Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Lei Shen LFR needs slight adjustments

This fight was easily the most fun I've had in LFR, despite wiping 3 times (the raid had wiped 4 times before I joined) the progress we made each attempt was fairly linear. I think most of the mechanics were tuned perfectly for an LFR group.

- I like how thunderstuck one shots players who don't even make an effort to move out of it.
    - I like how lightning whip doesn't one shot players
    - I like how the adds are threatening enough to warrant soaking the bouncing bolts.
    - I like how dragging the boss onto and overloaded quadrant results in a slow and hilarious wipe.
    - I think the aoe damage when the boss isn't connected to a conduit is perfect.

The only mechanic I think is tuned incorrectly is Static Shock.
    I tried to solo soak it with a Pain Sup + PW:S and it hit me for 900k damage; I think this is totally unrealistic for LFR, and it should be possible to solo soak it with cooldowns.

But regardless, still an amazing fight on all difficulties, and in my opinion the best designed boss in this game (Sorry heroic Rag).
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-04-20 at 05:58 PM.

Static shock only deals 800k damage when that platform levels up so your not supposed to solo soak it, also if it does level up there is not much need to be spread at that point so most of the raid can be grouped up so this makes it easy to soak the static shock.

Deleted
    My first attempt in there I got him down on 7 stacks of determination, it's not all that bad, just means that people actually have to talk to get bosses killed. It was a nice challenge and am only one boss away from him in normal so looking forward to it.

What I think Blizzard should do is make a couple of baked in raid warnings saying spread out there and stack there. Honestly that would solve most of the frustration.

Blizzard shouldn't be using the ridiculous determination buff as a free pass to overtune an end of tier LFR boss to give the illusion of challenge and progression, just sayin'.

got it after 4 wipes, static shock wasn't killing people.... it was one group not soaking the bouncing balls then being killed the resulting adds,

I only had problems with lei shen by way of there is SOMETHING you're not supposed to be standing in - but since I can't raid without my particle density set to 'low', I never see it. I looked over the course of four wipes over and over and never once saw anything to not stand in, but it'd kill me anyway. I suspect it's a blue graphic mixed in somewhere with other blue graphics, which doesn't show up on my poor PoS computer. Had no real issue with static shock though, once we got it through people's heads to treat it like unseen strike.

You're saying nerf static shock because the mechanic you're supposed to group up for can't be taken alone without dying?

Alright.

Lei Shen IS the last boss of the tier I don't see any problem with him killing groups a few times while they figure out how to vaguely do mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You're saying nerf static shock because the mechanic you're supposed to group up for can't be taken alone without dying?

Alright.

Lei Shen IS the last boss of the tier I don't see any problem with him killing groups a few times while they figure out how to vaguely do mechanics.
    Well I tried to solo soak during the transition (there were 5 people in my quadrant), I would be lucky to get 2 people to stack on me to soak the static shock. If I took 900k through pain sup and PW:S ... then that's going to one shot all 3 of us without any cooldowns if we stack up together since we're probably at low health going into the soak. I really do think it's to much damage, for the transitions anyways.

Deleted
    Lei Shen LFR is fine.

The group I was in took 1 wipe to learn the mechanics and what does/doesn't kill you. Then we killed it.

My guild-mate's group 1shot it today.

Yes, it's hard if you try to just faceroll through and don't bother communicating with others. Try reading your dungeon journal, paying attention to those of us who are explaining + organising the raid groups and it's as easy as any other boss. Make a macro to shout at your group to come stand on you for shock.

Rise above it for once instead of asking for the bar to be brought lower.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mechanics on Lei shen are very easy. The problem is 25 people who do not want to follow said mechanics.

The other problem is the previous 2 bosses for that wing are complete faceroll zerg fests, and you're average baddie probably assumes Lei Shen will be too.

I always laugh though. Half the time you can't get these baddies in LFR to avoid standing in fire, but on a fight like Lei Shen were you wanna stack in something you can't get these people to do it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Best quote ever. Too bad it's lost on a lot of people.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-04-20 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    This fight is definitely overtuned for lfr, either make all the fights like this so I can bring some friends and lfr can be remotely enjoyable, or keep them be tuned for 25 mentally challenged players. I'm normally on /follow for all of lfr but on my priest I simply had to start playing and explaining strats after the third wipe to avoid being stuck there all evening (or I'm convinced that the grp would've been dissolved/kept going way after 10 stacks of deter).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-04-20 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    #1. Go back and raid HC(lei-shen) if you want organized groups.
    The fight is fine, it shoulden't be super easy, the most groups I've been with learn after 1-2 wipes.
    Last edited by mmoc66c44a2f62; 2013-04-20 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    That's all fine and dandy for solo-content, LFR requires a bunch of people "rising above it", and being stuck in wipetown because a bunch of random people are... let's say "Rising challenged" isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post

I always laugh though. Half the time you can't get these baddies in LFR to avoid standing in fire, but on a fight like Lei Shen were you wanna stack in something you can't get these people to do it. lol

THIS OMG THIS

8 stacks and we downed it because people couldn't follow directions, after they were given every, single, time we wiped.
    Stack for static shock
    Stack for Overcharge
    stand in the blue swirls to stop an add from spawning.

Yet every time people did the opposite. The one time you actually have to stand in "bad stuff" you can't get the raid to do it. Every other boss people willingly stand where they are not suppose to, take unwarranted damage by standing in fire/slime/void zones/whatever. How did they suddenly decide, "hmmm after all those wipes on previous bosses because I stood in bad stuff, I will stop doing that! yeah! there is no way I will wipe now!"
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    We downed him on LFR after 6 try, i think its perfectly fine.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Only thing I wish to change about this fight, is the only thing I want to change about ToT in general. The ground effects match the ground way too well. The dark purple/grey on grey/blue stone work is annoyingly difficult to see if there is a cluster of folks around. I get that its thunder and lightining, but make the ground a different color or go with a bright blue and not these dark shades that match the flooring, but have small sparkles in them. Only complaint about the raid as a whole is that. ToT is pretty good otherwise, oh and I could stand to have a couple trash packs removed.

Don't think that i'm saying this boss is overtuned for LFR, that couldn't be further from the truth; You can kill this boss with less than 10 people alive for phase 3, which I think is really good design. I just think that 1 mechanic is doing to much damage.

BAsically like all previous tiers, give it a couple of weeks and it will be 1 shot city..
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

I think we did it in 3, but the only real issue I have with it is maybe there needs to be a bit more direction given as far as what to do. I will say though that its an amazingly easy fight once everyone understands to stack when you get the arrow ( we just had people run to the melee group), stand in the whirly spot, and stay out of everything else.

I suspect given another couple of weeks it will be considered the easiest wing of the 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    BAsically like all previous tiers, give it a couple of weeks and it will be 1 shot city..
    It's basically first week garalon or tsulong, both of those were brought down. Excluding some mechanics (elegon floor) lfr just seems to get worse after a few weeks (until it reaches the point where everyone is 20 ilvls above) when no proper player needs anything but valor from there (and having /follow in lfr remains the easiest way for that).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-04-20 at 07:32 PM.