Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    holy shit the ppl who say that if I don't like getting ganked I should switch to PVE Servers... how retarded do you have to be to even think that? Have it never occured to them that there may be various reasons as to why I play on the server that I play on ? Like say, real life friends, a guild that raids at night(00:00 to 03:00/04:00).., ingame friends, community has many ppl from my country, it's a full server, and I like the name of the server...
    None of those in any remote way even suggests that the PvP ruleset is in any way flawed. It only points out that you made an uninformed choice of server. You may have had other reasons to pick it, but if the ruleset is a sticking point, you should have factored that in before you made your decision. You don't get to complain about the consequences of your free choice.

It's like complaining that the barbeque joint near your house doesn't have any vegan options to suit your preferences and you don't want to walk the extra block to the vegan restaurant down the street. You picked the restaurant. If you had no clue what it served, that's YOUR fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    holy shit the ppl who say that if I don't like getting ganked I should switch to PVE Servers... how retarded do you have to be to even think that? Have it never occured to them that there may be various reasons as to why I play on the server that I play on ? Like say, real life friends, a guild that raids at night(00:00 to 03:00/04:00).., ingame friends, community has many ppl from my country, it's a full server, and I like the name of the server...

So unless some1 offers to transfer me, my friends and my entire guild to a pve server, make the AH region-wide, than please shut up and go back to striking your epeen after killing some1 who has no chance of defending and gives no reward...
    No, I will not do any of that. If you value your friends and cute server name over having a safe boring leveling experience, then that is your prerogative. But you are trying to take freedoms away from me, take mechanics away from me just because you can't be an adult and cope.

There are plenty of options around leveling in places like STV. You can go to different zones, you can level in dungeons or BGs ( you know, a place for pvp with level brackets) you can wait until they leave, you can get your friends and mains and destroy them, you can log out for awhile.

So how would that be fair to the many people in this thread? You already have tons of options around ganking. What you are telling us is pretty much 'tough luck'.... well I say you should eat your words. If you don't like being ganked, be an adult and deal with it, cope, or use your brain and find a way around that. SOMEHOW I have managed to level many a toon from the beginning on both factions as various races without crying myself to sleep pretending I got bullied when someone killed me in a WAR GAME.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why is it part of a PvP server? Because it's possible. Because that's the rule on that type of server. But the question is, why is this possible. Is there some kind of universal rulebook that tells us that on servers that are called PvP they should encourage and allow griefing? You can do PvP on PvE servers, and even on PvP servers there are zones where you can't, or where there are guards that punish players-
    It's all a part of a cycle really. Everyone endures it while they are leveling. Then you can torment the opposing faction yourself.

Why should you not kill players of the opposing factions regardless? Your factions are at war. The weak are never spared in wars.

I will always kill players of the opposing faction when I feel like it, or at least try. Their level doesn't matter, only their tears.

I really don't see the problem. You knew what you were signing up for, and if you didn't, that's your own fault. The system doesn't need to change because you're unhappy with your decision.

World PvP is not, and never was, meant to be balanced and fair. That's the whole point. There are several other ways to take part in structured, "fair" PvP. Stop trying to change the one way that isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Again. Per zone level and gear scaling.

Problem not solved, but largely dealt with. The bads who claim that pvp is supposed to be 'dangerous' (lmao) will still have that element, and low levels will have a step towards parity.
    The more Blizzard changes the system, the more the players will game the system. This cycle will continue until Blizzard has to actively enforce a 'fair PVP environment', at which the general concept of the world being a threat is gone and it is no longer fun to be on a PVP server. Players will then move on to a game where you can PVP freely without 'bullshit restrictions'. The charm of PVP is the lack of rules or restrictions. You're neither encouraged nor punished for killing people of any level. It's purely in the hands of the players it's what people want out of PVP.

If you want 'fair PVP', then play Guild Wars 2. WvW is exactly that and you'll see there are both merits and flaws to a system where players are on equal footing. The challenge and fun is present, but you no longer feel like a badass. And face it, when it comes to PVP, everyone wants to feel like a badass.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-04-22 at 07:43 AM.

ganking is something that excist in wow since day 1.
    nothing wrong with it.
    yes i got ganked -_- but i also ganked others, tho i must say with the coming with CRZ the odds to be ganked is much much higher then ever before.

when i leveled my lock due this CRZ ganking i just leveled inside dungeons, and queue's werent that much long. and bg's can be also fun.

from my own XP from lvl 50ish to lvl 70 ish is the worst.
    in wrath zones i hardly got ganked, and in cata zones not even once!
    doing vashj from start to finish also helps, gankers do not visit this place.

just hold on when you past tbc zones it is back to normal

10+ Year Old Account
    As usually seems to happen in these types of threads, instead of a constructive discussion we get pages and pages of circular argument with flaming, trolling and insults. It's gone on long enough.