Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    How to spot the players that lack awareness.
    Or low gamma.

To be fair to blizzard a maze that is incredibly hard to see does fit with the boss ethos, it's just a retarded ethos.

I don't think that's always the case on this particular fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I'm not saying if you don't take wow seriously you suck at life. I'm just saying you should always strive to be better at things you choose to participate in. You choose to play wow, therefore you should try to improve you skill at it. If I choose to play minesweeper I would strive to get better at it. You should always strive to do better in all things (even games).

I do not play those games for that specific reason. They are just clusterfucks, whats the point of that.

I never want to do any activity with people who "don't care". If they don't care they should GTFO and do something else and quit wasting the time of the people who do care.
    How can you say you don't want to play with individuals who may not take the game seriously 100% of the time when you're joining a random raid made up of these exact players? If you don't like this pool of players then step it up to normal mode where the failure rate is much lower or queue with your own guild.

There's nothing wrong btw with taking pride in your gaming skills but you can't expect everyone else to do so when it's just a game. If this game had any positive/negative effects on life after logging off then it would be a different story. You login, screw around, pvp, join a dungeon, maybe lfr, collect loot and logout. That's Wow in a nutshell for easily 70-80% of the player base.

Instead they strive to be better parents, students, employees, etc and don't focus all their energy into a video game.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:26 PM ----------

In my opinion, sucking at something and losing is not fun, whether its a game or a real life endeavor.
    Do you never try anything new in fear that you might suck? I feel a Good Will Hunting vibe coming into play here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    just did this on lfr for the first time. it made me sad i quite raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    PS. yes even playing with stranger, off side and hand ball WILL be pointed out. If enough people sees it and the offender refuse to admit, we can kick him out of the game just like we can kick slacker off in LFR.
    But will you kick your friend out of the game when he slide tackles and hits the leg before the ball resulting in a possible red card? How about fighting for the ball and using your elbow versus your shoulder? Or the 5 second rule on throw ins? If you're playing street soccer or with bunch of friends in a park you don't give a shit about those rules. You put up 4 cones (2 goals) and play. I played soccer competitively for 8 years traveling around the US to tournaments.

But when I came home and played at the park with friends, some who played and others who didn't no one cared. LFR isn't a competition, it's recreation.

In my opinion, sucking at something and losing is not fun, whether its a game or a real life endeavor.
    Yet it happens all the time, in real life, games, etc. Do you just pack it in and quit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    But will you kick your friend out of the game when he slide tackles and hits the leg before the ball resulting in a possible red card? How about fighting for the ball and using your elbow versus your shoulder? Or the 5 second rule on throw ins? If you're playing street soccer or with bunch of friends in a park you don't give a shit about those rules. You put up 4 cones (2 goals) and play. I played soccer competitively for 8 years traveling around the US to tournaments.

But when I came home and played at the park with friends, some who played and others who didn't no one cared. LFR isn't a competition, it's recreation.
    Friend did a bad foul? Yes he would be removed all the same, when you are in the game, friends or not does not matter. Elbow and such? Those would be hard to see due to no ref, most of the time I agree it is likely to brush away unless it cause injuries. 5 second throw in? Not really enforced but throw in doesn't take much longer than that anyway.

And yes you SHOULD care even when you play with friends in the park, or you might as well just toss the ball around.

For me, even playing needs to follow the rules, or might as well not play at all.

Deleted
    Definitely because the queues are screwed up for the last wing. The trash before him needs nerfing too because "stop DPS" doesn't register, with bad groups it ends terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Rise above it for once instead of asking for the bar to be brought lower.
    The bar was brought lower for everything else, might as well stick to the trend or else I'm going to 10 stack Determination this week too because the difficulty spike is enormous compared to the other 11 bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:28 AM ----------

The awareness of the actual maze doesn't seem to be the issue, people keep dying in my runs because the START of the maze, as the circle forms before it actually starts the maze run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Friend did a bad foul? Yes he would be removed all the same, when you are in the game, friends or not does not matter. Elbow and such? Those would be hard to see due to no ref, most of the time I agree it is likely to brush away unless it cause injuries. 5 second throw in? Not really enforced but throw in doesn't take much longer than that anyway.

And yes you SHOULD care even when you play with friends in the park, or you might as well just toss the ball around.

For me, even playing needs to follow the rules, or might as well not play at all.
    If you have a referee then you're in normal mode raiding already. The whole point was this is LFR. No one cared if you had soccer skills. Nowhere did I say you blatently ignored the rules.

Deleted
    If the ppl know at least a bit what they are supposed to do, this boss is a piece of cake in LFRs.
    Killed it first LFR ID with my ele (main) at 3 stacks and with my alt (dk tank) at 4 stacks of the buff. I really had a lot of fun with my tank there, having almost 1 million life, solo tanking him and doing 350k death strikes and ~200k dps and 100k hps at the end of the fight.

With ~30% more healing/damage/life, a lot of errors are forgiven, you can tank so many adds and the boss at once and basically take so little damage its ridicolous.