Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    War isn't and will never be fair.

Don't play a game based around it and expect to be babysat.
    At least we have PvE servers.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you said, it's a pvp realm, plain simple. Being a low lvl doesn't mean you can not survive. Most of the time you'll just die, but many others you can just go away. I remember surviving a lvl 70 mage with my lvl 40 rogue in BC, my friends summoned me to Ise of Quel'Danas and I had some fun with a mage till he killed me. However I managed to survive him for about 1 minute.
    Then again with other low lvls who can CC... you just double CC and get away.. as a night elf you can simply CC>shadowmeld>moust and get away > point and /lol

In my opinion world pvp is just perfect, in fact we could have even a bit more. Glad to have CRZ.

Deleted
    OP I totally understand you. Everytime I try to level one of my alts I get ganked within 10 minutes and often get corpse-camped. It's very frustrating to see someone enjoy messing up your leveling progress. I detest gankers and don't initiate fights with lower levels myself, but when someone ganks me these days I simply get my main and corpse-camp them for an hour or so, it's the only way to let them know that getting ganked is one of the most annoying things there is in WoW.

This thread is pointless, you are complaining about a topic that was whined to death years ago.

Neither you, nor anyone else here can offer any insight that hasn't already been offered. Your thoughts are not new or interesting.

Bottom line is, some people will agree with you, most won't. The world keeps turning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know what to do when that happens, the question still remains why not actually do something against it? Nobody likes it, and people always complain about it.
    I actually thing it's pretty fun, depending on which end of the fork I'm on.

As to why haven't they done something to stop it? Because that's not how PvP Servers work, it's Player v Player, Not Player v Player of similar levels, or even even number of players v each other, just PvP. I actually think it's not that big of deal, yea it gets annoying if you have someone who doesn't have ANYTHING better to do, and doesn't mind sitting there for hours, but those people are few and far between, so when that does happen, I really don't mind going off and doing something else for a little bit. Please, don't try to take the danger of out PvP servers, if you don't like it, go roll on a carebear server.

Deleted
    If they really cared about pvp they would simply implement a downscaling like gw2 did but that would make the bads rage&quit as there would be noone left they could win against.

Deleted
    Really this again? Stop whining about getting killed by higher level players, its pvp, that means player versus player. Not player 90 against player 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking is a part of PvP servers. Not alot of people like it, but that's how it is. I know by PvP you mean 90 vs 90, but eh..sorry. Not much anyone can do here.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the OP doesn't like ganking low levels or see's no point, doesn't mean it has to be removed. Deal with it and live with it, because this is how it was intended and there are people who love it (including me).

In times of war, even woman and children get murdered without second thought. This is what you basically are, you're still a weak child (or woman whatever you prefer) needing to grow up in a person who's filled with hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The game designers decided that it is OK to appeal to a playerbase that considers wasting another person's time spent to entertainment in a way that may well result with that person to stop playing, at least for a time till the nuisance passes. There certainly is a large enough number of people who enjoy doing this otherwise as many have said, the PVP servers would be all abandoned.
    Of course a counter argument is that a significant number of PvP servers have abysmal Alliance:Horde ratios, making the issue of ganking moot.

My personal opinion is that griefers are truly sad human beings and that ganking is essentially bullying; of course there are many out there who embrace bullying with the argument that it builds character. Still that is not the issue here.

Do note that it is possible, especially with today's means to eliminate all those factors that set players against each other. Phased individual nodes, quests that drop individual quest items for all who loot, shared tags and loot for all mobs, less limitations on raid lockouts (individual boss lockouts or the ability to run a boss multiple times for no loot); these would create a game where the playerbase would not be set up against each other by default (instead the game could well be designed so that players would have more reason to assist each other). Game design CAN guide communities to be inclusive and supportive instead of antagonistic. Blizzard has either failed to take this under consideration or simply intentionally chosen to design the game so that the present community would be created.
    If you want individual everythings, why don't you just play an offline game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    And before the carebears start commenting with their cowpoo definitions of what PVP means or what "real PVP" is, I'd like to say this: It's PLAYER VS PLAYER. Players fighting other players. That's it.
    You realize that every aspect of this game is carebear, right?

Good, just checking.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love killing lowbies. I kill every single one I see...just the same as I kill every 90 I see that isn't in a large enough group to discourage it (and even then I usually kill one and run away). Why should lowbies be special? You're red, you're dead. If I want a laugh and go around stomping a few lowbies waiting for my LFR or BG to pop up, that's what I'll do. Hell I hover around Halfhill looking for anyone (90 or not) and stomp them while waiting for any queue or someone to log over. It's a great way to pass time and instills fear in the opposite faction- you SHOULD be on edge. You should NOT feel safe anywhere. That said...when levelling my hunter a while ago with my mate, the two of us would actively seek out and attack any 90s we saw from 85 up. We killed (and camped) a few of them so they would feel terrible about themselves. It was great fun...the same as it was to kill bad DKs at level 40 when they're at 58 and running around random places. Great fun. If you get ganked, well...that's part of the game too. Ganking is great fun. World PVP is great fun. If you're whinging about getting killed rather than logging your main and killing that person/anyone else in the zone for justice, you're doing it wrong.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

There are many players who wish to fell the constant threat while leveling, as well as the felling of an open world at war.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Such a cry baby. Go back to Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Pretty much the only great post in this thread IMO. Other MMOs get it right and punish the baddie high levels for being bad and not sticking to their tier level of pvp. Like I said before. Only bad players support Blizzard's inept pvp system. And yes, I play on a pvp server and only fight level 90s (anything else is a waste of time and effort).

Compelling world pvp ended with Blizzards lack of creativity towards making and supporting new systems that would refine and keep things relevant. Warhammer, Aion, Tera, and hell, even GW2's fake world pvp systems are all better examples.
    Then be my guest, go play those games and stop trying to ruin PVP servers for everyone else.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    PVP servers did not exist till the cross realm. All pvp servers had the best progression for pve. Crossrealm opened a can of worm, evantually we gonna see the people migrate to pve server. Blizzard is waiting on that for the price of transfer.
    I think you are mistaken. PVP servers were alive and well when I started in 05'.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    right, world PVP doesnt exist at lowbie levels. so why have the option for people to gank? just to please people whose mommies didnt love them enough?
    Funny that you say that. My Guild has the Horde as Kill On Sight, no matter the level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Because there's nothing wrong with it.
    Yes there is, it should be called "honorable kill" for a reason shouldnt it?

You tell me whats honorable killing lowbies as a lvl90, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    So let me propose two scenarios and you tell me which one is better:

1. We have a system where the open world allows for anyone of any level to be killed/camped by anyone else of any level. This system rewards general douche bag behavior and discourages actual pvp between players of similar level. It also has the negative side effect of making it so people don't want to explore the world as they level, opting instead for sitting in cities queued up for BGs or dungeons.

-OR-

2. We have a system where the open world only allows for pvp between players of similar levels. This system discourages general douche bag behavior by forcing higher level players to face lower level players on even footing, while encouraging pvp oriented players to actively seek out other players while they are leveling. It also encourages players to stop sitting in cities and actually get out and quest/explore the world without fear of being ganked and camped by some mongoloid who can't go find people his own level to fight.

If Blizzard fixed it so that high level players couldn't kill low level players, there would be zero negative effect from that. 'Oh noez! Those scrubby arena super star wannabes wouldn't be able to camp the dark portal anymore and kill the 58s on their way to outland!! Oh NOEZ!!!!' Seriously, explain to me how that would be a LOSS in game play and somehow detract from the overall experience of pvp. I'm sorry, but there is zero good reason for a level 90 player to be able to engage anyone more than 10 levels below him.

Zero.

So what servers to players have to roll on if they are interested in engaging in pvp against players their own level? If I roll a pve server, I can't pvp against anyone because that's where carebears who don't like pvp go. If I to a pvp server I can't pvp because I just get camped by some asshat level 90 who doesn't understand what a fair fight is.

Where is the middle ground?
    There doesn't need to be a middle ground change. The middle ground is PVE servers. You can /pvp anytime you want. This means you can wait until you are 90 and /pvp every where you go.

Also they have BG's for people who love pvping people of their level. Just switch servers, it will be a win-win for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Yes there is, it should be called "honorable kill" for a reason shouldnt it?

You tell me whats honorable killing lowbies as a lvl90, go ahead.
    it has nothing to do with being honorable.

its a red name on a pvp server, so i will kill it 100% of the time.