Page 1 of 17
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993

    Why is it still possible to kill lower level characters?

    I know, it's a PvP server. And I want to play on a PvP server. But I see no sense in having high level characters be able to kill lower level characters. Nobody plays on a PvP server because he wants to be killed by a level 90 player at level 30. People play on a PvP server to do compelling world PvP, and that isn't the case when a level 90 character ganks low level characters. There is not a single good thing this brings and taking away the ability to attack players that are, let's say, more than 5-10 levels below you would not cause any harm to PvP servers.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Because there's nothing wrong with it.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,679
    It's just part of a pvp realm, if you don't like it roll on a pve server.

    Why is it still possible for people to still whine about this when they know that's how pvp realm work? That is the question i want to know.

    You change your name to often Apathy!
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  4. #4
    because they're weaker? I used to see plenty of lower levels beat up max level characters back in the day anyhow

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It's just part of a pvp realm, if you don't like it roll on a pve server.

    Why is it still possible for people to still whine about this when they know that's how pvp realm work? That is the question i want to know.
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-

  6. #6
    Yeah it's frustrating to deal with being jumped by a level 90 while leveling. The best thing to do is just go do something else for a while. Level a different character in a different zone, or do some cleaning in your house, whatever it takes to occupy you for a little bit. The first few characters I leveled were all on pvp servers and the people who do the ganking usually won't sit there and wait for long if you don't res repeatedly.

  7. #7
    Part of the game, next please.

  8. #8
    if you dont like it then dont roll on a pvp server?

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Yeah it's frustrating to deal with being jumped by a level 90 while leveling. The best thing to do is just go do something else for a while. Level a different character in a different zone, or do some cleaning in your house, whatever it takes to occupy you for a little bit. The first few characters I leveled were all on pvp servers and the people who do the ganking usually won't sit there and wait for long if you don't res repeatedly.
    I know what to do when that happens, the question still remains why not actually do something against it? Nobody likes it, and people always complain about it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    I'm very sorry that you've had a bad day today, but I think you should sober up and read this again tomorrow. When you're back to your normal self you'll see how stupid what you're saying is.

  11. #11
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    if you dont like it then dont roll on a pvp server?
    Uhm I want to do PvP?

    Now you might say "lol why you complain then"

    Because, good sir, getting killed by a high level character that one shots you is not PvP

    Now you might say "lol it's player versus player"

    Good sir, people interested in PvP do not roll on a PvP server because they want to attack level 90 players when dozens of levels below. You know why? Because they don't have a chance anyway. It's like forcing players to fight level 90 raid bosses alone at level 30. What good does this bring to the game? What good does this bring to PvP? Tell me one good thing this does for PvP.
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2013-04-20 at 01:42 AM.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Bathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,505
    Because sometimes, if you kill them in a creative way, it's terribly entertaining.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I'm very sorry that you've had a bad day today, but I think you should sober up and read this again tomorrow. When you're back to your normal self you'll see how stupid what you're saying is.
    Could you be any more arrogant? Other games punish and discourage players for ganking lower level characters. PvP servers differ depending on what game you play. Take a look at Tera and Age of Conan.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Uhm I want to do PvP?

    Now you might say "lol why you complain then"

    Because, good sir, getting killed by a high level character that one shots you is not PvP

    Now you might say "lol it's player versus player"

    Good sir, people interested in PvP do not roll on a PvP server because they want to attack level 90 players when dozens of levels below. You know why? Because they don't have a chance anyway. It's like forcing players to fight level 90 raid bosses alone at level 30? What good does this bring to the game? What good does this bring to PvP? Tell me one good thing this does for PvP?
    Good sir, if I walk up to a level 30 cunt ass rogue with my dragon slaying, scourge slaughtering, blinged out Death Knight and I am not ALLOWED to kill your sorry ass, you'd end up with this exact thread, only I'd be the OP.

    Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-20 at 05:26 AM.

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Good sir, if I walk up to a level 30 cunt ass rogue with my dragon slaying, scourge slaughtering, blinged out Death Knight and I am not ALLOWED to kill your sorry ass, you'd end up with this exact thread, only I'd be the OP.
    You can not attack players in sanctuaries. You can not attack players in low level zones unless they attack you first. Why does it stop at around level 20? If you attack players in some places, guards will swarm you, even if you accidentally misclick on them. There's a reason for that.

  16. #16
    Stepping on lowbies serves a somewhat draconian purpose of inspiring a character's PvP progression and focus by presenting eventually surmountable opposition (high level players) who are actively making your experience with the enemy faction not just lore and story-based, but personal as well. Leveling a character in a PvP environment encourages caution early on, and promotes contention with enemy players later. You have just as much opportunity to turn around when you're a high level and pick on enemy lowbies or defend the lowbies of your own faction.
    The only time griefing is lame is on a Normal/Normal-RP server. It's cowardly and brings PvP to a server community that doesn't really welcome that kind of action.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    Its posssible because enough people are fine with it happening. if no one rolled PVP servers, Blizzard would change something, or just not use those types of servers anymore. If you don't like it, leave, instead of trying to take away a mechanic for everyone else. You CAN world PVP on PVE servers. I believe the command is /pvp.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 09:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know what to do when that happens, the question still remains why not actually do something against it? Nobody likes it, and people always complain about it.
    If this were true, PVP servers wouldn't exist.

  18. #18
    seems to me like you jsut cant handle the pvp server, just because YOU dont like it doesnt mean you speak for everyone as you seem to think.

  19. #19
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    Stepping on lowbies serves a somewhat draconian purpose of inspiring a character's PvP progression and focus by presenting eventually surmountable opposition (high level players) who are actively making your experience with the enemy faction not just lore and story-based, but personal as well. Leveling a character in a PvP environment encourages caution early on, and promotes contention with enemy players later. You have just as much opportunity to turn around when you're a high level and pick on enemy lowbies or defend the lowbies of your own faction.
    The only time griefing is lame is on a Normal/Normal-RP server. It's cowardly and brings PvP to a server community that doesn't really welcome that kind of action.
    That really sounds like a nice idea, but when you're getting ganked for an hour and are helpless, that is really of no comfort. All it serves is to give players the chance to grief other players until they jizz in their pants. Anybody drawing pleasure from one-shotting low level players must be a potato.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    There are people that see the lower levels questing and pass them up, you just don't always notice them. It's a part of the PVP servers, and it's made very clear. If you don't want that to happen, you can choose to play on a PVE realm. Simple and there's no argument here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •