Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,058
    Sylvanas and her forsaken had a lot of lore developed during WotlK and Cataclysm. I dont see any reason why they should get even more development, while Gnomes, Worgen and Draenei have no lore developed to speak of.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,140
    Blizzard likes to start up a story and then just put it on the back burner for like 4 years

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,473
    I can't see why all the racial leaders can't get story in all expansions...
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    3,752
    do keep in mind we have the siege of org coming up. and if I'm not mistaken there was some dialog between Vol'jin and Baine on who else would come to help the rebels deal with Garrosh. they mentioned Lor'themar wanting to come over but after he is done on IoT, and that Sylvanas "would not even need to be asked", but that both the blood elves and undead are across the sea. so I wouldn't rule out Sylvanas making some sort of appearance in say 5.4, or even later in 5.3.

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral Rhywolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,043
    Problem is, in the silverpine questline it was Sylvanas who was evil and Garrosh who enforced morals on her. Bringing her in now would be conflicting in some way...

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    No, Sylvanas does not need more lore, there are so many factions leaders that need it way more than her. I like Sylvanas personnaly, but I would like to see other faction leaders.
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Sylvanas and her forsaken had a lot of lore developed during WotlK and Cataclysm. I dont see any reason why they should get even more development, while Gnomes, Worgen and Draenei have no lore developed to speak of.
    Forsaken get lore development because they are actualy interesting while Gnomes, Worgen and Draenei are just failed experiments. Only way to fix them would be by making them godlike, and no one but hardcore fanboys want that.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Forsaken get lore development because they are actualy interesting while Gnomes, Worgen and Draenei are just failed experiments. Only way to fix them would be by making them godlike, and no one but hardcore fanboys want that.
    Agreed! Worgen could've been so much better, their city and introduction story line was pretty bad ass, but once again Blizzard let slip of it. Dranenei are just horrific, and Gnomes got love in Cataclysm.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Forsaken get lore development because they are actualy interesting while Gnomes, Worgen and Draenei are just failed experiments. Only way to fix them would be by making them godlike, and no one but hardcore fanboys want that.
    Failed experiments because nobody bothers to develop them. They can be great, but nooo, more forsaken lore, please.
    I fail to see what is interesting in being dead and bitching about it and also wanting to convert others to more walking dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Sylvanas deserves more lore? I don't know what you're on, but the only lore she deserves at the moment is the Argent Crusade to come knocking on their door and the Ashen Verdict to come and free one of the heads of the faction from the Evil lady's torturous grip.

    I mean seriously, she got a lore overload wotlk and cata, where is Velen's lore?
    If the constant foreshadowing of another legion themed expansion is any suggestion then Velen will hopefully get some attention or get killed and replaced by a draenei that actually has some part in the current story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but Vol'jin's "Horde".
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Failed experiments because nobody bothers to develop them. They can be great, but nooo, more forsaken lore, please.
    I fail to see what is interesting in being dead and bitching about it and also wanting to convert others to more walking dead.
    Umm, Horde Revolution?
    Kor'kron being stationed at the Undercity for Years?
    Garrosh's calling Sylvanas a bitch?
    Garrosh telling her what she can and cannot do?
    Garrosh's blatant disregard for Forsaken Lives?

    Sylvanas actually has a reason to be here, while Mekkatorque, Velen, and Greymane really don't, they would feel like a forced token minority
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wildberry as always delivers.
    Timeless Isle General Chat called me a "Garrosh wannabe" for killing my own faction. I don't think they know that I don't view that as an insult.

  12. #32
    I think they want the focus on Vol'jin, since he hasn't played any part in previous expansions pretty much. But having Sylvanas sit idle in UC while Garrosh is going insane and the horde turning against him, does seem very odd. If anything have her fight beside Vol'jin and Thrall, but maybe don't give her many lines of dialogue.

    As an undead I want to see the Banshee Queen lead her people into war, not a troll.

  13. #33
    I'd love to see Sylvanas get some lore, theres so much more potential there in my opinion for great storytelling, shes such a sad figure. Ally leaders always seem a little flat to me.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

    Sylvanas actually has a reason to be here, while Mekkatorque, Velen, and Greymane really don't, they would feel like a forced token minority
    I don't see why the alliance should have any part of it to begin with. Garrosh going mad and turning the horde against eachother is good for them. If anything, they should use the oppertunity to slay horde on other fronts, not helping the rest of the horde take Orgrimmar back.

    Also, gief Sylvanas as new Warchief, find a new evil apothecary and kill every living being in sight with vile poisons. Long "live" the Forsaken!
    Last edited by DotSWE; 2013-04-20 at 10:28 AM.

  15. #35
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What strong hatred? At most there's one insult, and that's Garrosh calling Sylvannas a bitch. I don't think that would cause strong hatred.
    Well, She obviously hates him. He has put Kor'kron in Undercity. He has forbidden her to use plague in Gilneas and to make NEW Forsaken. Of course She hates him, Garrosh is suppressing her. Sylvanas is not a character who likes to obey someone she is one Iron Bi*ch.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  16. #36
    he says shes no different from the lich king and forbids her to use the val'kyrs and without them the forsaken dies out. And he blames the wrathgate on her and has guards all around UC dosent look like theyr BFF exactly

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but Vol'jin's "Horde".
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by DotSWE View Post
    I don't see why the alliance should have any part of it to begin with. Garrosh going mad and turning the horde against eachother is good for them. If anything, they should use the oppertunity to slay horde on other fronts, not helping the rest of the horde take Orgrimmar back.
    Let's see, Wrathion has promised the return of the Burning Legion, I'm sure is has been discussed with Anduin, and Varian has shown that he actually can and will listen to his son. Not to mention seeing Garrosh's disregard for life and morals lately, Varian seems to be taking the moral highground. After the 5.2 Quests it seemed like Jaine isn't so hellbent on the destruction of the Horde, rather the death of Garrosh. Mainly though, it's the Legion, the Alliance can't even manage to win a long term full scale war against the Horde unless it crumbles in on itself, they really don't have too much hope against the Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wildberry as always delivers.
    Timeless Isle General Chat called me a "Garrosh wannabe" for killing my own faction. I don't think they know that I don't view that as an insult.

  18. #38
    guys who the hell cares who deserves it or not its what makes sense and make the lore good, the dreanies for example has nothing to do with the horde "civil war"

  19. #39
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    If there was any time she should have gotten more lore it was Wrath not MoP.

    well i do agree, i wanted to see more of her and jaina in wrath.

    but she opposes Garrosh quite a lot, she haswn't liked him for a while, i thought she would be at the head of the revolution along with vol'jin
    Signature pending

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Umm, Horde Revolution?
    Kor'kron being stationed at the Undercity for Years?
    Garrosh's calling Sylvanas a bitch?
    Garrosh telling her what she can and cannot do?
    Garrosh's blatant disregard for Forsaken Lives?

    Sylvanas actually has a reason to be here, while Mekkatorque, Velen, and Greymane really don't, they would feel like a forced token minority
    Sylvanas isnt the type that gets offended by a rude word. She just dosent care about garrosh.
    Also, Forsaken Lives, hah, nice one.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •