Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    When I join LFR run, I just switch to combat log, there is nothing useful that they are going to say anyway, also DK hate is not as big as it in Wrath, I switched my main from Shaman back then and never looked back and since I don't give a damn about what other people think, I never cared for this DK hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Hey

    So I just kinda need to vent out.
    Was in LFR just now, and there was some kind of an argument going on (cant even recall the topic), and when I mixed into it, I got told to shut up because I was a DK and all DKs are stupid.
    So.. 4-5 more joined him, calling me stupid, idiotic etc etc because I was a "brain dead DK". They could have just been trolling, but this shit is so tiresome. (and yeah, this do happen from time to time, just had enough now and had to vent out. Not a one time happening)
    So I just told them that I reported them all for classism(racism pun), and well - hell started and I was a complete moron, they started to quote differnt laws etc, telling me I had no reason to call that classism/racism as it had nothing to do with that. Even though they just biased a whole class to be stupid.. Kinda like calling all asians smart nerds or what ever..

    Well, I ended up having a laugh at how dumb some people are when they can hide behind a computer.

    So, anyone else experience stuff like this while grouped up with strangers? May it be BG, RBG, LFR, PUG, LFD or what ever you do when joining a bunch of random people.
    generally i have more problems with hunters and mages.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  3. #23
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,175
    It's got nothing to do with LFR, but with the social mindset of our community in general. I don't even play a DK and I see the hate everywhere. Even when they're doing exceptional, people still call them out. "Lol fucking faceroll class." The moment a death knight does anything wrong, you'd think they just ran over a kitten.

    There's tons of players who don't care of every class, but I've never seen a class as chastised as the DK.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  4. #24
    Sucks that everyone thinks male night elf dk's are retarded...best race to tank with imo. That 2% to dodge is pretty nice.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    It's got nothing to do with LFR, but with the social mindset of our community in general. I don't even play a DK and I see the hate everywhere. Even when they're doing exceptional, people still call them out. "Lol fucking faceroll class." The moment a death knight does anything wrong, you'd think they just ran over a kitten.

    There's tons of players who don't care of every class, but I've never seen a class as chastised as the DK.
    am i the only one who rarely sees this? maybe ive been lucky ive only seen maybe 3 people who hate death knights since wrath ended.

    i see more people going "LOL HUNTARD" than death knight hate

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ThHeretic View Post
    Sucks that everyone thinks male night elf dk's are retarded...best race to tank with imo. That 2% to dodge is pretty nice.
    i just dont like night elves in general
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  6. #26
    My Blood Elf DK is one of the best on my server. I love proving the BE DK haters wrong, they get mad.

    "also every blood elf male dk i have ever seen has turned out to be a completed retard, dunno if its a disease or what."

    ... Still getting use to the forums.

  7. #27
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    am i the only one who rarely sees this? maybe ive been lucky ive only seen maybe 3 people who hate death knights since wrath ended.

    i see more people going "LOL HUNTARD" than death knight hate
    l
    You're not wrong. I see the hunter hate too, but in my experience, people usually wait until the hunter screws up to get on their case. DKs however, (again in my experience) are sometimes made fun of immediately in groups. "Oh god, a death knight. Time for some faceroll" or "lol wish I could just aoe everything and top the charts, oh wait I'm not a DK!"

    It gets pretty sad, and from the people I've spoken with about it, it's far from just my sad little server that does it.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,701
    It is because dks are so easy to start most of them don't have the slightest idea of what they are doing or even care for that matter.
    And whenever a dk is playing good it is not because of his skill but because of his OP faceroll class.
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  9. #29
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It is because dks are so easy to start most of them don't have the slightest idea of what they are doing or even care for that matter.
    And whenever a dk is playing good it is not because of his skill but because of his OP faceroll class.
    I believe my point is made.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    4,315
    Maybe they had a reason for that. What did you say? That disci priests are impossible to kill in pvp as a DK?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Maybe they had a reason for that. What did you say? That disci priests are impossible to kill in pvp as a DK?
    is anything impossible to kill as DK? Lol, stack some necros and burn him/her down.. I didnt realy say anything, they just started to hate on me :P

  12. #32
    "not every dk is stupid, but every stupid has a dk."

  13. #33
    Dont think Blizzard helped by calling Deathknights the new Hero class instead of just a new class, jealous people all round

  14. #34
    Pit Lord iktankniet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    behind a desk
    Posts
    2,419
    Don't forget the Retardins! But that was a while ago in TBC/WOTLK. Easy to play, not very hard to master back then. just install a addon which tells you to use what attack in what order.

  15. #35
    Can't say that I've seen too much of this since wraith. Maybe a few times in Cata but none that I can remember since MoP. Could help that I'm raid geared so I don't have any issues topping the dps in lfr by quite a bit.

    I have noticed that some of the "LFR hero" types will just look for stuff to call people out on and cause trouble, and this is multiplied in the t14 LFR's now because they are just so faceroll they must have nothing better to do. I think they must just be so bored with the game they revert to super troll mode because they can't just play the game for fun like a normal person, they get their jolly's off by starting shit on the internet.

    Generally if someone starts making trouble in LFR, I just call them out on it and the majority of the 25 people in the LFR would rather not have drama, so I can get them kicked. But generally speaking my LFR's go off fairly quietly, with no real issues.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    Dont think Blizzard helped by calling Deathknights the new Hero class instead of just a new class, jealous people all round
    Unfortunately, the concept behind what a hero class was supposed to be and how it got translated are a huge factor. The concept of a hero class was - You are an experienced wow player, therefore you shouldn't be required to do all that leveling. The way the community took it was... This is a heroic class. They are special, overpowered, and amazing. It certainly didn't help that they were quite overpowered for a great deal of WOTLK either.

    Because of the fact that it is the only class that starts at lvl 55, everyone has one - because nobody wants to level through the old content (despite the fact that it is significantly easier now). So, like others have said - and bears repeating... "Not every dk is stupid, but every stupid has a dk."

    I forget Ghostcrawler's quote about building DK's, but it goes something like this... Who knew that when you remove all of the crap that has been building up in classes over the multiple expansions, the remaining class would become overpowered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •