Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    why wouldn't that be pve?

    I'll do you one better and say that questing is pve
    Is a player attacking script controlled monsters then It's pvE yes thus he is actually doing pvE hes engaging in boss fights as well thus pvE he did say hes going to RFC.

    So thus he just botched his response.

  2. #282
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,089
    Short version?

    Because some people can't handle fighting a player their own level and their delicate little bottoms would be all sore if they were forced to only play with targets that stand a chance of fighting back.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  3. #283
    My personal problem with world PVP is that I can't hop onto my main and gank them back, usually.

    They're always in a different CRZ that I can't phase into. That just makes it annoying and stupid. (especially places like shrine of goldrinn, where my max toons are all phased out of.)


    Edit: It also doesn't help that resilience scaling is so high as of right now that unless they are REALLY bad, I can't win without full pvp gear.

  4. #284
    There doesn't need to be a middle ground change. The middle ground is PVE servers. You can /pvp anytime you want. This means you can wait until you are 90 and /pvp every where you go.

    Also they have BG's for people who love pvping people of their level. Just switch servers, it will be a win-win for all.
    There doesn't? You do realize that the world is currently severely underpopulated, right? You do know that Blizzard is currently trying to figure out ways to get people out into the world to solve that problem, right? YOU might not think there needs to be a middle ground, but there certainly DOES need to be if they want low level players to be interested enough to step outside cities during the leveling process.

    I mean seriously, Blizzard just spent months revamping the 1-60 zones by redoing quests hubs to make them flow better. It was a complete waste of resources because most players will never even do them for fear of having their time wasted by some asshat griefing them.

    Even on pve servers, where you can choose when and where to flag yourself, if you do so at level 20, some level 90 can still come along and gank you. So your logic is fail either way. What many players are asking for, is a place where they can experience world pvp at their level without being unable to fight back. They WANT to fight back, they want the challenge of maybe winning that fight without having to involve other level 90s just to make it fair. They don't want to log over to their main (assuming they even have one, new players probably don't), they want to fight on the character they are currently leveling.

    Blizzard needs to understand that and change the rules of pvp servers accordingly. Someone mentioned earlier that they could use phasing to solve this problem, and they definitely could. They could make the game phase out people who are higher level than are intended to be in a zone. Or they could just make it so that pvp flagged players can only be attacked by other players their level.

    Lots of easy fixes. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what is lost by doing them.
    Last edited by Eroginous; 2013-04-21 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  5. #285
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    My personal problem with world PVP is that I can't hop onto my main and gank them back, usually.

    They're always in a different CRZ that I can't phase into. That just makes it annoying and stupid. (especially places like shrine of goldrinn, where my max toons are all phased out of.)
    My problem is this.

    In the industry I work in IRL, I tend to work with a LOT of fellow WoW players. I'd say in the past 7 years, I've worked with probably over 70 different people who play on PvP servers. In seven years, you know how many I have heard talk about even one actual fair fight? One. And he was COMPLAINING about it because it was stopping him from camping newbies. You know how many I've heard brag about griefing people who can't fight back for hours on end? ALL OF THEM.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Blizzard needs to understand that and change the rules of pvp servers accordingly.
    PvP servers are serving their purpose well. If an alternative rule set is required, it should come in the form of another server type and not at the expense of the PvP server functionality.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    And this often also lead to the massive world pvp events a'la South Shore / Tauren Mill.., I guess it's a hard concept to deal with in today's 100% anti-social fast food game..
    This is such a great post. This is the real problem. Back in the day people didn't whine that much about things like ganking in a war game. They got friends and counter ganked. They did something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    But the thing with stupid people who enjoy bullying is that they dont see whats wrong with it, they will continue to argue there's nothing wrong with what theyre doing just like we've seen from people in this thread.
    If anything to do with this thread were actual bullying, this might be relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Sad to see how much antisocial people play this game, I thought we were blessed away from the dumb COD-crowd.
    Lowbie-ganking isnt your way of dealing with getting spanked by your parents, its just pathetic and you should grow up.
    Whats wrong with COD? Thats another war game, like WoW is... I don't see how you somehow equate ganking to someone being mentally disturbed by being spanked when they were young.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    There is simple solution for this and similar tech already exist in WoW (challenge mode for dungeons) - just apply it for characters in low lvl zones and dynamically adjust player and gear stats. Talents and skills (scaled down of course) still give them enough advantage but those low lvl players get at least some remote chance to fight back - so it's still pvp.
    You are right! There is a similar tech that already exists in WoW, its called PVE servers! It would fix ALL of the OPs problems! WOW!

  8. #288
    When I rolled on a PvP server years ago, there was always the chance of escaping a higher level since we had the same mount speed. Now, with flying mounts in Azeroth and CRZ, it's just not fun to level. It's a pain in the ass. I don't want to spend $200 in transfers to move my characters...wtb free ones pl0x

  9. #289
    It's entertaining, but has it's limits. PvP servers are made for World PvP, reroll a normal/rp server then if it bothers you.

    It is allowed because it is a PvP server. I believe the PvP automatically enables you when you hit 20 or 30, untill then, don't try to hit someone of the opposite faction, or heal a PvP-Enabled friend.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosty View Post
    This is one of the few things guildwars did better, automaticly lowering levels (and HP pool etc) when entering certain zones was great, even though the equipment players had still made a difference (tho there is a cap on gear sort to speak), you had a chance if you were smart enough.
    This way you never had these infinite arguements (i do agree with the OP tho, harrasing lowbies is pointless & stupid) and these stupid reasonings "LOL ITS PVP SERVER"; cause thats basicly how these "arguements" always end.

    Warcraft's pvp design for the open world is super flawed, i'm fairly confident if it wasn't due to technical limitations Blizzard would have changed this towards GW's system ages ago, but since they can't, they'll just stick to the current design & base their comments on that.
    Its not flawed, you just don't like it. There is a huge difference. No matter how many things you put in upper case or quotations, won't disprove the simple fact that we have 4 server types, and 2 of them have open faction pvp enabled, and 2 of them let you choose when and where you want to pvp.

    PVE servers do exist, and let people choose.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Short version?

    Because some people can't handle fighting a player their own level and their delicate little bottoms would be all sore if they were forced to only play with targets that stand a chance of fighting back.
    This is a straw man response. Its just dismissing any real arguments here and labeling people who gank as bads, when I'm sure many of them could stomp on your max level toons as well. Just because they enjoy killing lowbies, doesn't make them bad, or you better than they are. PVP is part of the game, on pvp servers.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    There doesn't? You do realize that the world is currently severely underpopulated, right? You do know that Blizzard is currently trying to figure out ways to get people out into the world to solve that problem, right? YOU might not think there needs to be a middle ground, but there certainly DOES need to be if they want low level players to be interested enough to step outside cities during the leveling process.
    No, the middle ground you want already exists in a server type. Its called PVE servers. THAT is the middle ground between NO pvp and ALL pvp. So go there and have fun whenever you want.

  11. #291
    Because there has to be this inherent risk from players straying into either higher level regions or into regions controlled primarily or entirely by the opposing faction.
    The problem with PvP realms is nothing to do with the mechanics, but from the attitude of players.
    That lack of control allows someone to be an ass, and very often they take full advantage.

  12. #292
    Because that is the kind of excitement you can have while walking around. It's the reason why I play a PvP server. I want to have the excitement of being able to get attacked by a player any possible moment.

  13. #293
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    21,605
    This is what PvP servers are for. Ganking players who do not want to engage in PvP with you. That is the sum and entire point of the PvP ruleset. Literally every other kind of PvP exists on PvP servers;

    Arenas? Check.
    Battlegrounds? Check.
    Duels? Check.
    City raids? Check.
    Instanced world PvP like Wintergrasp/Tol Barad? Check.
    Consensual world PvP? Check.
    Non-consensual world PvP, also called "ganking"? PvP server only.

    World PvP between consenting level 90s, or between people you encounter while leveling of a similar level where you both go "yes, I would like to kill you", that all exists, and has always existed, on PvE servers. The ONLY difference on PvP servers is that you're automatically "flagged" for PvP outside of sanctuary zones, and can be killed by anyone of the opposing faction, at any time, period. That's the entire point of the server type. If you don't like it and think it sucks, you should be on a PvE server. It is not the server type's fault that you did not understand what you were getting into.

    Some of us knew exactly what it meant, because we read up on the server type before choosing one, and chose PvP servers for precisely this reason. I enjoy the threat of gankers. And I'm not remembering an earlier, more peaceful era, either; I've leveled two toons to 90 since CRZ was brought in. Post-CRZ is more like Vanilla leveling than anything we've had since.


    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    My personal problem with world PVP is that I can't hop onto my main and gank them back, usually.

    They're always in a different CRZ that I can't phase into. That just makes it annoying and stupid. (especially places like shrine of goldrinn, where my max toons are all phased out of.)
    That's not CRZ, that's normal phasing. CRZ is set; if you were CRZing with their server in Mount Hyjal on your lowbie, when you fly up there on your main, it'll still be CRZed with their server. And when you come back next week, it'll still be CRZed with them. They can update the CRZ connections, and do, but it isn't dynamic, it's manual, and they'll only change it if the mix isn't right for some reason.

    What you're seeing is people at an earlier stage of the zone than you're phased to, and that has nothing to do with CRZ.

    Edit: It also doesn't help that resilience scaling is so high as of right now that unless they are REALLY bad, I can't win without full pvp gear.
    Yes, people with full PvP gear will tend to beat you in PvP. That's deliberate. You aren't supposed to have a fair shot against the fully Conquest-geared ganker, with your fresh 90 in quest greens/blues (or even LFR epics, for that matter).

  14. #294
    The Patient kallekaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    around 60°N 24°E
    Posts
    329
    I dont mind getting killed by a high level character. Even ganked. Its not a problem and I almost kinda enjoy it. Its always fun to try to run away from the ganker.
    There are a few solutions tho if it gets too frustrating.
    a) dont play on a pvp server
    b)take a break
    c) pwn them with ur main
    d) join a bg or a dungeon so u at least get a break from the ganker.

    But I dont think Ive ever been ganked so hard that it got really annoying. But maybe its just me not getting annoyed by it

    Edit: yeah, I just enjoy the game too much. Doesnt matter if the only thing Im doing is running to my corpse, everything is fine. I never get angry or frustrated when playing wow. I just have fun and if Im not having fun Ill do something else
    Last edited by kallekaka; 2013-04-21 at 07:21 PM.

  15. #295
    Warchief icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    2,084
    I take great joy in ganking lowbies til they log off or call for high level help. People that whine or compare it to rl bullies need to grow a spine or reroll to PVE server. The best part of this game is making the other faction miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If you're black and ever pick up a gun, or something that looks like a gun, or something that looks like a knife, or something that looks like a phone, or something that looks like you're a black person standing around not being white, chances are some cops are gonna come shoot you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    9 years ago... I accidentally took healing wave off my action bar with my level 4 Orc Shaman.... I thought I lost it forever and remade the character.

  16. #296
    if you dont like the chance of being ganked then go play a pve server,.......if your on a pvp server then you play with the risks associated with that simple as.

    What you dont do is come on here crying, trying to make out every other person should have there game impacted because you take dying on a video game way to seriously, you are not a special little snowflake, ganking is part of life on a pvp server most of us accept it and even enjoy ir if you dont then fuck off....simple, change the way you play(ie go to pve) if you have a problem dont expect the game to change for you.

    /end thread

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    if you dont like the chance of being ganked then go play a pve server,.......if your on a pvp server then you play with the risks associated with that simple as.

    What you dont do is come on here crying, trying to make out every other person should have there game impacted because you take dying on a video game way to seriously, you are not a special little snowflake, ganking is part of life on a pvp server most of us accept it and even enjoy ir if you dont then fuck off....simple, change the way you play(ie go to pve) if you have a problem dont expect the game to change for you.

    /end thread
    This
    Don't complain on the forums about something that is your own fault. You chose to play on a pvp server. The realistic 'danger' factor is part of the reason that leveling on a pvp server is more exciting. If you don't feel the same way then feel free to server transfer.

  18. #298
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,033
    Because PvP realm.

  19. #299
    Because this is World PvP, baby. World PvP = ganking and unfair fights. What did you expect, a friendly hug from another faction? The very sense and soul of PvP servers lies in ganking. It is up to me to decide whether I want attack and kill that filthy blood elf, and kill, and kill again, and then kill his filthy main and filthy mains of his friends, or leave him alone because today I'm generous. Take this thing from PvP server and you'll end up in pve world, because (surprise-surprise!) there is as much "fair" pvp going on on pve servers as on pvp servers. Only difference between them is Ganking.
    So, please, stop that nonsense about fair pvp on pvp servers. Nobody ever will ask your permission to kill you, really. It is a war, and you're on the opposite side, so survive whatever it takes. Or die trying. If that's too harsh for you... well, you know where the transfer button is.
    ps. Oh dear, how I miss those days of neverending fun in Tarren Mill and STV. I almost feel sorry for Blizzard, they try to resurrect world pvp, but they don't realize it is impossible today with all this nice and sweet dota-generation "Oh-how-the-hell-he-dares-killing-me-on-pvp-server" players.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-04-21 at 08:50 PM.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Because sometimes, if you kill them in a creative way, it's terribly entertaining.
    That is very true, personlly i level via Dung/BG finder all the way up to about lvl 84, then i quest and in Pandaria there is no CRZ and i rarely get killed by a lvl 90, funny thing is that with say a mage, you can kite the stupid enemy player to oblivion, if it is a melee and they just run away and CBA to kill you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •