Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    No you didn't but nice story, and on the slim chance you did. Grats, you are the third lowest form of a human being.
    As for keying: I don't really condone it, but if you're close enough to me that I can't get in without my car door touching yours, I'm not going to become a contortionist and/or crush my own fingers to keep it from touching yours. If it scratches, don't park so fucking close next time.

And yeah, it could have been someone else's fault, but park elsewhere if you see that issue arise. I am not going to feel bad for trying to get into my own car when my door isn't even leaving my own space.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where I live parallel parking is not a part of the driving test. As a result, I never learned how to do it during driving school. I only learned to do it a few years later out of necessity, when I moved to a larger urban area that required parallel parking.

I now own a Ford Focus that has parking assist. I've only used it a few times though. It just feels way too weird to have the car drive on its own. This is a demo of it:

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    As for keying: I don't really condone it, but if you're close enough to me that I can't get in without my car door touching yours, I'm not going to become a contortionist and/or crush my own fingers to keep it from touching yours. If it scratches, don't park so fucking close next time.

And yeah, it could have been someone else's fault, but park elsewhere if you see that issue arise. I am not going to feel bad for trying to get into my own car when my door isn't even leaving my own space.

I understand people park to close, and yes sometimes dings or shit happens. But going out the way like this person supposedly did, is way out of line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8 Mr. John Travolta put it best.

Deleted
    these types of people shouldn't have a license at all LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    I remembered this topic from a week ago, and today I managed to capture a twat parking job on camera! It's not the first time I've seen it of course, but I never thought to take a photo of it, but I did today!

Blurred out the license plate purely because it turned out it was an old couples car, none the less, if you can't see 2 fucking white lines and park in between them, you shouldn't be driving.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-04-27 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution :

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

parking is hard man, i dunno adadada

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to complain about "bad" parkers until I experienced the stuff that cause people to "park bad". Spaces that are too narrow, having to adjust your parking because of another bad parker, haven't to "park bad" to make sure you can actually leave when you're ready to leave or someone will block you in.

Psychology 101 is to think about the circumstances that caused someone to do something before you judge them for doing it.

I've seen people complain about "bad parking" on the internet when it was just some guy in a big truck that double parked but obviously in the ass in of the parking lot where nobody was going to park anyway. Or the person who double parked because someone 5 cars double parked. Or the person who double parked because the parking spaces are unrealistically small.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2015-09-25 at 04:06 AM.

Arise thread, rise!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gahdamn. In my drunken rant I just realized that this was an old thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Gahdamn. In my drunken rant I just realized that this was an old thread.
    Nah, is cool. It was a good post, anyway
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So it's one of my pet peeves I'm not gonna lie. It's the simplest thing in the world, put this highly maneuverable vehicle in between 2 solid lines.

A skill which you in fact had to test for before you were granted your license.

And still it seems the vast majority of the people who's cars you see in parking lots can not get this simple thing down.

SO.

For my own sanity I'll be starting a blog called Morons Who Can't Park a Car. Where I take a snapshot of peoples terrible parking jobs. What I'd like to know, is what is it not ok to post? I think it's a foregone conclusion that I should blot out license plates. Is there anything else I need to be cautious of, other than having one of the people who's shamed see the blog, I'm ok with that.
    Except the problem with that idea is that if one person parks slightly over the line, and then the next guy parks in the lines then you lose an entire parking space, possibly more. I mean often times here there's ice pack covering the lines so you can't tell where they are in the winter, and the douches are the ones who park where the lines would be, despite the fact that the parked cars are slightly offset from it.

It's almost like the world isn't black and white and peoples pathetic worship of authority (in this case the authority of the magical yellow line gods) isn't all it's cracked up to be all the time.

Sometimes there's blatant douchebaggery... sometimes It starts with a slight offset and gets worse, and then the guy who parked last also leaves last, so they look like a huge douche, when all they did was try to conserve space by following the pack...

But one thing is for sure.. 100% of the time, there's spaces farther away from the doors that I always park in because I'm not a lazy fuck that would rather waste his time blogging about how much better at parking I am, than maybe burn an extra snickers worth of calories and 20 extra seconds walking from the far spaces to avoid all of this bullshit in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Good call. Yea it's bad down here in florida. People just do not care for shit. In my starting collection I have a picture of a guy who managed to park a prius in such a way that he took up all 3 corner parking spots.
    How can you have problems parking with the size of the parking lots you have over there?
    They have four times the area of European ones or something ^^

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Well, photos like this are always a little tricky, since you cannot know how the situation looked like when they parked. There might have been huge cars taking more than one spot, or it was a complete row of "wrong" parkers. And what now looks like some asshole parking, was instead the opposite, as it allowed a (smaller) car to park beside them instead of blocking off three parking spaces with two cars.
    Not that I say that's true here (since you said you know them), but generally speaking.

My girlfriend can't park.

It's awful, we spend like 5 minutes trying to do it, all the while she becomes increasingly angry and agitated so it's hard to really help. We've had notes on the car before calling her and asshole.

I hate it, I don't understand why she can't do it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drive very much as I don't need to because of living in a big city. I am horrible at parking tho, I hate having to park. Guess I gotta keep doing it until I get better at it
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.