Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ghostcrawler on 5.3 Changes

"They have to give up Silencing Shot to take the stun. Not sure you'll see that many take that trade."

So Ghostcrawler is adding a talent that he explicitly states is undesirable relative to another talent in that tier. Am I missing something here? What happened to "fun, exciting choices?"

I'll still be rolling with Intimidation just because you can use stuns on any class, but this plot just makes me sour.

I chuckled when I read that quote too. "We're gonna make a frustrating talent change for you guys even though we openly admit we're completely confident you'll continue to pick Silencing Shot. What is a Wyvern Sting?"

Ok.

Such BS...

10+ Year Old Account
    He knows that most hunters will take Silencing Shot, so obviously this is a intended change to make it so hunters dont have access to that stun anymore. Wyvern string is a joke in pvp and pve.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanblood View Post
    Wyvern string is a joke in pvp and pve.
    You don't know what you have until you lose it.

I'm the first person who would shout ''lol, wyvern sting'' all over the place, but thinking back I have actually used it in a few small and specific places. It stills fills a unique role none of our other shots have and it is a unique talent in that tier. While I don't think many people will be using it anywhere I don't think they should scrap the talent. Maybe buff it in some way, make the cooldown slightly lower than the duration or something. Get it off the global cooldown. Anything really.

I still don't get why Silencing Shot isn't baseline though. The problem is still that Silencing Shot is too strong and almost mandatory. Not that the other talents are bad.

Off-topic but I'm quite annoyed Binding Shot will be Marksmanship-only. More power to Marksmanship but this has to be one of my favorite abilities ever and now I can't even use it anymore in my other specs. Blah!

Most situations I've used Wyvern Sting for in the past were situations Freezing Trap could've or did work just as well. It's hard to justify something that's used for basically the same thing as poly or hex that costs an entire talent slot for lesser effects. It needs some additional unique benefit.

Honestly this change should've happened with Intimidation replacing Wyvern if anything. Binding shot at least had a niche in CMs.

The horrible part is it hurts PvE players as well, it's pretty much a wasted tier if you're not going to interrupt something, considering Wyvern is bad as-is (for current tier,) and a one target stun just won't cut it on Lei Shen/etc fights. This is exactly why PvP and PvE need to be separate. That tier becomes utterly useless if you don't have to interrupt something, if this change goes through, for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I don't think many people will be using it anywhere I don't think they should scrap the talent.
    Personally, I think they should have made that talent baseline, and should have added Intim to the tree, that way you really have a choice for both PvP and PvE. Even though it still would've been Silencing for PvP, Silencing for interrupt fights and BS for the others.

Yeah I am pretty bummed were gonna lose binding shot. I'm currently in the process of solo'ing every achievement in 25m level 80 raid stuff before they make it MM only and it really does have some great utility/use in combination with ice/snake trap. In current PvE it has some really great uses as well in different situations, and changing that out for a single target stun is pretty weak.

Deleted
    its quite simple. they have clearly reached their frustration point with MM. not a single player is interested in it, even though they have buffed it every single patch since release. they are now forcing our most interesting control utility onto it, to force us to play a spec that is in tatters.

blizzard must rethink this regressive change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    "They have to give up Silencing Shot to take the stun. Not sure you'll see that many take that trade."

So Ghostcrawler is adding a talent that he explicitly states is undesirable relative to another talent in that tier. Am I missing something here? What happened to "fun, exciting choices?"

I'll still be rolling with Intimidation just because you can use stuns on any class, but this plot just makes me sour.
    Pick one, either have it removed from the game or in a bi-linear talent choice that will probably only be chosen for non-wizard comps, soloing and leveling.

Hunters, especially beast mastery, had/have entirely too much cc as is. This is a great move that keeps the spells in game. If you were blinded by "fun exciting choices" then please by all means spec wyvern sting instead of silencing shot at 1800+ arena.Most effective, optimized choice>Fun and games at or near end game, it's been this way since cookie cutter builds.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    remove icetrap make wyvern sting baseline CC with no cooldown 8 or 10sec pvp cc 2min pve cc

do bind shot intimidate silence shot in lvl 30 tree problem solved.

It's definitely meant as a nerf. I think it's odd that the tier is so limited though.

Yeah...when I read this I laughed and said, "well fuck you too Ghostcrawler."

Total contradiction to blizz's reason for the new talent system. Do not get these changes. Don't Blizz understand that there are reasons why MM is not popular? It's clunky and also performing lower than the other specs, badly designed spec is bad whatever buffs, additions made of it. Even if mm became top dog I would still not want to play it unless they nerfed the crap outta the other 2 specs. Blizz needs to go back to the drawing board to make MM fun but also need to stick to their promise of making the new talent system fun and interesting not go back to more cookie cutter builds. Another PvP nerf that affects PvE and this seems to be the trend of late.

Give Hunters a baseline Interruping Shot on a 15 sec CD and make Silencing Shot replace it when specced.

Problem solved, 30 Talents are now a CC Tier and not just "lul need silencing shot".
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-04-21 at 09:29 AM.

Same reason he says Grimoire of Sacrifice should be a DPS Loss to grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Same reason he says Grimoire of Sacrifice should be a DPS Loss to grab.

Thats a different scenario. He made it a dps loss by like 3% or so, its not like 3% really matters on anything other than top tier raids. Its convenient, no longer micro managing your pet makes it a bit easier. You shouldn't gain dps through convenience talent. The silencing shot thing is mandatory utility that we have to take, because the other two choices are garbage. Now if they redesign intimidation to provide a 5s stun on a 30s cooldown and make it act like KC, which is instant, not on next swing, then I could see competition. But as of now, its designed to be a nerf. He knows no one will take it.

Well silencing shot is pretty much going to be the mandatory talent, unless we get a fight like Lei Shi where an extra CC will be useful. Kinda sucks because in PVE I usually always rolled with binding arrow as our tanks/melee did the interrupts. I loved that talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsohg View Post
    Thats a different scenario. He made it a dps loss by like 3% or so, its not like 3% really matters on anything other than top tier raids. Its convenient, no longer micro managing your pet makes it a bit easier. You shouldn't gain dps through convenience talent. The silencing shot thing is mandatory utility that we have to take, because the other two choices are garbage. Now if they redesign intimidation to provide a 5s stun on a 30s cooldown and make it act like KC, which is instant, not on next swing, then I could see competition. But as of now, its designed to be a nerf. He knows no one will take it.
    Intimidation is instant if pet is in melee range, and has been for several patches. It's just not instant when you're doing it on off-targets or the pet isnt in melee range.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Intimidation is instant if pet is in melee range, and has been for several patches. It's just not instant when you're doing it on off-targets or the pet isnt in melee range.
    I'm fairly sure Intimidation is applied on next pet auto attack after casting it, not instantly.