Is bleeding edge content possible for more than 1 but less than 10?

I pose a question here: is it possible to provide bleeding edge content for party sizes in the 2~7 or 8 range? Now in the context of WoW, that's scenarios and 5 mans, but it could be extended to other sizes, too. Now I'm not saying that the content needs to be balanced around having any group comp like 10's and 25's, but would it be possible to have a 5 man dungeon that takes 2 nights to learn each boss encounter? Is the triangle of party composition too fragile for hardcore content at a smaller scale? Let me know what you think.

I could see it working pretty well; I imagine a "five-man raid" would be kinda like challenge modes except with more of an emphasis on difficulty rather than speed, and challenge modes are pretty fun/successful.

What do you mean by "bleeding edge content"? I've never heard that used before. As for your idea, for example you talk bout 5 man dungeons that take 2 nights to learn each boss encounter. WoW players nowadays probably wouldn't want that, as, well, it's dungeons and dungeons are considered easy and are meant for gearing up for raiding. The loot would have to be well worth it if the bosses took that long to get down, mainly because bosses like that are in raiding. But having a 5 man "raid", that drops pretty decent loot would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    What do you mean by "bleeding edge content"? I've never heard that used before. As for your idea, for example you talk bout 5 man dungeons that take 2 nights to learn each boss encounter. WoW players nowadays probably wouldn't want that, as, well, it's dungeons and dungeons are considered easy and are meant for gearing up for raiding. The loot would have to be well worth it if the bosses took that long to get down, mainly because bosses like that are in raiding. But having a 5 man "raid", that drops pretty decent loot would be interesting.
    Content that's Tiger Woods fist-pumpingly, Mike Tyson ear-bitingly difficult.

IMHO, no, I don't think it's possible. The larger raid formats with longer fights smooth over individual class imbalances; you can reasonably expect that in every raid, there'll be a class that can activate Bloodlust. In a 5-man, specific class abilities would take precedence over the players; you'd need a Rogue for Shroud of Concealment cheese, a Bloodlust class, a Warrior tank to drop flags, etc.

Not to say some really engaging smaller group content isn't possible or worth trying to do, but it'd be so hard to bring it to the same level of balance as a raid that it wouldn't be worthwhile to push it up that high.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

At least in my experience, bleeding edge has referred to as world first races, i.e. doing the content in the bare minimum required gear racing for a kill. And this isn't really a discussion of whether people would want to do it. It's a theoretical question of whether or not it is even possible to have that sort of challenge at a small scale.

No, because every group would consist of blood DK, disc priest, mage, warlock and rogue