Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    This is incorrect. Your first option, "I don't want to PvP out in the world", and your third, "I want to engage only players my level out in the world because I want a challenging and fair fight", those are both PvE servers.
    No, this is not correct. If I roll on a pvp server and I step foot out in the world for any reason, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. If I roll on a pve server, and I step foot out in the world for any reason, and decide to flag myself, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. There is no middle ground in this game where I can engage in world pvp with only players my level and not have to worry about getting ganked by some asshat level 90. EVEN ON PVE SERVERS YOU STILL GET GANKED BY 90S IN WORLD PVP.

    You should roll one sometime so you can be informed.

    As someone who leveled up plenty during Vanilla, the only bit you're correct about is the "flying around" part. They just rode around on epic mounts that were way faster than any ground mount a non-60 could have, looking for lowbies to one-shot. Which they absolutely could, unless you were closer in level, like a group of level 48s or some such.
    So what you're saying is that when the game launched, everyone was already level 60? There was no period of time where players had to level and were on fairly equal footing in terms of gear and skill? Are you sure you're talking about Wow? Because the Wow I played it was months before being level 60 was a common thing, and it was many more months before it was common for level 60s to be wearing gear that was capable of one shotting lowbies.

    From that perspective, where everyone was a leveling noob in greens and blues, it most certainly wasn't 'world of gank craft' and as a result, the current pvp rules were created.

    Except, there is no problem. If you don't want to get ganked, switch to a pve server. That would fix all your problems.
    People don't roll on a pvp server because they want to get ganked. They roll on a pvp server because they want to pvp out in the world against other people their level. That is the ONLY reason anyone has ever rolled on a pvp server. The possibility of getting ganked because your outnumbered is fine and dandy. The possbility of getting ganked because someone has 100x the HP as you do is NOT fine and dandy.

    Switching to a pvp server will not give me the ability to engage in world pvp and NOT get ganked by someone with 100x my HP. What you're talking about, this middle ground where players can actually enjoy world pvp, DOES NOT EXIST IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MYSELF AND OTHER PLAYERS WANT THAT TO CHANGE. You don't have to agree with what we want, and you don't have to participate in this discussion.

    Nothing you have said thus far in the discussion amounts to a good reason or argument against anything we've said, and you're just wasting your own time at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  2. #322
    Scarab Lord Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i gank lvl 90s all the time

    do you know how many people look at the state of pvp and say "fuck it i want no part of that bullshit" but are still stuck dragonslaying on a pvp server?

    i think that it would be a great idea
    I don't think it would solve any of the OPs problems at all. People that whine about getting ganked would likely still do so. People, especially entitled gamers, have a huge problem with losing NO MATTER WHAT. If its not level imbalance, its gear imbalance, if not that, its class imbalance, if not that, its lag, or cheats or something.

    Sore losers will still be sore losers. People that think ganking is a form of bullying, will still always see themselves as the victims. This is why I think it'd be better for everyone if they just moved servers, or rolled new toons on pve servers. Personally I am 100% fine with being ganked. I enjoy the Horde vs Alliance conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  3. #323
    The difference between ganking someone at the same level and ganking someone at a lower level (at least these days) is that someone at the same level has a realistic chance to fight back, especially once the resilience change kicks in. The element of risk for the attacker is not zero; same-level ganking is an entirely different beast to low-level ganking.

    It's not unrealistic at all to be okay with same-level ganking and not okay with low-level ganking, and this presents the issue of the two not being seperable. I think that there's a case to be made that maybe that should change.

  4. #324
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I know what to do when that happens, the question still remains why not actually do something against it? Nobody likes it, and people always complain about it.
    You don't speak for everyone. And people complain about everything, that doesn't indicate anything frankly.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  5. #325
    Scarab Lord Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    People don't roll on a pvp server because they want to get ganked. They roll on a pvp server because they want to pvp out in the world against other people their level. That is the ONLY reason anyone has ever rolled on a pvp server. The possibility of getting ganked because your outnumbered is fine and dandy. The possbility of getting ganked because someone has 100x the HP as you do is NOT fine and dandy.

    Switching to a pvp server will not give me the ability to engage in world pvp and NOT get ganked by someone with 100x my HP. What you're talking about, this middle ground where players can actually enjoy world pvp, DOES NOT EXIST IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MYSELF AND OTHER PLAYERS WANT THAT TO CHANGE. You don't have to agree with what we want, and you don't have to participate in this discussion.

    Nothing you have said thus far in the discussion amounts to a good reason or argument against anything we've said, and you're just wasting your own time at this point.
    Yes, yes it will. if you see a high level, or start getting ganked by one, you can unflag yourself on a pve server. Problem solved.

    I will participate in this whinefest, because you are trying to take away something from me and others instead of switching servers to something more appropriate to yourself. Everything I have said is fine an legitimate, you just don't like it. Implying that I should leave because you literally have nothing good to say besides stomping your feet doesn't mean you win the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  6. #326
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,120
    I agree with the OP ... make players untargetable by other players that have their level shown as a skull... and there problem fixed... I also really hate it when I'm minding my own business and a rogue that is similar to my lvl attacks me, I kill him and then he comes with a lvl 90 or w/e buddy to "teach me a lesson"... or when I'm having fun doing some skirmishes with other hordes and having some random 90 flying above me and killing me during my fight, or minding my business mining some ores, skinning some mobs and all of a sudden some asshole comes on his 310% flying speed mount and 1hits me(how do you avoid that pls explain it to me?)

    ... avoiding ganking may have worked in vanilla but right now it's impossible ... especially before cata lvls ... because every class can 1 hit u ... even healers ...

  7. #327
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    17,906
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Again. Per zone level and gear scaling.

    Problem not solved, but largely dealt with. The bads who claim that pvp is supposed to be 'dangerous' (lmao) will still have that element, and low levels will have a step towards parity.
    What "problem" does this "fix"? Ganking isn't a problem, it's intended and desired gameplay. If you don't like it, there's a whole server class designed for your predilections; PvE servers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    No, this is not correct. If I roll on a pvp server and I step foot out in the world for any reason, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. If I roll on a pve server, and I step foot out in the world for any reason, and decide to flag myself, someone can come along and gank me. Anyone, of any level. There is no middle ground in this game where I can engage in world pvp with only players my level and not have to worry about getting ganked by some asshat level 90. EVEN ON PVE SERVERS YOU STILL GET GANKED BY 90S IN WORLD PVP.
    And all you have to do is un-toggle PvP and wait out the timer, and go about your day. If you flag yourself for PvP, you've made yourself available to anyone. If you only want to fight people within a certain level range, that's what Battlegrounds are for.

    So what you're saying is that when the game launched, everyone was already level 60? There was no period of time where players had to level and were on fairly equal footing in terms of gear and skill? Are you sure you're talking about Wow? Because the Wow I played it was months before being level 60 was a common thing, and it was many more months before it was common for level 60s to be wearing gear that was capable of one shotting lowbies.
    Straw man, since the game quickly stratified into people of various levels, and you don't need to be at the level cap to gank. A level 40 can gank a level 20 just fine.

    People don't roll on a pvp server because they want to get ganked. They roll on a pvp server because they want to pvp out in the world against other people their level. That is the ONLY reason anyone has ever rolled on a pvp server.
    False. You're simply projecting your own preferences on the community. I, for instance, did roll on a PvP server for precisely the purpose of being ganked. It adds an extra threat to the leveling process, an extra challenge, and I enjoy that challenge. And that proves your entire argument, here, to be false. You do not speak for everyone.

    Switching to a pvp server will not give me the ability to engage in world pvp and NOT get ganked by someone with 100x my HP. What you're talking about, this middle ground where players can actually enjoy world pvp, DOES NOT EXIST IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MYSELF AND OTHER PLAYERS WANT THAT TO CHANGE. You don't have to agree with what we want, and you don't have to participate in this discussion.
    I enjoy world PvP, and have enjoyed it since Vanilla. MoP is the best it's been, in my opinion. If you don't want to get ganked, don't flag for PvP, and don't play on PvP servers. There's plenty of PvP opportunities outside that. You don't need to campaign to try and change PvP servers from the ruleset that has existed, essentially without change, since Vanilla. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of players who enjoy those servers as they are. You do not speak for us. We chose these servers for a host of reasons. If you don't like them, you don't have to play on them.

  8. #328
    Beacuse the lowlife's who cant play the game on even terms need to be catered as well, since they aparently is a majority blizzard has to look towards those poor souls as well.
    twitch.tv/draahl - Watch me suck at virtually every game!

  9. #329
    Pit Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,375
    Just get on your main and slaughter them... if you're on a PvP server to begin with, aren't you always looking for world PvP??? Whenever someone tried to gank my alt, I'd hop on my main and beat them up for hours. They'd invite friends and i'd get a few guildies/arena buddies over and we'd spank them throughout the night. If that isn't your first intent when being encountered by someone higher than you, then maybe you should be playing on a PvE server. Any opportunity of PvP is always something good on a PVP server... if that's something you don't like, well then transfer.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  10. #330
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,120
    holy shit the ppl who say that if I don't like getting ganked I should switch to PVE Servers... how retarded do you have to be to even think that? Have it never occured to them that there may be various reasons as to why I play on the server that I play on ? Like say, real life friends, a guild that raids at night(00:00 to 03:00/04:00).., ingame friends, community has many ppl from my country, it's a full server, and I like the name of the server...

    So unless some1 offers to transfer me, my friends and my entire guild to a pve server, make the AH region-wide, than please shut up and go back to striking your epeen after killing some1 who has no chance of defending and gives no reward...

  11. #331
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    17,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    holy shit the ppl who say that if I don't like getting ganked I should switch to PVE Servers... how retarded do you have to be to even think that? Have it never occured to them that there may be various reasons as to why I play on the server that I play on ? Like say, real life friends, a guild that raids at night(00:00 to 03:00/04:00).., ingame friends, community has many ppl from my country, it's a full server, and I like the name of the server...
    None of those in any remote way even suggests that the PvP ruleset is in any way flawed. It only points out that you made an uninformed choice of server. You may have had other reasons to pick it, but if the ruleset is a sticking point, you should have factored that in before you made your decision. You don't get to complain about the consequences of your free choice.

    It's like complaining that the barbeque joint near your house doesn't have any vegan options to suit your preferences and you don't want to walk the extra block to the vegan restaurant down the street. You picked the restaurant. If you had no clue what it served, that's YOUR fault.

  12. #332
    Scarab Lord Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    holy shit the ppl who say that if I don't like getting ganked I should switch to PVE Servers... how retarded do you have to be to even think that? Have it never occured to them that there may be various reasons as to why I play on the server that I play on ? Like say, real life friends, a guild that raids at night(00:00 to 03:00/04:00).., ingame friends, community has many ppl from my country, it's a full server, and I like the name of the server...

    So unless some1 offers to transfer me, my friends and my entire guild to a pve server, make the AH region-wide, than please shut up and go back to striking your epeen after killing some1 who has no chance of defending and gives no reward...
    No, I will not do any of that. If you value your friends and cute server name over having a safe boring leveling experience, then that is your prerogative. But you are trying to take freedoms away from me, take mechanics away from me just because you can't be an adult and cope.

    There are plenty of options around leveling in places like STV. You can go to different zones, you can level in dungeons or BGs ( you know, a place for pvp with level brackets) you can wait until they leave, you can get your friends and mains and destroy them, you can log out for awhile.

    So how would that be fair to the many people in this thread? You already have tons of options around ganking. What you are telling us is pretty much 'tough luck'.... well I say you should eat your words. If you don't like being ganked, be an adult and deal with it, cope, or use your brain and find a way around that. SOMEHOW I have managed to level many a toon from the beginning on both factions as various races without crying myself to sleep pretending I got bullied when someone killed me in a WAR GAME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    It's all a part of a cycle really. Everyone endures it while they are leveling. Then you can torment the opposing faction yourself.

    Why should you not kill players of the opposing factions regardless? Your factions are at war. The weak are never spared in wars.

    I will always kill players of the opposing faction when I feel like it, or at least try. Their level doesn't matter, only their tears.

  14. #334
    I really don't see the problem. You knew what you were signing up for, and if you didn't, that's your own fault. The system doesn't need to change because you're unhappy with your decision.

    World PvP is not, and never was, meant to be balanced and fair. That's the whole point. There are several other ways to take part in structured, "fair" PvP. Stop trying to change the one way that isn't.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Again. Per zone level and gear scaling.

    Problem not solved, but largely dealt with. The bads who claim that pvp is supposed to be 'dangerous' (lmao) will still have that element, and low levels will have a step towards parity.
    The more Blizzard changes the system, the more the players will game the system. This cycle will continue until Blizzard has to actively enforce a 'fair PVP environment', at which the general concept of the world being a threat is gone and it is no longer fun to be on a PVP server. Players will then move on to a game where you can PVP freely without 'bullshit restrictions'. The charm of PVP is the lack of rules or restrictions. You're neither encouraged nor punished for killing people of any level. It's purely in the hands of the players it's what people want out of PVP.

    If you want 'fair PVP', then play Guild Wars 2. WvW is exactly that and you'll see there are both merits and flaws to a system where players are on equal footing. The challenge and fun is present, but you no longer feel like a badass. And face it, when it comes to PVP, everyone wants to feel like a badass.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-04-22 at 07:43 AM.

  16. #336
    ganking is something that excist in wow since day 1.
    nothing wrong with it.
    yes i got ganked -_- but i also ganked others, tho i must say with the coming with CRZ the odds to be ganked is much much higher then ever before.

    when i leveled my lock due this CRZ ganking i just leveled inside dungeons, and queue's werent that much long. and bg's can be also fun.

    from my own XP from lvl 50ish to lvl 70 ish is the worst.
    in wrath zones i hardly got ganked, and in cata zones not even once!
    doing vashj from start to finish also helps, gankers do not visit this place.

    just hold on when you past tbc zones it is back to normal

  17. #337
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fallen from Heaven
    Posts
    4,465
    As usually seems to happen in these types of threads, instead of a constructive discussion we get pages and pages of circular argument with flaming, trolling and insults. It's gone on long enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •