Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Monsters not yet used by Blizzard in Wow

Heres a fun little game to test your knowledge of the Warcraft Bestiary and your own knowledge of Movie, Mythology and otherwise like monsters.

Name a real monster in mythology, movies or otherwise that has not been used in Wow yet and post its name and source.

Here’s a few:
    Giant Venus Fly trap Plant – Little Shop of Horrors
    Evil Puppet/Mannequin (Held together by strings) – Twilight Zone
    Tree that attacks by crushing with its roots or branches (Non Bipedal) – Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
    Grim Reaper with Scythe – Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (lack of a better reference)
    Kappa – Old Japanese myth
    Shape shifter (morphs into other humanoids - non druid) – Just a common theme
    Megalodon: Pre-historic Shark - ("Megalodon" 2002) Also real creature
    Godzilla – Godzilla (1954)
    Disembodied Body parts - Evil Dead 2
    Evil Painting: Ghostbusters 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Giant Venus Fly trap Plant – Little Shop of Horrors
    There are several giant venus flytraps in the goblin starting zone

Grim Reaper with Scythe – Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (lack of a better reference)
    The grim reapers a pretty common theme...

Shape shifter (morphs into other humanoids - non druid) – Just a common theme
    Lots of demons shapeshift

Megalodon: Pre-historic Shark - ("Megalodon" 2002) Also real creature
    there are lots of giant sharks in WoW

Godzilla – Godzilla (1954)
    While not physically similar, Gahz'rilla is a pretty safe bet to be a reference

Evil Painting: Ghostbusters 2
    While I guess not technically evil, the eyes of the paintings in new scholomance follow you

Anyway... let's see...

Bunyip- Australian myth

Moose- Seriously, GC.

Dilophosaurus- specifically, the pop-culture "spitting" ones from Jurassic Park. 5.2 would have been a great place to stick those in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

-Wendigo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo (North American zombie like creature)

-Chimaera, in the traditonal greek sense, head of a lion, head of a goat, with a serpent like tail with another head at the end.

-Cerberus, 3 headed dog that breaths fire.

-Manticore, body of a lion, face of a man, dragonlike wings.
    And similary the Sphinx.

-Cockatrice, hybrid of lizard, cock, and bat. It is infamous for its ability to turn flesh to stone.

-Djinni/Efreeti/Dao, variations of genie. Usually found, as one would expect, inside a lamp or bottle.

-Rakshasha, humanoid with a tiger like head, shapeshifting spell caster
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    Cerberus.. i think?
    Corehound in azuremyst

Bunyip- Australian myth
    Druid swim form?

Moose- Seriously, GC.
    Lol. closest thing are those pretty stags, milling around pandaria.

Dilophosaurus- specifically, the pop-culture "spitting" ones from Jurassic Park. 5.2 would have been a great place to stick those in.
    Agreed, the Isle of Giants, could been a bit more interesting. If only those water dragon sauroks had a poison spit.

Evil Puppet/Mannequin (Held together by strings) – Twilight Zone
    Evil puppets, seen in the Queen Azshara fight.

Disembodied Body parts - Evil Dead 2
    Crawling hand pet

---------------------------------------------------------
    Welp Guess my turn to name a few movie creatures.

Graboids.-Tremors

Mogwai- Gremlins

Critters- old cheesy 80's movie, with the same name.

Chestbursters - Alien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    -Wendigo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo (North American zombie like creature)
    here

What about Facedancers from Dune? Engineered genderless beings that can mimic a person. Thousands of years later, there were ones so good that they would forget that they were Facedancers and be stuck as who they mimicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    What about Facedancers from Dune? Engineered genderless beings that can mimic a person. Thousands of years later, there were ones so good that they would forget that they were Facedancers and be stuck as who they mimicked.
    Think Druids of the Claw from Warcraft 3 would be closest to them. In the campaign, you go wake them up from their slumber, only to find that they have been in bear form so long, they had become feral. Furion uses his horn to restore their sanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    here
    and there

and

also, as far as Djinns are concerned

id love to see a race of bird people or maybe a race of taheen, people with animal heads

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id love to see a race of bird people or maybe a race of taheen, people with animal heads

Wow is kinda full of people with animal heads (although not literally since they have an animal body too), the one that i don't see happening in wow from your picture would definitely be the dog one.

Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    Wow is kinda full of people with animal heads (although not literally since they have an animal body too), the one that i don't see happening in wow from your picture would definitely be the dog one.
    yeah but i mean like, a race that could have all of them, for example if they were playable you could havea dog head, or a bird head, or a cat head, or a pig head ect ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    yeah but i mean like, a race that could have all of them, for example if they were playable you could havea dog head, or a bird head, or a cat head, or a pig head ect ect
    Oh i see, I know whay you mean now. Don't really know how it would fit into wow's lore, but anything is possible (especially in wow's lore).

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    -Manticore, body of a lion, face of a man, dragonlike wings.
    And similary the Sphinx.

-Djinni/Efreeti/Dao, variations of genie. Usually found, as one would expect, inside a lamp or bottle.
    Both can be found in cata. Uldum specifically.

We're missing Edward cullens. The sparkly kind
    Last edited by knumskul; 2013-04-20 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    We haven't had that many evil female races in wow except harpies and succubi and almost every female boss we fought is a playable race.

All I've gotten from this thread is that no matter what you suggest, WoW has already done it in some form. Which is kinda cool, but also makes you realise just how much of a difficult job Blizzard has sometimes.

the Arroka say high

Needs more Langoliers.

All others have been used.

I thought this was more of a thread of monsters that have been created in concept art but not implemented/modeled(yet) when I first read the title. Shame.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet: Unicorns, unless I am forgetting something there are NO unicorns in WoW. Also we suffer from a distinct lack of pixies, we've got faerie dragons but no faeries? No Incubi either, which is really weird since there are succubi.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2013-04-20 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.