Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    More like 900k
    *shrug* same concept, its not suppose to be solo soaked. Unless you have an immunity which Pain Sup certainly isn't.

Its like saying I should be able to tank the boss with Pain Sup. No... that's not something you should be able to survive. It just isn't, by design. You can disagree with the design of course... but while the design remains the fact remains that solo soaking it is not a "correct" way to do it.

So if i'm lucky enough to have 4 people stack on me it may or may not kill us since were probably hovering around half health already from people doing the electric rings incorrectly at the start of the transition (which will pretty much always be the case).
    Well for one... you're Disc. So presumably you can heal those 4 people, Overloads really don't hurt that bad and can also be outranged. Even if you can't you can also Pain Sup + PW:S survive yourself while killing them (trololol). But best case scenario you just do the fight properly and survive that way. And yeah 3 other people in a 25 man raid shouldn't be THAT hard to come by.

My point is that the fight is designed to actually require some coordination and movement. Not a lot mind you, certainly not as much as normal or god forbid heroic. But still... it requires some. Which is more than most LFR bosses. I'm not saying that it should be designed this way, or that this is good design for a LFR boss (although I like it personally). I'm just saying that this is the way it is by design right now and therefore you can't solo survive a Static Shock. You died because you're suppose to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    first time i was in there in lfr we one shot it. granted it was a premade group :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

This and Garalon pre-nerf, for once LFR feels like a real raid.
    Don't be silly, Lei Shen doesn't compare in any way to pre-nerf Garalon. There's no giant purple circle for trolls to jump in over and over again to wipe the raid. It might take a couple of attempts, but I haven't found it to be anywhere near as bad as pre-nerf Garalon. I actually felt proud for killing pre-nerf Garalon.

1 shot it in my LFR cuz they let me take 5 minutes to set up the raid and tell them what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    first time i was in there in lfr we one shot it. granted it was a premade group :P
    Which is why you're not the usual LFR group. If it is a premade I'm presuming most of the people either know the fight, or have the patience to learn the mechanics. Blizzard has stated many times in the past that the new dungeons weren't made particularly challenging because they don't expect that level of coordination and patience with pugs. That goes double for LFR where you have more people who don't bother to learn the mechanics and just try to faceroll everything that comes their way.

That's fine... if it weren't the fact you need those people to help manage mechanics. If they don't keep their distance from diffusion chains? Lots of adds. Don't stack for static shock? Dead. Don't spread out right for transitions and manage all mechanics? Yep. That takes awhile to recover from. Over time, it will get better. It's still a little too much of a ramp up in difficulty compared to almost every other LFR boss so far. Garalon was difficult, but there was only one mechanic the entire raid needed to pay attention to that had averse effects- don't step in the circle. And even today people keep violating that. So it has to be assumed that people will often violate Lei Shen's mechanics.

Blizzard has said that LFR is very popular, so we can probably assume that the casual and hardcore raiders are not the usual participants in here. It's not too hard to presume that fights should be tuned with that in mind. I personally think Static Shock is fine, but the HP on the adds could stand a slight decrease. Or perhaps during intermissions pillar mechanics will be isolated only to their quadrant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    diffusion chain really needs a cap (maybe 3) on this fight.
    Hats off for such an elegant & small solution. My raid didn't have problems with the duffusion adds, our bane were the bouncing balls. Unless you can bring at least 3 friends and coordinate it beforehand chances are high at least one sector gets overwhelmed, maybe they could limit the amount of bounces as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Excluding some mechanics (elegon floor) lfr just seems to get worse after a few weeks (until it reaches the point where everyone is 20 ilvls above) when no proper player needs anything but valor from there (and having /follow in lfr remains the easiest way for that).
    Well just imagine what happens after 3-4 weeks: People earned enough valor points to reach ilvl 480 with pvp gear (one piece 476->522 is jump of almost 3 ilvl on average). So you don't have your average raider and their family&friends entering LFR but everyone who's interested.

But you're right on the 20 ilvl thing a while after that, it easily adds 25% dps and helps ... but at that point the people who where eligible to enter from the start only need 1-2 more drops from the whole place and their pace slows down and you can just hope that those guys that stepped up increased their effectiveness.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-04-21 at 07:25 AM.

I downed him today after 8 tries. I had to switch to healing so that we had 6 healers as it was not happening otherwise.

It took 2 hours. It was literally the least fun I've had in WoW in a month. I'm never killing that boss in LFR again. Totally horrible. It's not fun to wipe over and over because other people you don't know and who refuse to listen or communicate with you constantly wipe the whole group. That's bad mechanics. The fight needs to be nerfed hard. So does Durumu and maybe Dark Animus. Fights where you wipe because other people are too fucking bad to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Hats off for such an elegant & small solution. My raid didn't have problems with the duffusion adds, our bane were the bouncing balls. Unless you can bring at least 3 friends and coordinate it beforehand chances are high at least one sector gets overwhelmed, maybe they could limit the amount of bounces as well?
    The group I joined, they were constantly spamming that in each of the 4 zones, everyone just stack up and stand there. everytime a group would get diffusion chained and spawn 5-7 adds. they would instantly die. the time we finished the boss i was tanking and just happened to be at the group that was diffusion chained both time so i could pick up the adds. we managed to beat it at 8 stacks of determination.

Deleted
    I entered with a group than have wiped once. I grabbed the boss, started charging/discharging the static shock pillar so we did the first intermission with only that one half charged. Grabbed a shit load of adds on the first intermission and tanked them. Did the same for the second phase, and kepts solotanking till the boss was dead (60 stacks by the end, 250k vengeance on a LFR boss o_O). Ended with 10 people alive, most of them dead from thunderstruck (most on p3, on p1 they got out fine...)

So... I suppose it's a too hard boss for LFR, but at least you can solve it by entering as tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What I think Blizzard should do is make a couple of baked in raid warnings saying spread out there and stack there. Honestly that would solve most of the frustration.

Blizzard shouldn't be using the ridiculous determination buff as a free pass to overtune an end of tier LFR boss to give the illusion of challenge and progression, just sayin'.
    My group is now on 4 stacks of determination and we've only reached the 1st transition with more than 5 players alive once..... We have so far gone through about 50 players and it's been 30 mins since we last even made a pull.... I've been calling exactly what to do as we travel to each new conduit and the group is still failing. Without determination most pug groups would have no chance of progressing.... In fact determination stacks are probably the only reason anyone is still staying to try and kill the boss in this group.

I did it with 3 stacks of determination on my other character and we made steady progress with each wipe.... but this group is terrible. Every players join with no knowledge of the fight and those that have learned a bit by wiping leave with each wipe so the only thing giving us progress is determination stacks.

Deleted
    i killed lei shen with 7 stacks this week. it was glorious.
    the problems weren't the mechanics however, we could take the extra adds and all, but the tanks. they kept dragging the boss in the shut down area in p3. this plus low dps was enough to wipe the raid before the last phase 7 times.

imho the boss is fine, most wipes are caused by the sheer inability of some people to read the dungeon journal and understand basic principles. people don't need to get him handed to them on a silver plate anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it 2nd go with a bunch of randoms. It will be one shot every week after a few.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem i'm having; it shouldn't be just like normal and heroic.

In my opinion not dealing with it correctly is running away from everyone and not using a cooldown to survive. But since I used 2 forms of damage mitigation I should be able to solo soak. Even if 2 or 3 of us stack up during the transition it's likely that one of us will die because of how much damage that spell does.

Edit: Thunderstruck is also a mechanic that will one shot you; however doing the mechanic correctly will result in insignificant damage to your character; unlike static shock where if you do the mechanic correctly you can still get hit for 400k+ damage.
    You're meant to group up on it. How hard can it be when the target has a big blue triangle above his head and blue circle around him? Surely even people in LFR understand this after a couple of wipes? You are not supposed to solo soak it without immunities like Divine Shield, Ice Block, Cloak of Shadows, and Dispersion (though technically no immunity).

Deleted
    The only issue I have with the fight is that it seems to cause issues for people with less powerful machines
    Some pulls people seemed to be frozen from pull to wipe a few seconds later.

I run comfortably 40ish fps most of the time but even I got freeze screens on that fight, usually on the pull

I love all the badass heroic raiders in here laughing and calling everyone else "baddies" who wipe all the time in LFR but then turn around and talk about how they /follow and expect these "baddies" to carry them to free valor because they're too lazy to involve themselves in fights they're too good for. Keep it classy, folks!

easy if you have a few people (Esp the tanks) who know the fight that can explain it to the raid.

otherwise god help any group that has to figure it out.

but give it a few weeks and people will figure it out and have a strat for LFR that everyone will know.

Deleted
    Well I tried to solo soak during the transition (there were 5 people in my quadrant), I would be lucky to get 2 people to stack on me to soak the static shock. If I took 900k through pain sup and PW:S ... then that's going to one shot all 3 of us without any cooldowns if we stack up together since we're probably at low health going into the soak. I really do think it's to much damage, for the transitions anyways.
    You are not hindered by any movement impairing effects... Just go and stand on together with one of the plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I love all the badass heroic raiders in here laughing and calling everyone else "baddies" who wipe all the time in LFR but then turn around and talk about how they /follow and expect these "baddies" to carry them to free valor because they're too lazy to involve themselves in fights they're too good for. Keep it classy, folks!
    Laughs on them for not knowing that there the true scrub baddie fucks that ruin this game.
    On topic, did lei last night in lfr, took about 4 wipes but al in all the fight is quite easy. Just need people to coordinate themselves on where to stand during phases.

So there are 12 bosses in a tier ... 2-3 require some basic level of coordination. It's not a bad thing. Lei Shen is last boss in the run, does not even drop tier gear. If you can't carry/work with your raid group, just move on. It would be bad if all bosses in LFR were hard, but there is no reason to have every boss retard proofed for your comfort. In a few weeks it will be one shotted by everyone, so it's temporary situation anyway.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make him easier tbh, I've just done Lei Shen 4 times in a row now without actually doing twins or iron yet. Getting pretty sick of wanting a fresh group.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS