1. #1
    Warchief Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,125

    What happend to corpse spamming?

    I remember back in wrath and maybe earlier but I'm not sure, gold farmers would spell out URLs with the dead bodies of level 1s in Org and SW. I have noticed that this doesn't really happen anymore after Cata was released. Does anybody know why this stopped happening? I did some research but I couldn't find anything. It was a funny phenomenon that I kind of wish was still around.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,533
    I assume that they aren't able to do that anymore for some magical reason, like maximum of 2 WoW's are allowed to be active on 1 pc? I don't know.
    But i assume blizzard has done something about it.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,123
    I think corpses in cities get 'swept up' faster now, especially if they're low-level. Makes it too much effort to be worth it nowadays.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal TJkroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    97
    If you are referring to game clients, then I think the max is dependent on your PC. In my guild there is someone you runs five or six clients at once.

    Also, back when they use to do that "dead body spells word" they didn't stay logged in. I had an add-on called _Corpse, when you mouse over a player's corpse it tells you if they are online or offline regardless of faction.\

    -TJkroz

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Icebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,078
    I miss the flying ones.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I assume that they aren't able to do that anymore for some magical reason, like maximum of 2 WoW's are allowed to be active on 1 pc? I don't know.
    But i assume blizzard has done something about it.
    You're absolutely, painfully wrong. You can have as many instances of WoW open as your computer can handle. There is no actual limit to the number of applications, only a limit to your hardware.

  7. #7
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I think corpses in cities get 'swept up' faster now, especially if they're low-level. Makes it too much effort to be worth it nowadays.
    I think you're right. I vaguely remember this coming up back when this first started disappearing and people noticed that the corpses were despawning much more quickly.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    You're absolutely, painfully wrong. You can have as many instances of WoW open as your computer can handle. There is no actual limit to the number of applications, only a limit to your hardware.
    I said that i assumed, so i'm not wrong, it was a guess.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •