Thread: Wow logs issue.

Deleted

Wow logs issue.

Hi, wonder if someone can shed some light.

I'm no wow log expert, but recently I was checking my logs out, and was trying to compare to top ranking blood dks. Just to see if I should be doing some stuff more than others.

It was on durumu that I was checking logs. I logged about 80k dps and the logged I compared it with was a guy who logged 200k. How is that possible for a tank on a no add fight?

Now I realise he will be much better geared, he also had crusader rune forge, but other than that it seemed he did similar amounts of abilities, he infant did a fair few less death strikes than me, but I guessing that's down to them having a much quicker kill. How can he do 120k more dps? Are the logs bugged or rigged? Or can that be achieved?

Deleted
    DPS gear?

Also quick kill => high dps.

I assume you are looking at the top dps blood dk on that fight, which is this log;

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=5221#Malaikat

That tank solo tanked durumu, so he was taking massive amounts of damage and on top of that he is running what looks to be mostly dps gear. He has at least the dps tier 2p, which did 8.8% of his damage, as well as the dps legendary meta which did another 9% of his damage.

Basically they tanked it just to do massive amounts of damage, probably taking extra damage from things just to get more vengeance so that they could do more dps.

Deleted
    Blood DPS is all about cheesing as dkdk said. Unless you're overgeared you shouldn't be comparing yourself to the top parses as they will be doing everything they can to vengeance whore/boost dps.

As long as you're doing your job don't worry about not reaching stupid numbers.

Ranking as a tank spec stops being about skill once you're vaguely competent at the spec, and becomes mostly about Vengeance cheesing.

Not that playing skillfully is either impossible or ineffective, but it's just eclipsed by Vengeance. You probably didn't do anything strictly "wrong", you just didn't try to push dps most likely (e.g. AMS soaking during the maze).

Deleted
    Ok cool. I was just curious as how it could be possible. I only compared as I wanted to see if I was mistiming CDs or things like that, basically to tank it better. I wasn't interested in doing more dps, I was just curious how it could be such a vast difference. Thanks for replys.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 02:34 PM ----------

Hah. No cheering my dps wasn't the issue. On our kill night we had plenty of dps, just ppl dying to stupid shit. I normally saved my ams for beams crossing over.

The legendary meta is doing shocking (oops pun) amounts of damage, assuming high vengeance. Dps trinkets, the meta, and short kill times seem to be the factors involved.

That said, logs can often be corrupted, but the few Blood DKs i looked at in 10man seemed legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmanclown View Post
    Hah. No cheering my dps wasn't the issue. On our kill night we had plenty of dps, just ppl dying to stupid shit. I normally saved my ams for beams crossing over.
    A perfect example of doing the right thing for survivability. Keep doing that until your guild starts hitting enrage timers, then you can worry about DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by gazmanclown View Post
    I normally saved my ams for beams crossing over.
    CD is short as hell, you can do both easily.