Poll: How would you like demon hunters implemented

10+ Year Old Account

[Poll]Demon Hunters and how you want them implemented

So, how would you like Demon Hunters implemented if Blizz decides to add them as playable in next Legion expansion?

1)Warlock 4th spec
    2)Warlock Glyph
    3)It's own class with Metamorphosis(have meta changed for Warlock)
    4)It's own class with Metamorphosis(different looks and mechanics to that of warlocks)
    5)It's own class without Metamorphosis
    6)Other
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-20 at 05:49 PM.

Demon hunter has to be its own class, as it is different from a warlock (warlocks shouldn't even have metamorphosis, but that's neither here nor there).
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    in hindsight I should've only allowed 2 options in the poll .. warlock spec/glyph or it's own class without meta coz that's what really interests me, if ppl would rather have them as Warlocks with Meta or it's Own class without...

anyway I'd like the 2nd meta option make it looks like illidan after consuming the skull of guldan(well similar to that) and not like the ultimate ability the hero had in war3(warlock has now), and have it like an insane buff you can trigger when yours or your target's hp is under 30% and it gives you increased attack speed, u take reduced dmg and you have increased life for 20s with 2m cd or something like that...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-20 at 05:58 PM.

I don't think no sane DH fan would want DH without meta when we can have it. Why wouldn't we ask for the best DH as possible?

Deleted
    For me at least, the answer is easy. demo locks without meta, new lock tanking spec with the current meta and demon hunter with a meta similar to druid's shapeshifts where it changes by race and form. DONE
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-04-20 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing "We needz no stinkin' Demon Huntards!" option....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    demon hunter doesnt make any sense with the warlock thing cos locks can summon demons and control them and turn into them, you gonna hunt your own pet then kil lurself are ya

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    demon hunter doesnt make any sense with the warlock thing cos locks can summon demons and control them and turn into them, you gonna hunt your own pet then kil lurself are ya
    Illidan was a half-demon who could turn into a demon. We could go with the pet sacrifice route
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    My idea for Demon Hunters would be like this:
    first spec is a dps spec, the Warcraft ideal of a DH, but meta is a short duration cd
    second spec is a tanking spec that utilizes meta much more, being a permanent form
    third spec is a dps spec, the D3 DH, a dark ranger-ish playstyle. We could really use another class that uses ranged weapons.

It's my small idea without much detail but it is just how I imagine it working. I do hope to see Demon Hunters coming to WoW though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    My idea for Demon Hunters would be like this:
    first spec is a dps spec, the Warcraft ideal of a DH, but meta is a short duration cd
    second spec is a tanking spec that utilizes meta much more, being a permanent form
    third spec is a dps spec, the D3 DH, a dark ranger-ish playstyle. We could really use another class that uses ranged weapons.

It's my small idea without much detail but it is just how I imagine it working. I do hope to see Demon Hunters coming to WoW though.
    yep I also think that this is the way blizzard is going to implement it. It pleases everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really hope that, if it is implemented, it wont be called 'Demon Hunter' but something else entirely. Having classes called 'Hunter' and 'Demon Hunter' seems a bit weird to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post

Roll a Blood Elf Demonology Warlock, activate the Glyph of Demon Hunting, and get the Challenge Mode set.

Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Roll a Blood Elf Demonology Warlock, activate the Glyph of Demon Hunting, and get the Challenge Mode set.

Problem solved.
    holy shit dude you're annyoing... you like to purposely ignore everything that is a demon hunter just to make it fit your idea of demon hunter being warlock...
    let's say we do it your way, where are the fucking warglaives which are iconic to demon hunters just as much as meta if not more(since u know they use it more than they use meta), where is the barechested tattooed with demonic runes melee unit that is demon hunter? so no, problem is not fucking solved... get it through your fucking thick skull already... DEMON HUNTERS AREN'T DEFINED BY 1 FUCKING ABILITY THAT NOT ALL DEMON HUNTERS EVEN HAVE. let the infraction come... and also I'm fucking out before I lose my mind...

i dont want them at all

Deleted
    wow... was another thread for this needed?

i do want demon hunters, i think they have a good amount of lore behind them to make it work, but i dont think we will see them. i think blizzard wants demon hunters in the game, i feel they really missed a good opportunity in TBC to add them into the game, would have been perfect timing, but maybe they felt wow didnt need a new class right then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted separate class with different than lock meta. It would be not that hard nor time comsuming to design a different looking and playing meta form. I also like the idea posted previously of meta meaning different things to diff dh specs. I would take it a step further, and have dh meta look a bit diff based on the spec. Ranged/caster meta could be a bit more frail looking and magically/agil powered. Melee would be stronger looking but still with a sleek speediness. Tank would be probably closest to what Illidan looks like/warlock meta, as it looks strong and capable of taking hits.

Although, I would be perfectly happy with a demon hunter without meta, so long as the style and flavor of the class is similar.