Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shouldn't there be some lore for Sylvanas this expansion?

So, I just read this on the front page.
    "We may see some of Sylvanas before the end of the expansion, but no promises."
    Now, I saw this and I immediately did a double take. I mean seriously? What could they be thinking by Not including Sylvanas in some form? Throughout the silverpine forest quest line, it is made VERY clear that she and garrosh do not agree. It is also evident how at odds these two are by the fact that his Korkron solders are posted now through the undercity to keep an eye on her actions. He blames the wrathgate on her.

Now, they may just be covering up, or they may honestly be stupid enough not to use such a huge story changer. Im not sure which. However, what do you all think of their plans to possibly not add any story for Sylvanas, despite how much of a volatile combination these two are if they were to be let lose on one another. I believe Sylvanas would revel in such an undertaking that she would jump at any chance to strike down garosh. Even if it is purely out of spite.

Deleted
    That silvanaz is going to die in the siege .. that's the only lore that it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, I just read this on the front page.
    "We may see some of Sylvanas before the end of the expansion, but no promises."
    Now, I saw this and I immediately did a double take. I mean seriously? What could they be thinking by Not including Sylvanas in some form? Throughout the silverpine forest quest line, it is made VERY clear that she and garrosh do not agree. It is also evident how at odds these two are by the fact that his Korkron solders are posted now through the undercity to keep an eye on her actions. He blames the wrathgate on her.

Now, they may just be covering up, or they may honestly be stupid enough not to use such a huge story changer. Im not sure which. However, what do you all think of their plans to possibly not add any story for Sylvanas, despite how much of a volatile combination these two are if they were to be let lose on one another. I believe Sylvanas would revel in such an undertaking that she would jump at any chance to strike down garosh. Even if it is purely out of spite.
    Sylvanas deserves more lore? I don't know what you're on, but the only lore she deserves at the moment is the Argent Crusade to come knocking on their door and the Ashen Verdict to come and free one of the heads of the faction from the Evil lady's torturous grip.

I mean seriously, she got a lore overload wotlk and cata, where is Velen's lore?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

It's probably because they know Alliance players are not pleased that Horde are getting the vast majority of focus.

Moira getting focus shocked everyone. But even then, it's a 5 minute scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Sylvanas deserves more lore? I don't know what you're on, but the only lore she deserves at the moment is the Argent Crusade to come knocking on their door and the Ashen Verdict to come and free one of the heads of the faction from the Evil lady's torturous grip.

I mean seriously, she got a lore overload wotlk and cata, where is Velen's lore?
    Who cares? This is a revolution of the horde. Every races leaders opinion on such a drastic change should be known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is she going to get herself killed a fourth time?

While I'm sure they'll plug sylvannas at some point, the only time in the future I want her to be a main focus is when Genn Greymane sends her and the forsaken packing out of Gilneas.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is she going to get herself killed a fourth time?

While I'm sure they'll plug sylvannas at some point, the only time in the future I want her to be a main focus is when Genn Greymane sends her and the forsaken packing out of Gilneas.
    I don't really care if shes the main focus or not. However, there is a strong hatred between her and Garosh and I want that to be built apon. Seriously, they need every leader in on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care if shes the main focus or not. However, there is a strong hatred between her and Garosh and I want that to be built apon. Seriously, they need every leader in on this.
    I don't know why her and Garrosh hate one another; they seem to be two peas in a pod what with the dire extremism that flows through both of them.

I guess they just don't like having the other try and order them around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What strong hatred? At most there's one insult, and that's Garrosh calling Sylvannas a bitch. I don't think that would cause strong hatred.

But no promises?? Was that a blue post? I thought for sure Sylvanas would have a major part in 5.3. I'll be really disappointed otherwise. All the horde is throwing in for a major battle against their warchief but the undead don't get to play a part? Cmon....

It shouldn't be about "oh she got lore in WOTLK" This is a major upheaval in the horde, all members should be present.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was any time she should have gotten more lore it was Wrath not MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What strong hatred? At most there's one insult, and that's Garrosh calling Sylvannas a bitch. I don't think that would cause strong hatred.
    Follow the whole chain. All of it. Its made apparent how she hates him. His solders are all over Her city watching her. Sort of what is starting to happen in 5.3 to the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    But no promises?? Was that a blue post? I thought for sure Sylvanas would have a major part in 5.3. I'll be really disappointed otherwise. All the horde is throwing in for a major battle against their warchief but the undead don't get to play a part? Cmon....
    It was part of a pod interview with Cory Stockton.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    If there was any time she should have gotten more lore it was Wrath not MoP.
    I agree she should have had a lot more lore in wrath. However, with a major revolution of our faction coming, every leader, Including her, Should have lore concerning their views and opinions on the matter.

Oh wow I just read the post. I'm really, really disappointed in this. As an undead player I anxiously awaited our purple sailed ships to make an appearance in Pandaria. No 5.1? no 5.2? Must be 5.3. And now "maybe, no promises?"

I didn't think I cared THAT much, but now with that response I feel pretty let down. I really hope they put us in, and not just a quick something. This is a time for story telling imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

She will be picked as the new Warchief.

I think it's sad that despite the current events that are going on in the Horde, and Pandaria, Sylvanas has no mention in this expansion...except for Vol'jin saying that she has no excuse to join the rebellion.

I honestly thought that she would make an appearance, due to the fact that:

1) The situation where the Horde is at, I would expect Sylvanas's patience to reach it's limits with the kor'kron.
    2) her sister, Vereesa Windrunner making an appearance.

Ah well.

Funny thing is, because his soldiers are all over her city, she isn't in much place to join the trolls.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Funny thing is, because his soldiers are all over her city, she isn't in much place to join the trolls.
    The very trolls being rounded up and put into cages? Pretty sure she and her people can move more freely then they can at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much prefer to see some Gnome lore or something. Buggers are neglected as hell :\ ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    That silvanaz is going to die in the siege .. that's the only lore that it deserves.
    Never quite understood why there is such hatred for her. She is actually an interesting character, who we're seeing slowly turn more and more, into what she hates due to power. The belief that "anyone evil is boring, and should just die" is pretty lame.

I love having a long lasting evil character, who isn't just a thug headed moron.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've said that they would rather deal with the Forsaken storyline in content more focused on the Eastern Kingdoms, preferably with involvement from the worgen, so they may not have a major role in this expansion at all.