Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    spark of zandalar, terrible trinket?

    been trying to replace my normal lei shens final orders (2/2 upgrade, so 497ilvl) for a while now, and with work in the way i havent been able to raid normal much this past month (qq tank getting thunderforged primordius trinket). got a spark of zandalar lfr today, and wow, is the proc rate really that aweful (2h frost) ? takes a buttload of time to build the stacks so you cant really line the str buff with anything else, im considering just going back to the lei shens trinket (or 2/2 relic which is probably better than both)

    did some tests and it usually takes me around 2 minutes to get to 10stacks, give or take a few seconds. seen streaks of no proccing stacks for up to 20 seconds.
    Last edited by tuscar; 2013-04-20 at 05:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    been trying to replace my normal lei shens final orders (2/2 upgrade, so 497ilvl) for a while now, and with work in the way i havent been able to raid normal much this past month (qq tank getting thunderforged primordius trinket). got a spark of zandalar lfr today, and wow, is the proc rate really that aweful (2h frost) ? takes a buttload of time to build the stacks so you cant really line the str buff with anything else, im considering just going back to the lei shens trinket (or 2/2 relic which is probably better than both)

    did some tests and it usually takes me around 2 minutes to get to 10stacks, give or take a few seconds. seen streaks of no proccing stacks for up to 20 seconds.
    2 minutes for 10 stacks seem absurdly low based on my experience. I haven't timed it out but I probably average at least twice that. the LFR Spark was a massive DPS increase for me over LFR Lei Shen's, so I'm assuming it's at least a little better than normal Lei Shen's. Given that you've upgraded yours, I'm sure the difference isn't that much - but I still think it would be an increase.

  3. #3
    How much haste are you at? Priority? My experience with the trinket is that while slower than I am used to it still isn't as slow as you suggest.

  4. #4
    compared to the shado-pan trinket and the ji-kun feather this trinket is a dps loss... at least from personal experience

    the proc rate was terribly slow, at least for me (ret paladin)
    i'd assume itd be decent for dw frost or smf type dps.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

  5. #5
    You aren't taking two minutes to get 10 stacks unless you have zero or negative haste. It's 5 rppm.

    Realistically it's one proc every 100 seconds or better, and more during bloodlust.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2013-04-20 at 08:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,820
    It's pretty good for blood tanking if you go a more aggressive approach.

  7. #7
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In Stormwind
    Posts
    35
    Imo it's pretty terrible playing from a fester blight pov, It never stacks or lines up as my Ji-kun trinket does. Im currently rolling with Ji-kun and primordius trinket as they line up pretty well meaning I've got strong ass dot's.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by deadorc View Post
    Imo it's pretty terrible playing from a fester blight pov, It never stacks or lines up as my Ji-kun trinket does. Im currently rolling with Ji-kun and primordius trinket as they line up pretty well meaning I've got strong ass dot's.
    Well yes I believe it's def been said Spark is bad for fester, it will never proc right away at start of combat (like most non stack dependent trinks will) so it will never have good lining up for starting dots. I'd skip it even if I was normal Unholy (though I like the troll xform).
    I never much liked trinkets like this, unless the buffs that stack would give a buff themselves like say 100 str each stack and then at 10 you get a much larger sum.

  9. #9
    Even the normal version has a really solid uptime for blood (well over 20% on every fight), I can honestly imagine the heroic (thunderforged) version to be close to BiS for tanking (even if you aren't valuing the dps that highly) since the uptime should be amazing. For obvious version it's not that good for festerblight, but I don't see why it'd be bad for frost.

  10. #10
    The heroic version doesn't proc any more than the normal one.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The heroic version doesn't proc any more than the normal one.
    Are you sure? I could've sworn that I had a blue post saying that somewhere, guess that might've been only for the trinkets where it wasn't possible to scale the stats on the proc (e.g. uneering vision).

  12. #12
    That only applies to unerring vision of lei shen and rune of re-origination.

  13. #13
    Ah alright, does make sense, thank you!
    Last edited by Cookie; 2013-04-21 at 02:16 AM.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,820
    It's still not bad for tanking though. It takes awhile to get the first 10 proc, but after that it's quicker because you can build charges while you're transformed. The regular heroic version is what 8800 strength for 20 seconds? That's a decent amount of parry and a lot of damage.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's still not bad for tanking though. It takes awhile to get the first 10 proc, but after that it's quicker because you can build charges while you're transformed. The regular heroic version is what 8800 strength for 20 seconds? That's a decent amount of parry and a lot of damage.
    Currently using the normal version and it's definitely quite good, doubt it beats out fortitude of zandalari unless you value the increased damage very highly though.

  16. #16
    I would enjoy it more if it didnt seem to stack so slow, Ill be watching it to see when it procs, and it never seems to want to. It makes me a sad orc

  17. #17
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    849
    it's not bad, overall it seems to have about a 30% uptime with unholy. Obviously trying to festerblight with it is a nightmare but, for fights like jin'rok, tortos, council, iron qon (all normal) the fact it doesn't proc at the start of the fight isn't too detrimental.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Italiandk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dô yöû even liƒt¿
    Posts
    671
    For 2h frost Shado-pan, Feather and Primordius are better than Spark; for FB, depending on the fight, is not that bad and for UH is good.
    Death Knight -> Italiandk
    Shaman -> Cashrain
    Paladin -> Healyoutru
    Priest -> Ängel
    Monk -> Skadoosh
    Mage -> Icydeath

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    For 2h frost Shado-pan, Feather and Primordius are better than Spark; for FB, depending on the fight, is not that bad and for UH is good.

    yeah, havent had a feather drop ever, and primordius thunderforged dropped last week when i couldnt raid. fml

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    For 2h frost Shado-pan, Feather and Primordius are better than Spark; for FB, depending on the fight, is not that bad and for UH is good.
    How does that apply when you consider the haste versus hit/expertise from the shado-pan or feather. The procs may obviously be better on shado-pan or feather, but if you are well over hit cap (which is not hard to do these days) - wouldn't the haste gain outweigh the proc difference.

    Obviously this is a situational question - but considering I'm in that situation I think it's relevant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •