Thread: Shadowcraft....

Shadowcraft....

I'm slightly confused with shadowcraft atm... When I load my character and auto reforge its telling me I should reforge everything into crit as assassination?? thoughts???

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vverz/advanced

Thoughts? Perfectly possible. Why would it be wrong? Your crit is pretty low so that's why it's suggesting to reforge your (non mastery reforgable pieces) into crit. Don't reforge all of it though, Shadowcraft doesn't calculate a break even point when suggesting reforges and if you'd reforge all to crit and then do another reforge query it would probably suggest you to reforge out of it all, so reforge piece by piece.

Ya, but its wanting me to reforge it out of my haste.... which is point blank stupid because of my bad mojo trinket...

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Ya, but its wanting me to reforge it out of my haste.... which is point blank stupid because of my bad mojo trinket...
    Considering most of your gear pieces feature some combination of haste and XXXX, it makes sense that Shadowcraft is seeking to balance your secondary stats (i.e. crit, haste, mastery) away from haste, since these secondary stats derive their values from each other and therefore fluctuate in value as you gain more of one stat over another. The suggestion to reforge piece by piece is an interesting one though... Is that the best way of going about it? Typically I click the auto-reforge button until I see it stabilize, then reforge to the option that makes more sense to me. (In other words, I'm lazy!) As is, if you follow SC's suggestion to reforge to crit, then follow the next auto-reforge suggestion, it'll revert half of that stuff back to haste! Either way, it's an estimated dps gain of around 150, so it won't hurt you terribly if you choose to forgo the reforge altogether if you don't think it'll fit your playstyle. As for the relationship of haste and trinkets, I was under the impression that Assassination can shoot for high haste once it has TWO RPPM trinkets?

Shadowcraft acts VERY wonky with Assassination when your ilvl is below 522. I have similar problems on my character (Carp on Ravenholdt-US) whenever I play Assassination as well; When I first log in, it says I should want Haste/Crit over Mastery, then when I hit reforge it swaps the priorities back to Mastery/Crit for the next time I hit reforge.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Shadowcraft acts VERY wonky with Assassination when your ilvl is below 522. I have similar problems on my character (Carp on Ravenholdt-US) whenever I play Assassination as well; When I first log in, it says I should want Haste/Crit over Mastery, then when I hit reforge it swaps the priorities back to Mastery/Crit for the next time I hit reforge.
    You have the Rune of Re-Origination, it has some 'interesting' effects on EP values.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    If your Bad Juju was responsible for a HUGE amount of your damage, this would make sense. Haste doesn't consistently overtake crit or fight mastery until 2/3 RPPM options (trinket/trinket/meta) for any profile I've seen. That just isn't the case, and as others explained above, you're not losing any mastery to make this happen. In your build, getting "some" more crit than your current setup is more valuable.

Well I just checked it again and now its back to normal... Funny... no more asking me to reforge crit... same gear

When I try to reforge my gear Shadowcraft also is telling me to reforge for crit and I think it has right. :-)

Hit Cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste for me(Eazye-EU) is the best right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Back to normal" doesn't sound quite right. You're at the point (according to ShC) where crit and haste swap priorities between reforging schemes; the one yielding higher DPS IS the one reforging into crit (up to just over 3000), but since haste is then ahead, reforging again through ShC will bring haste up - at a DPS loss - and bring crit over haste. Reforging from THAT profile reforges back into crit, and places haste over crit again, as a DPS gain. Of course, we're talking about all of 82 DPS, but I'm not sure why that seems "wrong".

Since you've reforged crit and have that loaded when it opens, you're looking at haste>crit for incoming stats, but they're still neck in neck.

I didn't get haste reforge suggestions until I got my meta and 2 RPPM Trinkets.

As with all reforge calc, make sure you have it run a few times in succession. The first result isn't always ideal.

When you get close to a breakpoint like that, you may need to manually adjust your reforging until both haste and crit have the same EP value (that is the point that dps will be at a maximum). Just don't manually reforge to yield a net loss in mastery. Basically ignore any reforging involving hit and mastery and only change reforges from haste to crit or vice versa.

One thing I also noticed, was before I socketed yellow with pure mastery gems and I was over 10500 mastery, I then reverted to the agi mastery gems and put solid agi gems in my weapons and saw a dps loss... I thought agi has a higher ep value now.

When I load your character on to shadowcraft it has Agi > Mastery > Crit. Which is expected since you have so much more haste than crit.

Nothing to see here.