Thread: DPS help

10+ Year Old Account

DPS help

OK, so I have been tinkering with my toon for a while now. I am a relatively new player in world of warcraft. My DPS is really sub par and I'm not sure exactly why. I am geared pretty well in my eyes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.1

Code:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-faoeuh2f1wtncj4c/
    Code:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/V%C3%AColent/advanced
    Last edited by AnthonyM; 2013-04-22 at 03:58 AM.

Ican't look too in depth into your logs since I'm on my phone, but right off the bat I noticed one huge mistake that will tank your dps, your breath of the hydra trinket will *never* proc for you, if you read the tooltip it says it procs off of periodic damage, and if you take frost bomb you will have no source of periodic damage, take nether tempest I'll see if I can take a look trhough your logs without my crappy blackberry browser crahsing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Ican't look too in depth into your logs since I'm on my phone, but right off the bat I noticed one huge mistake that will tank your dps, your breath of the hydra trinket will *never* proc for you, if you read the tooltip it says it procs off of periodic damage, and if you take frost bomb you will have no source of periodic damage, take nether tempest I'll see if I can take a look trhough your logs without my crappy blackberry browser crahsing
    I just got that trinket last night. I was running the LFR version of Essence of Terror. My DPS was still crap, but I will switch to NT so that will proc, I was using it before but switched to Frost Bomb just for the fun of it and had better luck
    Last edited by AnthonyM; 2013-04-22 at 03:57 AM.

Deleted
    Hey,

I noticed this :

Invoker's Energy 20 1512.7 60.3 %

Did you use another talent on some bosses ? I can't really know why you would change because Invocation rocks now that the cast time has been lowered. If you didn't, that a very very very low uptime.

Also, T14 bonuses are really good for frost, since you have already one piece, you should try to get the head or chest. Even the lfr head would be a major boost to your dps.
    I see no major error in gems/reforge/glyphs so thats good.

You should use NT over FrostBomb even if you're not using BotH. NT is just very powerfull right now, and it scales well with haste and the frost spec.

This is our log from last week run ( http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...um/damageDone/ ), maybe you can search in it a little a find something. I'm not the greatest mage at all but my results are okay I think. (512 ilvl atm)

Cheers
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-04-20 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Hey,

Did you use another talent on some bosses ? I can't really know why you would change because Invocation rocks now that the cast time has been lowered. If you didn't, that a very very very low uptime.

Also, T14 bonuses are really good for frost, since you have already one piece, you should try to get the head or chest. Even the lfr head would be a major boost to your dps.

Cheers
    Thanks for the insight.
    I didn't use another talent. It was just hectic first run for most of those bosses I will try to keep Evo up more often, maybe even set some kind of warning to pop it when it goes down. I normally swap out my 522 gloves for my gloves of the burning scroll (496) until I can get that helm. I just leave the 522 on when walking around to look like a bad ass xD
    Last edited by AnthonyM; 2013-04-22 at 03:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyM View Post
    Thanks for the insight.
    I didn't use another talent. It was just hectic first run for most of those bosses. I will try to keep Evo up more often, maybe even set some kind of warning to pop it when it goes down. I normally swap out my 522 gloves for my gloves of the burning scroll (496) until I can get that helm. I just leave the 522 on when walking around to look like a bad ass xD
    Oh ok so 2 piece T14 is nice ).

There's some addons that creates a bar or whatever for your invocation buff, or you could use a weak aura or anything that suits you.
    Searching for the buff in your buff bar sucks, and getting a addon to track this, you'll never have this problem ago.

Refresh it went it falls off, never before, you'll see a big dps boost with this .

Deleted
    From horidon (10 min fight)
    Invoker's Energy 50.7 %
    Mirror Image 4
    Alter Time 3
    Icy Veins 2

From Megeara (8:46)
    Invoker's Energy 6 349.0 66.1 %
    Mirror Image 3
    Icy Veins 2
    Alter Time 2

Frost bomb vs NT, yes in DPS they are about the same, but Frost bomb you have to cast much more often
    At megeara you cast 39 frost bombs, with some added haste one every 11 seconds should be possible. or 7:09 worth of Frost bombs vs the 8:46 fight is a loss of 1:30 or 12 frost bombs or 1.6 million damage done or /8:46 a nice 3k dps missing
    The 60% invocation means a loss of about 6% overall dps or roughly 5k dps
    then the activity time on Megeara, 80% is a loss of about 20k <<< This is the biggest issue you seem to be doing "nothing" a lot of the time, remember your ABCs, Always be Casting... Your activity on
    Horridon, 84%
    Torots, 70%

The use of NT over FB will add some dps too as well as the added uptime of your bomb = more Brain freeze procs and Invocation buff, but ABC as well as (more) usage of your cds such as Icy Veins and Alter Time should get you more on track.