Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Could you be any more arrogant? Other games punish and discourage players for ganking lower level characters. PvP servers differ depending on what game you play. Take a look at Tera and Age of Conan.
    If you like that model play that game then. Easy fix. Or you know, roll PVE and flag yourself.

I had a great time last week. Some lvl 90 started shit near the Ring of Blood in Zul'drak. My group of 5 all got on our 90's and a huge battle ensued. Its working as intended. What you are doing is complaining about getting wet while running on the beach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its posssible because enough people are fine with it happening. if no one rolled PVP servers, Blizzard would change something, or just not use those types of servers anymore. If you don't like it, leave, instead of trying to take away a mechanic for everyone else. You CAN world PVP on PVE servers. I believe the command is /pvp.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 09:47 PM ----------

If this were true, PVP servers wouldn't exist.
    I know lots of people who play on PvP servers and are pissed off by that. They don't play on PvP servers because they want to be one.shot by higher level characters, they want to do real world PvP. Which is only possible on a PvP server. Why shouldn't we have PvP servers that offer this, without also dragging along the crap that is ganking lowies.

That really sounds like a nice idea, but when you're getting ganked for an hour and are helpless, that is really of no comfort. All it serves is to give players the chance to grief other players until they jizz in their pants. Anybody drawing pleasure from one-shotting low level players must be a potato.
    That is no griefing.

Deleted
    If you like that model play that game then. Easy fix. Or you know, roll PVE and flag yourself.

I had a great time last week. Some lvl 90 started shit near the Ring of Blood in Zul'drak. My group of 5 all got on our 90's and a huge battle ensued. Its working as intended. What you are doing is complaining about getting wet while running on the beach.
    "Play that other game"
    That is even a worse response than "roll on a PvE server".

I do play those games or else I wouldn't be familiar with those systems. Believe it or not, but I like playing WoW, that is why I care about this.

I know lots of people who play on PvP servers and are pissed off by that. They don't play on PvP servers because they want to be one.shot by higher level characters, they want to do real world PvP. Which is only possible on a PvP server. Why shouldn't we have PvP servers that offer this, without also dragging along the crap that is ganking lowies.
    Then leave the pvp server, and run around flagge don a PVE server. EASY FIX.

Deleted
    That is no griefing.
    No. One-shotting low level players for an hour, of course is not griefing, how could it be?

"Play that other game"
    That is even a worse response than "roll on a PvE server".

I do play those games or else I wouldn't be familiar with those systems. Believe it or not, but I like playing WoW, that is why I care about this.
    No its not a bad response. If the grass is SO much greener over there, then be my guess and stand in that grass.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You can not attack players in sanctuaries. You can not attack players in low level zones unless they attack you first. Why does it stop at around level 20? If you attack players in some places, guards will swarm you, even if you accidentally misclick on them. There's a reason for that.
    Weeeell then I guess I'll have to kill the guards too.

No. One-shotting low level players for an hour, of course is not griefing, how could it be?
    Its not. Its 100% part of being on that server. If you don't like it you are free to leave. You have many many many options. I just wish WHINING wasn't one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, OP would have a great time in games like Eve online and AoW

There is not a single good thing this brings and taking away the ability to attack players that are, let's say, more than 5-10 levels below you would not cause any harm to PvP servers.
    Sorry, I have to disagree.

Tbh, that's a big part of a PvP server that I enjoy - the part where you have to constantly 'look over your shoulder'. Yeah, sure - you might just get one shot out of nowhere, but if I'm playing my Rogue, for example, and I can quickly get a blind, Vanish or Sap off and run away as a low level it's hilarious and makes the gankers extremely mad.

But not only is it fun to evade ganking - I also think it teaches you to be a better player. You learn to avoid things you wouldn't normally avoid, you learn to react quick and get out of that situation or die.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-04-20 at 01:59 AM.

Because there's a percentage of the population who enjoys killing helpless people. Heck, even Blizzard has people who enjoy it. That's why they added resilience, you know? So that if you PVP a lot and gain points (Honor, Conquest, and especially rating) you can buy gear with more power, so you can kill people who are helpless against you even better.

It's sickening. If I could go back in time I'd roll on a PVE server. If I had an extra $275.00 or whatever (and a raid spot), I'd transfer my characters to a PVE server. I will never roll on a PVP server again. (and this is from me, who's prior MMORPG was one where I played where everybody was flagged to everybody you weren't in a guild with.)

Deleted
    Then leave the pvp server, and run around flagge don a PVE server. EASY FIX.
    Uhm I want to do PvP?
    Running around flagged on a PvE server doesn't allow me to kill all other players that are in my level range. I don't want to be unable to attack them, and I don't want them to be unable to attack me. I'm merely talking about players where the level difference is so big that no real fight could come of it anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 01:59 AM ----------

No its not a bad response. If the grass is SO much greener over there, then be my guess and stand in that grass.
    Age of Conan is not better, it's worse. I was merely pointing out that there are other concepts of PvP in other games. What the rules on a PvP server are is not set in stone.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-04-20 at 01:59 AM.

That really sounds like a nice idea, but when you're getting ganked for an hour and are helpless, that is really of no comfort. All it serves is to give players the chance to grief other players until they jizz in their pants. Anybody drawing pleasure from one-shotting low level players must be a potato.
    If leveling in a certain zone gets tough because of enemy domination, I recommend starting some quests in the other continent's zone of equal level. Unless there's a guild dedicated to stomping on any player in a level range of 20-58, there's always going to be an alternate path to leveling. In fact, you can even pet-battle to gain XP now, I believe. Not to mention, if there's a jerk dominating one, specific area and he bullies players in that area frequently, it's actually good for building the community of that server because it gives everyone a name to recognize and either hate or adore.
    I also should stress that your characters incur no personal loss from getting killed in PvP other than lost time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Running around flagged on a PvE server doesn't allow me to kill all other players that are in my level range. I don't want to be unable to attack them, and I don't want them to be unable to attack me. I'm merely talking about players where the level difference is so big that no real fight could come of it anyway.
    Again, you have many options. You just don't like them. You're really just saying you want this whole game to bend to how you like it. AGAIN. OBVIOUSLY. SUPPLY AND DEMAND shows us that the majority of players either LIKE or DON'T care about the mechanics of the current pvp servers. You have the option to leave. You have the option to play other games that babysit you more. You can suck it up. you can fly your main around so you can quickly switch and retaliate. You can call your friends and guildies. You can log off. You can log on another toon. You can leave that zone. You flag yourself on a pve sever and promote wpvp there. I'm sorry, but your opinion on this subject is shoddy at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Sorry, I have to disagree.

Tbh, that's a big part of a PvP server that I enjoy - the part where you have to constantly 'look over your shoulder'. Yeah, sure - you might just get one shot out of nowhere, but if I'm playing my Rogue, for example, and I can quickly get a blind, Vanish or Sap off and run away as a low level it's hilarious and makes the gankers extremely mad.

But not only is it fun to evade ganking - I also think it teaches you to be a better player. You learn to avoid things you wouldn't normally avoid, you learn to react quick and get out of that situation or die.
    And I enjoy constantly looking over my shoulder as well, but only if "looking over my shoulder" can do something to help me. That is not the case when there are higher level characters one-shotting me. This is only the case when I'm dealing with players in my level range.

Its just a game, QQ less please

Deleted
    Again, you have many options. You just don't like them. You're really just saying you want this whole game to bend to how you like it. AGAIN. OBVIOUSLY. SUPPLY AND DEMAND shows us that the majority of players either LIKE or DON'T care about the mechanics of the current pvp servers. You have the option to leave. You have the option to play other games that babysit you more. You can suck it up. you can fly your main around so you can quickly switch and retaliate. You can call your friends and guildies. You can log off. You can log on another toon. You can leave that zone. You flag yourself on a pve sever and promote wpvp there. I'm sorry, but your opinion on this subject is shoddy at best.
    I want the game to change in certain aspects, yes. That is what feedback is for. If no one ever did that, we would have the same game now that we had in Vanilla.