Vivendi.

Blizzard has technically been owned by the same parent company since 1998, though its gone through a few name changes over the years, most recently "Vivendi Games" and "Activision Blizzard."
    Activision merged with Vivendi Games to form Activision Blizzard as Vivendi would not sell Blizzard outright to Activision as part of the deal Vivendi retained a 52% stake. Had it not been for the value of the Blizzard name they would have been adsorbed into Activision like all the other games companies, such as Sierra, Neversoft, etc, they have acquired. So technically Blizzard is a subsidiary of Activision which was renamed to Activision Blizzard which is still headed by bobby Kotick as it was prior to the merger.

Activision merged with Vivendi Games to form Activision Blizzard as Vivendi would not sell Blizzard outright to Activision as part of the deal Vivendi retained a 52% stake. Had it not been for the value of the Blizzard name they would have been adsorbed into Activision like all the other games companies, such as Sierra, Neversoft, etc, they have acquired. So technically Blizzard is a subsidiary of Activision which was renamed to Activision Blizzard which is still headed by bobby Kotick as it was prior to the merger.
    Luckily, words from the Blizzards CEO (A cool guy, especially when he appeared on Wil Wheaton's tabletop) say Blizzard and Activsion are seperate so shoo.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!