Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Just because you rolled on a pvp server does not mean the game should fill your zone up with bored 90s (that are not on your server) that will spawncamp you as soon as they see you.
    My friend, you are so false assuming that people who gank you do that because of boreness and having nothing else to do. Will you somehow understand that ablility to gank other people is the main reason people play pvp servers? Me, personally, is killing everyone on sight every here and there (with a small exception of female characters with nice names), and my biggest sorrow is that I can't kill some people of my own faction. No, I don't gank 24/7, but when I travel somewhere from point A to point B, everything in middle that is red will die, period, no matter what levels are them. You can dislike this all you want, my friend, but with rolling on pvp server you've accepted the rules. And you've been warned about that.
    Also. There is nothing wrong with idea of damage scaling. But, I'm quite sure, even if there was damage scaling, people would still whine about them being ganked here and there.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-04-21 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Id just like to end my participation in this thread by giving a big fuck you to anyone trying to whine about pvp on a pvp server....you dont like it as said many many times before (but it appears your to thick as pigshit to listen) LEAVE....simple as, the rest of us enjoy ganking, we get ganked to...and we dont whine about it because we choose pvp knowing there was a chance of that happening.

Now stop pretending your a special little snowflake, stop going way over the top talking about things like bullying etc (which is incredibly disrespectful btw to people who really suffer from such a thing in real life that you equate there pain with your character dying on a video game) and overall just stop with the damn crying, this is life not everything is around to suit you not everyone is going to be nice to you, if you cannot come to peace with that concept you have issues.

But dont bring your attitude here trying to tell other people how to play there game theyve paid for simply because your butthurt that you died and had to spend 10 seconds running from a graveyard.

If your on a pvp server get on with it like the rest of us, if you have a problem fuck off to pve simple as.

It doesn't matter. Even if they had a sort of damage or health scaling, these kinds of people would still whine. Unless they can kill the level 90's 100% of the time as level 30's they will whine about getting ganked on a pvp server... again... every single desire the OP has can be fixed by rolling on a pve server. You can pvp whenever you want there. But its a 2 way street.

Thats the middle ground. Thats the point of pve servers, for people that don't want to be always susceptible to ganks. They can choose when and where they pvp. Or, if that isn't enough to sate your small appetite, you can do BG's where you are guaranteed to only fight people within your level area.

Please Blizzard, keep your integrity, don't sell out even more to whiners.

Again. Per zone level and gear scaling.

Problem not solved, but largely dealt with. The bads who claim that pvp is supposed to be 'dangerous' (lmao) will still have that element, and low levels will have a step towards parity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know, it's a PvP server. And I want to play on a PvP server. But I see no sense in having high level characters be able to kill lower level characters. Nobody plays on a PvP server because he wants to be killed by a level 90 player at level 30. People play on a PvP server to do compelling world PvP, and that isn't the case when a level 90 character ganks low level characters. There is not a single good thing this brings and taking away the ability to attack players that are, let's say, more than 5-10 levels below you would not cause any harm to PvP servers.
    Please stop speaking for everyone else, you're not WoW's spokesperson. I for one welcome the danger of being ganked while leveling an alt. I'm not going to lie and say it makes me happy getting killed by someone many lvls above me, but I enjoy the immersion and having the game artificially block stronger people from killing my character would be worse than the few seconds corpse run imo.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Problem not solved, but largely dealt with. The bads who claim that pvp is supposed to be 'dangerous' (lmao) will still have that element, and low levels will have a step towards parity.
    Except, there is no problem. If you don't want to get ganked, switch to a pve server. That would fix all your problems.

It used to be possible to threaten and kill someone 10 or more levels above you with intelligent tactics and enough numbers. It was enormously fun to level on a PVP server.
    Sadly a number of changes now make it such that you're lucky if you can even dent someone who is 1 or 2 levels above you:

1. Gear inflation: level 89 characters have around half the hitpoints of a level 90. Level 85 has around half that. 90s can 1 or 2 shot a level 89.

2. Self healing: just about every class can now self heal at a rate that means a level 89 cannot even cause the health of a 90 to go down, let alone stand a chance of killing him.

3. Flying mounts: If the lowbies actually get a group together to fight back, their foe simply takes flight and waits until he can pick them off one at a time.

4. PVP gear: pvp gear is sufficiently powerful that it can take a group of equal level PVE-geared characters to even scratch you.

5. PVP specs: some specs are good at PVP and others are unable to take part in any meaningful way.

Points 3, 4 and 5 ruin even equal-level PVP, making sure that the only people who actively participate are gankers wearing PVP gear, in a PVP spec, jumping targets engaging in PVE in a PVE spec with PVE gear when conditions are favourable to the ganker.

Either those things need to change, or something else does. Otherwise PVP servers don't serve a whole lot of purpose, except to sucker people in to having to fork out for a server transfer.
    Last edited by Saeviomage; 2013-04-22 at 03:39 AM.

None of those things "has" to change at all. What COULD change is you being on pvp servers. GG.

because u can go pve servers
    Last edited by Proudefender; 2013-04-22 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Except, there is no problem. If you don't want to get ganked, switch to a pve server. That would fix all your problems.
    i gank lvl 90s all the time

do you know how many people look at the state of pvp and say "fuck it i want no part of that bullshit" but are still stuck dragonslaying on a pvp server?

i think that it would be a great idea

This is incorrect. Your first option, "I don't want to PvP out in the world", and your third, "I want to engage only players my level out in the world because I want a challenging and fair fight", those are both PvE servers.
    No, this is not correct. If I roll on a pvp server and I step foot out in the world for any reason, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. If I roll on a pve server, and I step foot out in the world for any reason, and decide to flag myself, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. There is no middle ground in this game where I can engage in world pvp with only players my level and not have to worry about getting ganked by some asshat level 90. EVEN ON PVE SERVERS YOU STILL GET GANKED BY 90S IN WORLD PVP.

You should roll one sometime so you can be informed.

As someone who leveled up plenty during Vanilla, the only bit you're correct about is the "flying around" part. They just rode around on epic mounts that were way faster than any ground mount a non-60 could have, looking for lowbies to one-shot. Which they absolutely could, unless you were closer in level, like a group of level 48s or some such.
    So what you're saying is that when the game launched, everyone was already level 60? There was no period of time where players had to level and were on fairly equal footing in terms of gear and skill? Are you sure you're talking about Wow? Because the Wow I played it was months before being level 60 was a common thing, and it was many more months before it was common for level 60s to be wearing gear that was capable of one shotting lowbies.

From that perspective, where everyone was a leveling noob in greens and blues, it most certainly wasn't 'world of gank craft' and as a result, the current pvp rules were created.

People don't roll on a pvp server because they want to get ganked. They roll on a pvp server because they want to pvp out in the world against other people their level. That is the ONLY reason anyone has ever rolled on a pvp server. The possibility of getting ganked because your outnumbered is fine and dandy. The possbility of getting ganked because someone has 100x the HP as you do is NOT fine and dandy.

Switching to a pvp server will not give me the ability to engage in world pvp and NOT get ganked by someone with 100x my HP. What you're talking about, this middle ground where players can actually enjoy world pvp, DOES NOT EXIST IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MYSELF AND OTHER PLAYERS WANT THAT TO CHANGE. You don't have to agree with what we want, and you don't have to participate in this discussion.

Nothing you have said thus far in the discussion amounts to a good reason or argument against anything we've said, and you're just wasting your own time at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i gank lvl 90s all the time

do you know how many people look at the state of pvp and say "fuck it i want no part of that bullshit" but are still stuck dragonslaying on a pvp server?

i think that it would be a great idea
    I don't think it would solve any of the OPs problems at all. People that whine about getting ganked would likely still do so. People, especially entitled gamers, have a huge problem with losing NO MATTER WHAT. If its not level imbalance, its gear imbalance, if not that, its class imbalance, if not that, its lag, or cheats or something.

Sore losers will still be sore losers. People that think ganking is a form of bullying, will still always see themselves as the victims. This is why I think it'd be better for everyone if they just moved servers, or rolled new toons on pve servers. Personally I am 100% fine with being ganked. I enjoy the Horde vs Alliance conflict.

The difference between ganking someone at the same level and ganking someone at a lower level (at least these days) is that someone at the same level has a realistic chance to fight back, especially once the resilience change kicks in. The element of risk for the attacker is not zero; same-level ganking is an entirely different beast to low-level ganking.

It's not unrealistic at all to be okay with same-level ganking and not okay with low-level ganking, and this presents the issue of the two not being seperable. I think that there's a case to be made that maybe that should change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know what to do when that happens, the question still remains why not actually do something against it? Nobody likes it, and people always complain about it.
    You don't speak for everyone. And people complain about everything, that doesn't indicate anything frankly.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    People don't roll on a pvp server because they want to get ganked. They roll on a pvp server because they want to pvp out in the world against other people their level. That is the ONLY reason anyone has ever rolled on a pvp server. The possibility of getting ganked because your outnumbered is fine and dandy. The possbility of getting ganked because someone has 100x the HP as you do is NOT fine and dandy.

Switching to a pvp server will not give me the ability to engage in world pvp and NOT get ganked by someone with 100x my HP. What you're talking about, this middle ground where players can actually enjoy world pvp, DOES NOT EXIST IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MYSELF AND OTHER PLAYERS WANT THAT TO CHANGE. You don't have to agree with what we want, and you don't have to participate in this discussion.

Nothing you have said thus far in the discussion amounts to a good reason or argument against anything we've said, and you're just wasting your own time at this point.
    Yes, yes it will. if you see a high level, or start getting ganked by one, you can unflag yourself on a pve server. Problem solved.

I will participate in this whinefest, because you are trying to take away something from me and others instead of switching servers to something more appropriate to yourself. Everything I have said is fine an legitimate, you just don't like it. Implying that I should leave because you literally have nothing good to say besides stomping your feet doesn't mean you win the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP ... make players untargetable by other players that have their level shown as a skull... and there problem fixed... I also really hate it when I'm minding my own business and a rogue that is similar to my lvl attacks me, I kill him and then he comes with a lvl 90 or w/e buddy to "teach me a lesson"... or when I'm having fun doing some skirmishes with other hordes and having some random 90 flying above me and killing me during my fight, or minding my business mining some ores, skinning some mobs and all of a sudden some asshole comes on his 310% flying speed mount and 1hits me(how do you avoid that pls explain it to me?)

... avoiding ganking may have worked in vanilla but right now it's impossible ... especially before cata lvls ... because every class can 1 hit u ... even healers ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

What "problem" does this "fix"? Ganking isn't a problem, it's intended and desired gameplay. If you don't like it, there's a whole server class designed for your predilections; PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    No, this is not correct. If I roll on a pvp server and I step foot out in the world for any reason, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. If I roll on a pve server, and I step foot out in the world for any reason, and decide to flag myself, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. There is no middle ground in this game where I can engage in world pvp with only players my level and not have to worry about getting ganked by some asshat level 90. EVEN ON PVE SERVERS YOU STILL GET GANKED BY 90S IN WORLD PVP.
    And all you have to do is un-toggle PvP and wait out the timer, and go about your day. If you flag yourself for PvP, you've made yourself available to anyone. If you only want to fight people within a certain level range, that's what Battlegrounds are for.

So what you're saying is that when the game launched, everyone was already level 60? There was no period of time where players had to level and were on fairly equal footing in terms of gear and skill? Are you sure you're talking about Wow? Because the Wow I played it was months before being level 60 was a common thing, and it was many more months before it was common for level 60s to be wearing gear that was capable of one shotting lowbies.
    Straw man, since the game quickly stratified into people of various levels, and you don't need to be at the level cap to gank. A level 40 can gank a level 20 just fine.

People don't roll on a pvp server because they want to get ganked. They roll on a pvp server because they want to pvp out in the world against other people their level. That is the ONLY reason anyone has ever rolled on a pvp server.
    False. You're simply projecting your own preferences on the community. I, for instance, did roll on a PvP server for precisely the purpose of being ganked. It adds an extra threat to the leveling process, an extra challenge, and I enjoy that challenge. And that proves your entire argument, here, to be false. You do not speak for everyone.

I enjoy world PvP, and have enjoyed it since Vanilla. MoP is the best it's been, in my opinion. If you don't want to get ganked, don't flag for PvP, and don't play on PvP servers. There's plenty of PvP opportunities outside that. You don't need to campaign to try and change PvP servers from the ruleset that has existed, essentially without change, since Vanilla. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of players who enjoy those servers as they are. You do not speak for us. We chose these servers for a host of reasons. If you don't like them, you don't have to play on them.

Beacuse the lowlife's who cant play the game on even terms need to be catered as well, since they aparently is a majority blizzard has to look towards those poor souls as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get on your main and slaughter them... if you're on a PvP server to begin with, aren't you always looking for world PvP??? Whenever someone tried to gank my alt, I'd hop on my main and beat them up for hours. They'd invite friends and i'd get a few guildies/arena buddies over and we'd spank them throughout the night. If that isn't your first intent when being encountered by someone higher than you, then maybe you should be playing on a PvE server. Any opportunity of PvP is always something good on a PVP server... if that's something you don't like, well then transfer.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit the ppl who say that if I don't like getting ganked I should switch to PVE Servers... how retarded do you have to be to even think that? Have it never occured to them that there may be various reasons as to why I play on the server that I play on ? Like say, real life friends, a guild that raids at night(00:00 to 03:00/04:00).., ingame friends, community has many ppl from my country, it's a full server, and I like the name of the server...

So unless some1 offers to transfer me, my friends and my entire guild to a pve server, make the AH region-wide, than please shut up and go back to striking your epeen after killing some1 who has no chance of defending and gives no reward...