Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hate against DKs

Hey

So I just kinda need to vent out.
    Was in LFR just now, and there was some kind of an argument going on (cant even recall the topic), and when I mixed into it, I got told to shut up because I was a DK and all DKs are stupid.
    So.. 4-5 more joined him, calling me stupid, idiotic etc etc because I was a "brain dead DK". They could have just been trolling, but this shit is so tiresome. (and yeah, this do happen from time to time, just had enough now and had to vent out. Not a one time happening)
    So I just told them that I reported them all for classism(racism pun), and well - hell started and I was a complete moron, they started to quote differnt laws etc, telling me I had no reason to call that classism/racism as it had nothing to do with that. Even though they just biased a whole class to be stupid.. Kinda like calling all asians smart nerds or what ever..

Well, I ended up having a laugh at how dumb some people are when they can hide behind a computer.

So, anyone else experience stuff like this while grouped up with strangers? May it be BG, RBG, LFR, PUG, LFD or what ever you do when joining a bunch of random people.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I think DK hating is a WoW sport , I see it everhwere too

Just ignore them. I play pretty much all classes, and although my main is a Death Knight, every class does indeed have their fair share of idiots; it's just a more well-known stereotype. Most Death Knights I see are terrible/stupid/brain dead/whatever else, and, sadly, do earn us that title though - but maybe I just see that more because I tend to compare myself to others.

Just to list a few:

All Male Night Elfs are back-pedalling morons.
    Hunters are called Huntards for a reason.
    Mages are faceroll: lolABABABABAB (or Ice Lance, take your pick).

As an example of why these names get thrown around, I was just in a dungeon on my Pally Tank and had two players who give their class certain titles:

Warlock - He swore his Voidwalker's Suffering (i.e. Taunt) was off - even though my AddOn (BadPet) was whispering him constantly and it was pulling agro out of the blue. Clearly, all Warlocks are retards who don't know their class or how to control their pets.

Death Knight - Used Death Grip on cooldown, even if the mob was in melee range. Herpaderpknight.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-04-20 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Because why not - that's why!

Haters are going to hate. If they were low on the meters you should have asked them why they were so bad at their class. Basically they are idiots who just blindly repeat things that they have heard.

Deleted
    Yeah. I tend to troll people to think that im complete retard at the start of LFR run, and when the most pissed off idiots start to yell me at being typical derpknight and that i shouldn't be playing this game at all. Well after the boss when they see me at nr1 spot on be it either interrupts, dps or anything positive i ask them why are they so bad that they cant beat a buttonsmasher with lower ilvl than they have at anything at all. I've seen them either ragequitting, ignoring me or trying to vote me out (luckily the vote rarely passes).

Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    Yeah. I tend to troll people to think that im complete retard at the start of LFR run, and when the most pissed off idiots start to yell me at being typical derpknight and that i shouldn't be playing this game at all. Well after the boss when they see me at nr1 spot on be it either interrupts, dps or anything positive i ask them why are they so bad that they cant beat a buttonsmasher with lower ilvl than they have at anything at all. I've seen them either ragequitting, ignoring me or trying to vote me out (luckily the vote rarely passes).
    Interesting, are you proud of this behavior?

Deleted
    You were in LFR.

LFR affords people the type of anonymity that breeds a specific type of douchebaggery. They're likely never going to see you again, the meme/#yolo lifestyle dictates that they HAVE to take the piss out of someone because that's how they play the game and end up feeling good about themselves. IMO it's the WoW equivalent of auto-erotic asphyxiation... Fucking stupid but some people get off on it.

Everyone has it, I've had it... I end up doing LFR to valor cap because I simply enjoy the process of "raiding" and I still get the occasional "DKLOL" based insults, even doing 180k+ on Garalon when the next person down is doing 70k. Just ignore it.

Deleted
    I get the impression that a lot of it seems to stem from the old Wrath 'omg dk's are super OP' attitude, despite the fact that we haven't been able to top meters without at least a reasonable amount of effort and at the least this tier's gear for a long time.

All classes get it but certainly to me (in LFR) it seems like DK's are the target of 'OP' complaints a lot more than any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post

Hunters are called Huntards for a reason.

Warlock - He swore his Voidwalker's Suffering (i.e. Taunt) was off - even though my AddOn (BadPet) was whispering him constantly and it was pulling agro out of the blue. Clearly, all Warlocks are retards who don't know their class or how to control their pets.
    Huntards were the old DKs. They held the title of being the retarded class up to the point DKs came around.

Any lock that uses Voidwalker while not soloing is an idiot.

Played Death Knight most of Wrath of the Lich King, and some during this expansion, and I've only ever seen love for Death Knights, as healers can just go AFK while I do all the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Played Death Knight most of Wrath of the Lich King, and some during this expansion, and I've only ever seen love for Death Knights, as healers can just go AFK while I do all the work.
    Healer GoodTank love trumps DK hate. All I can think of.

Never actually seen any DK hate just for being a DK. I have seen plenty of moron hate and plenty of petclass hate though.

I tend not to be biased against an entire class, but there are several guilds and realms that I am "racist" against. A comment from my most recent LFR where someone from Moon Guard was top dps (by far): "hey quit challenging my views of moonguard!"

mages rogues locks and hunters get the same shit, not really a big thing
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    hype aside , most deathknights i meet in lfr/lfd are herpderp dkArthrasdk with no grasp of the game mechanics whatsoever, which i find sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember, Not every DK is an idiot, but every idiot got an DK

And when i do dungeons/scenario i think every1 loves me as i just steamroll everything while they r on follow afking :>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

This basically carried on from WTLK where Death Knights were the "Flavour of the Entire Expansion". I was barely geared and I would top DPS on most fights in ICC as Unholy before the changes in 4.0.1.

Not only that, but it attracted a large portion of the WoW player base since it was the first "Hero" class and it actually lived up to its tag. There probably has never been another class besides hunters that have gotten a lot of stick only cause it was easy to screw up with the class and for that to inconvenience the entire group.

I still remember levelling through TBC dungeons in those days and horrible some of the DK tanks were. But its carried on to this day cause its much easier to level a Death Knight compared to a lot of other classes since it starts at level 55.

I wouldn't say its the most complicated but it takes some time getting use to trying to manage 2 resources and isn't a class recommended for a novice or someone new to MMOs and the game but a lot still pick them up as a class.

Its just people stereotyping all Death Knights, the same as most Hunters have to deal with the term Huntards and Rets with LoLRet in every aspect of the game.

Also unlike Retribution Paladins, DKs like Hunters are pretty easy to top damage meters without putting much effort into it. I mean have you looked at a Hunters recount chart? Their highest contributing damage is often autoshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Haters are going to hate. If they were low on the meters you should have asked them why they were so bad at their class. Basically they are idiots who just blindly repeat things that they have heard.
    Yeah the main person bashing on me was doing 50k dps on Lei Shen, while I was 2nd or 3rd. Asking him why me as an idiot, could do so much more dps than him, got back this reply: "Because I'm watching a movie, idiot!".. So yeah, I love LFR and the community LFD/LFR have made. Remember in Classic, if you where rude you never got a second group :] Those where the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Yeah the main person bashing on me was doing 50k dps on Lei Shen, while I was 2nd or 3rd. Asking him why me as an idiot, could do so much more dps than him, got back this reply: "Because I'm watching a movie, idiot!".. So yeah, I love LFR and the community LFD/LFR have made. Remember in Classic, if you where rude you never got a second group :] Those where the times.
    Trying to use DPS as an argument for intelligence doesn't necessarily make you look any better in all honesty.

And in the end people are just rude because they can be. Even in vanilla these same rude people got groups. The fallacy that acting like a fool in Vanilla got you blacklisted from ever raiding is grossly exaggerated on these forums.

Deleted
    I was always hating on dks, mostly because it's fun, and because all those rerollers in wotlk who played dk. Now I play dk myself as main, although I have all classes. Fortunately never happend to me, I guess LFR the most common place of such posts, but still never seen one.

hunters and deathknights are commonly hated, with good reason though, the two classes attract retards, always have

Deleted
    level a new char, get into the 58+ range dungeons and you will see.
    Dk dps deathgripping bosses/mobs while you are tanking them, still see some at 80+ in agility gear

also every blood elf male dk i have ever seen has turned out to be a completed retard, dunno if its a disease or what.