10+ Year Old Account

Purchasing rift, 3 quick questions

After playing the trial it seems like a nice traditional mmo.

The transition from wow is a little confusing to me with some of the rift activities and such and im not use to the soul system yet but I love the idea of it.

I was perma banned from wow and havent played for over 2 months due to selling arena carries and such.

Im interested in end game pvp and raiding in this game

How long will it take me to gear up and have a viable set of gear for pvp. How big is the gear gap for fresh level 60's?

What is the most active server in this game?

And unrelated, can anyone link me some videos of someones mount collection? I cant seem to find anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    After playing the trial it seems like a nice traditional mmo.

The transition from wow is a little confusing to me with some of the rift activities and such and im not use to the soul system yet but I love the idea of it.

I was perma banned from wow and havent played for over 2 months due to selling arena carries and such.

Im interested in end game pvp and raiding in this game

How long will it take me to gear up and have a viable set of gear for pvp. How big is the gear gap for fresh level 60's?

What is the most active server in this game?

And unrelated, can anyone link me some videos of someones mount collection? I cant seem to find anything like it.
    Raiding is the best. Think BC. PVP is the worst. You can not seriously pvp there. It is not just a huge grind, but due to so many talents and specs it is unbalanced. But can be enjoyed if played casually. Played seriously you gonna have hemorrage on the brain.

There are multiple tiers of raid, and each tier needs to be done before progressing, expansion resets tier so you are not going to be very behind. Due to design, all guilds do older tiers. there are 10 and 20 man distinct raid (not different version of same raid). 10 is for casuals and 20 for hardcore and midcore (rewards same ilvel)

PVP is pretty well ignored except for lulz. And the grind is huge in PVP.

Rift is heavily, heavily PVE focused.

PVE is on the whole; very well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick answers, maybe focusing on pve in Rift would be a good idea then. The trial is pretty fun so far, playing defiant blue elf looking dude atm. Sorry forgot the name haha.

So whats a pretty active server, but not overpopulated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Thanks for the quick answers, maybe focusing on pve in Rift would be a good idea then. The trial is pretty fun so far, playing defiant blue elf looking dude atm. Sorry forgot the name haha.

So whats a pretty active server, but not overpopulated?

Look at this link at the times you play most. Deepwood and Wolfsbane are the busiest US servers.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

A few friends are going to get back into Rift and i'm thinking about joining them. I see somehow i have 3 free days of gametime so I was going to reinstall and check it out. I dont see my Shard on the above list of available ones, does that mean my characters were deleted or do I get to pick a new one from the existing shards when I log in?

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    A few friends are going to get back into Rift and i'm thinking about joining them. I see somehow i have 3 free days of gametime so I was going to reinstall and check it out. I dont see my Shard on the above list of available ones, does that mean my characters were deleted or do I get to pick a new one from the existing shards when I log in?
    Your characters are still there. When you log in, you will see Server Name (trial only) and then you move your characters to whatever server you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    Probably just moved to another shard - I doubt they deleted them.