View Poll Results: do they need it

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • no, they could easily make a demon hunter class without it

    50 17.01%
  • no but they would need something to replace it

    16 5.44%
  • they should change/rename the warlock version and give meta to demon hunters

    61 20.75%
  • dont want demon hunters they should give us something else like murloc bombadiers or somethin :P

    167 56.80%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,401
    doubt very seriously they will release another new class right after MoP released one, but thats just my opinion

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    source? that guy's not a demon hunter.

    this is a demon hunter:

    see? I can post biased sets of images too
    no, illidan doesnt look like the average demon hunter, demon hunters dont have wings or horns or hooves and he still looks more like a rogue, hes wearing leather.

    the demon hunter community will never accept warlocks as demon hunters theres a reason why on rp servers if you try to rp a demon hunter as a warlock you get shunned

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm certain that Wow would continue for years without a demon hunter class... you might leave... but you aren't Wow..
    did i say without a demon hunter class? no i said without any new classes or races. maybe you should read what i replied to next time

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    doubt very seriously they will release another new class right after MoP released one, but thats just my opinion
    normally i would agree, but considering the next expansion is the 10th anniversary i wouldnt be surprised if they went all out and added more races and classes than any other expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  3. #183
    I rest my case. there isn't much to discuss on this thread. it's basically people telling you that demon hunters should be baked into warlocks and providing logic arguments for it, and than you coming, (rudely) saying they are all wrong because warlocks don't fit the mental image you have from demon hunters.

    the poll, the comments and everything about this thread shows that you are outnumbered in your opinion. now, I suggest we just wait and see what blizzard will do with demon hunters in the future.

    whatever they do, the playerbase will accept and suck up to it. if blizz decides to make demon hunters a new leather-based agi class, there will be leather-based agi classes in-game, and that's bad. the same if they do it with cloth. mail and plate don't fit demon hunters. if they bake them into warlocks, loads of people will reroll warlock and some people will complain that demon hunters shouldn't be warlocks. if they bake them into rogues, loads of people will reroll rogues and some people will complain that rogues don't mess with magic. if they ignore demon hunters, loads of people will continue playing the game anyway and some people will QQ and beg for demon hunters.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #184
    my ideal expansion would be one about the nathrezim

    3 races

    A arrakoa or high elves

    H ogres or naga

    N ethereal

    new race models

    demon hunter, spellbreaker, tecchnomage or felsworn class

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I rest my case. there isn't much to discuss on this thread. it's basically people telling you that demon hunters should be baked into warlocks and providing logic arguments for it, and than you coming, (rudely) saying they are all wrong because warlocks don't fit the mental image you have from demon hunters.

    the poll, the comments and everything about this thread shows that you are outnumbered in your opinion. now, I suggest we just wait and see what blizzard will do with demon hunters in the future.

    whatever they do, the playerbase will accept and suck up to it. if blizz decides to make demon hunters a new leather-based agi class, there will be leather-based agi classes in-game, and that's bad. the same if they do it with cloth. mail and plate don't fit demon hunters. if they bake them into warlocks, loads of people will reroll warlock and some people will complain that demon hunters shouldn't be warlocks. if they bake them into rogues, loads of people will reroll rogues and some people will complain that rogues don't mess with magic. if they ignore demon hunters, loads of people will continue playing the game anyway and some people will QQ and beg for demon hunters.
    let me ask you something, how do you intend to make warlocks demonic samurai esque warriors?

    the netire basis for people saying warlocks should become demon hunters is meta, thats it. priests and paladins arent the same thing. it would make more sense for a warrior to gain faith in the light and become a paladin then for a frail weakly priest to start putting on plate and carrying around a giant hammer. the same situation applies here
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    let me ask you something, how do you intend to make warlocks demonic samurai esque warriors?
    new spec: demon hunting

    dual wields swords or daggers (warlocks can use both)
    basic attack - demonic slash - warlocks currently have this in dark apotheosis, and it makes us slash the enemy with our melee weapon;


    let us get dodge from haste and parry from crit.

    done. all the other demon hunter stuff are already baked into the demonology spec.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-04-21 at 03:54 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    new spec: demon hunting

    dual wields swords or daggers (warlocks can use both)
    basic attack - demonic slash - warlocks currently have this in dark apotheosis, and it makes us slash the enemy with out melee weapon;


    let us get dodge from haste and parry from crit.

    done. all the other demon hunter stuff are already baked into the demonology spec.
    okay now how do you make them wear leather? how do you allow them to use fist weapons? what do warlocks gain from another dps spec? why are warlocks all of a sudden melee? what spec do you give to every other class? what lore justification do you have ot allow night elves to be demon hunters? how do you give warlocks tattoos? how do you make warlocks wear blindfolds 24/7? how do you give warlocks a unique running animation? how do you justify giving warlocks an entirely new animation set?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:01 PM ----------

    what you are asking is for priests to get a paladin spec, for mages to get a death knight spec, for monks to get a warrior spec

    based off the fact that they share one semi important spell.

    mages got mirror image, guess they need to start wielding two handers and fighting melee huh?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    okay now how do you make them wear leather? how do you allow them to use fist weapons? what do warlocks gain from another dps spec? why are warlocks all of a sudden melee? what spec do you give to every other class? what lore justification do you have ot allow night elves to be demon hunters? how do you give warlocks tattoos? how do you make warlocks wear blindfolds 24/7? how do you give warlocks a unique running animation? how do you justify giving warlocks an entirely new animation set?
    no leather. most demon hunters wear cloth kilts. most people argue that illidan's pants are leather, but I can't see why, they look like cloth to me. there are many cloth shoulderpieces that look like leather, mail or even plate. non-issue.

    demon hunters with fist weapons? where did you see that? lol

    tank spec.

    demo locks were melee during cataclysm. blizz made them able to go back to range in MoP, but I miss being a melee lock

    Feronas Sindweller goes to darnassus and tells Tyrande that she must allow him to train a new generation of demon hunters there or else the burning legion will surprise buttsecks all of azeroth. she reluctantly agrees to let him train them there for the same reasons she let the highborne mages come back in cataclysm. Feronas becomes the night elf warlock trainer.

    new warlock-only shirt: marks of the demon hunter. most demon hunter NPC tatoos work as shirts.

    blindfolds are not needed as long as you take care of their eyes. demon hunting passive skill: eyes of the demon hunter - the demon hunter takes their eyes off and replaces them with fel orbs of power, being able to detect demons in the mini-map. their eyes now glow green similarly to death knight eyes.

    demon hunter NPCs in-game do not have an unique running animation.

    which new animation set?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no leather. most demon hunters wear cloth kilts. most people argue that illidan's pants are leather, but I can't see why, they look like cloth to me. there are many cloth shoulderpieces that look like leather, mail or even plate. non-issue.

    demon hunters with fist weapons? where did you see that? lol

    tank spec.

    demo locks were melee during cataclysm. blizz made them able to go back to range in MoP, but I miss being a melee lock

    Feronas Sindweller goes to darnassus and tells Tyrande that she must allow him to train a new generation of demon hunters there or else the burning legion will surprise buttsecks all of azeroth. she reluctantly agrees to let him train them there for the same reasons she let the highborne mages come back in cataclysm. Feronas becomes the night elf warlock trainer.

    new warlock-only shirt: marks of the demon hunter. most demon hunter NPC tatoos work as shirts.

    blindfolds are not needed as long as you take care of their eyes. demon hunting passive skill: eyes of the demon hunter - the demon hunter takes their eyes off and replaces them with fel orbs of power, being able to detect demons in the mini-map. their eyes now glow green similarly to death knight eyes.

    demon hunter NPCs in-game do not have an unique running animation.

    which new animation set?
    demon hunters use fist weapons and large blades

    demon hunters main priorty is shrugging off any defenses and use brutality to kill their opponent asap, they are not tanks they just kill things really fast

    tyrande isnt in charge anymore malfurion is, tyrande is only in charge of the priestesses of elune she doesnt have the authority to allow demon hunters and considering malfurion is the kind of dick to make the highbourne who saved his wife and helped save their world be exiled or put to death if they kept using the very same magic that saved her and put his own brother in a lightless prison for 10,000 years because he was trying to help

    yeah malfurion is a huge dick

    the shirt thing would work but i would prefer it be permanent

    demon hunter npc dont because it would be extra work for content most people wont see, in warcraft 3 demon hunters use running animations similar to the ethereal. if you dont know what im talking about go to outland and fight an ethereal and kite it, they run exactly like that

    demon hunters would need a new set of animations for all the different spells and whatnot similar to monks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    demon hunters use fist weapons and large blades

    demon hunters main priorty is shrugging off any defenses and use brutality to kill their opponent asap, they are not tanks they just kill things really fast

    tyrande isnt in charge anymore malfurion is, tyrande is only in charge of the priestesses of elune she doesnt have the authority to allow demon hunters and considering malfurion is the kind of dick to make the highbourne who saved his wife and helped save their world be exiled or put to death if they kept using the very same magic that saved her and put his own brother in a lightless prison for 10,000 years because he was trying to help

    yeah malfurion is a huge dick

    the shirt thing would work but i would prefer it be permanent

    demon hunter npc dont because it would be extra work for content most people wont see, in warcraft 3 demon hunters use running animations similar to the ethereal. if you dont know what im talking about go to outland and fight an ethereal and kite it, they run exactly like that

    demon hunters would need a new set of animations for all the different spells and whatnot similar to monks
    1 - source? I've never seen a demon hunter wielding anything but swords

    2 - every time we fight alongside a demon hunter NPC, the demon hunter tanks. this is a pretty good indicative that demon hunters are tanks.

    3 - actually, tyrande is still the leader of the night elves. malfurion is the leader of the cenarion circle, the neutral druid organization.

    4 - agreed

    5 - agreed, but we have to consider the fact that somethings may be unfeasible. though the tattoos could also come from a demon hunting passive skill, that's an alternative.

    6 - not even monks got a new running animation, so I doubt blizz would give demon hunters one even if they did get a whole new class for themselves, let alone a new spec.

    7 - disagreed. if you take the warlock spell effects and mix them with the normal melee dual wield animations, they'll fit a demon hunter perfectly.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - source? I've never seen a demon hunter wielding anything but swords

    2 - every time we fight alongside a demon hunter NPC, the demon hunter tanks. this is a pretty good indicative that demon hunters are tanks.

    6 - not even monks got a new running animation, so I doubt blizz would give demon hunters one even if they did get a whole new class for themselves, let alone a new spec.
    .
    in the rpg books where the majority of their lore is from they use fist weapons, plus glaives are pretty much fist weapons with swords on them.

    weve only fought alongside one demon hunter besides illidan, demon hunters have always been a fast paced dps type class

    monks may not have gotten a new running animation but they got an entirely new set of animations for virtually everything else, demon hunters would need their iconic running animation which wouldnt be to hard to do, and they should probably just give them a mix of monk and rogue animations for their attacks

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:35 PM ----------

    actuyally they probably shouldnt even be using one handed swords since the main reason they go without armor is so they can use giant weapons without slowing themselves down, they should probably use a titans grip like mechanic and dual wield two handers
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-04-21 at 04:34 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in the rpg books where the majority of their lore is from they use fist weapons, plus glaives are pretty much fist weapons with swords on them.

    weve only fought alongside one demon hunter besides illidan, demon hunters have always been a fast paced dps type class

    monks may not have gotten a new running animation but they got an entirely new set of animations for virtually everything else, demon hunters would need their iconic running animation which wouldnt be to hard to do, and they should probably just give them a mix of monk and rogue animations for their attacks
    1 - the RPG books were ruled as non-canon by blizzard entertainment.

    2 - demonology is a fast paced dps type of spec. demon hunting can be a fast paced tank type spec. play one as mainspec and the other as offspec and you have the classic demon hunters. Also: the WC3 demon hunter was ranged during metamorphosis. they would attack with balls of fel fire.

    3 - I wouldn't mind the animation, but personally I see this as not important enough. it would require new tech to change the running animation depending on spec (or class if they make a demon hunter class, which I doubt because there's no niche for them).
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - the RPG books were ruled as non-canon by blizzard entertainment.
    technically they didnt really say that, they pretty much just said that they can change rpg stuff if they want to since things get added to it so much if they had to remember everything from it they would have redshirts bothering them for the smallest mistakes.

    the majority of pandaren lore that wasnt brand new in mists came from the rpg books, really the only thing they changed was they made pandaria part of kalimdor instead of an island
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    technically they didnt really say that, they pretty much just said that they can change rpg stuff if they want to since things get added to it so much if they had to remember everything from it they would have redshirts bothering them for the smallest mistakes.

    the majority of pandaren lore that wasnt brand new in mists came from the rpg books, really the only thing they changed was they made pandaria part of kalimdor instead of an island
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

    A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1372142?page=1
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

    A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1372142?page=1
    yeah thats the official response but later on other blizzard employees like mumper have said that when it comes to things not yet added in wow that the rpg books would be a good source for what they would be like if they added them so pretty much "there not really cannon but when it comes to speculating they are a good guideline"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #195
    Guideline. Not a hard and fast rule. Maybe you need to look that word up.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Guideline. Not a hard and fast rule. Maybe you need to look that word up.
    still the main reason they said that was for lore inconsistencies, like if they made a nathrezim expansion and the tothrezim didnt show up, its mostly so if they mess up they can write it off as something from the rpg books
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I don't quite understand what this thread (or the poll) will turn up that the countless 103,827,272 others haven't.

    The community wants and doesn't want them. Many people don't see how it can fit in with the current classes, but many hope that Blizzard will find a niche. Same old same old.
    I think a lot of people don't want an entire class to conflict with demon hunting warlocks.

  18. #198
    Screw Demon Hunters, give me those new character models that i have been wanting for like forever instead.
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    Screw Demon Hunters, give me those new character models that i have been wanting for like forever instead.
    the new models have been in development already, we already know that, orc and dwarf are already done and likely more by now. people need to stop worrying about new models they will be here by the next expansion unless something went wrong
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes but gameplay wise and thematic wise it would be better as a rogue, not to mention they wouldnt have the problem of making warlocks use a different armor type and weapon type since rogues already use the same gear.
    Gameplay wise....it'll be whatever Blizzard decides.
    Thematic wise....currently, DHs share more of a theme with Warlocks
    Lore wise...we have examples of casters who 'got physical' already so a warlock dual wielding isn't going to be beyond the pale.
    Armour wise....the idea that Demon Hunters use leather is your own invention.

    i would also accept it if they went the brewmaster route where they are a spec of a new class that is basically a demon hunter just expanded.
    Instead of a spec of an existing class? No....you've already said you see them as rogues.

    Its just the idea that Warlocks might pick up a sword and use it that bothers you. Even though we already have canon examples of similar classes in game, and Demonology have gotten into melee in the past with Demon Form....you just don't like Blizzard linking DHs with warlocks.

    thats just not true at all, take away meta and warlocks are nothing like demon hunters

    blind a rogue and put a demon inside their blades and boom their almost identicle
    A factoid which instantly destroys any need for a separate DH class. As it is, its more accurate to suggest that they are almost identical to YOUR vision of a demon hunter. That is, if you don't mind Combat Rogues shooting off Shadow Bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    weve only fought alongside one demon hunter besides illidan, demon hunters have always been a fast paced dps type class
    In WC3 DHs get Evasion....passive avoidance ability.
    In WoE Illidan tank Mannoroth.
    In the Blasted Lands, Loramides tanks for us.

    So, when you say 'one other' you actually mean 'Every single time we fight with a DH, they tank'.

    Again...the fact you want them to be a DPS class doesn't mean they will be so....especially since every single time we see them in combat, they tank.

    Right now, given their in game history and the development direction Blizzard has taken, DHs would make a decent Warlock tanking spec. The big issue is that this path, while giving us Demon Hunters as a dual wielding meleeing cloth wearing tank doesn't fit your personal vision of a rogue who throws out an occasional spell.

    Make the Glyph a Demonology passive, balance the spec around INT cloth, provide a few more moves that rely on the Apotheosis mode, give Demonology DW and you have a Demon Hunter...with a Demon Form DPS mode. That certainly would fit the direction Blizzard is taking for now.

    It gives the DH Shadow Bolt, Immolation, Banish, Shadowfury and Metamorphosis.
    It gives them a tanking/melee role.
    It gives them the look of cloth based armor.

    But you want a DH who looks and plays like a rogue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    okay now how do you make them wear leather?
    What makes you think DHs wear leather? We don't know....all can say is all DHs we know of wear cloth looking armour.

    how do you allow them to use fist weapons?
    The same they use swords....if Blizzard want them to use such weapons.

    what do warlocks gain from another dps spec?
    Assuming DHs are DPS instead of the tank specialists they are portrayed as...a melee DPS spec.

    why are warlocks all of a sudden melee?
    All of a sudden? Never tanked for your demon as a lock then? Never been in a raid where Warlocks tanked? Never played a lock in Data where Meta was a melee form?

    what spec do you give to every other class? what lore justification do you have ot allow night elves to be demon hunters? how do you give warlocks tattoos? how do you make warlocks wear blindfolds 24/7? how do you give warlocks a unique running animation? how do you justify giving warlocks an entirely new animation set?
    These points are increasingly irrelevant? New running animations? Blindfolds? Race selections? Tattoos? Seriously? DHs will use whatever animations they get. Why do they need new ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    priests and paladins arent the same thing. it would make more sense for a warrior to gain faith in the light and become a paladin then for a frail weakly priest to start putting on plate and carrying around a giant hammer. the same situation applies here
    Ummmmm....they did.

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I rest my case. there isn't much to discuss on this thread. it's basically people telling you that demon hunters should be baked into warlocks and providing logic arguments for it, and than you coming, (rudely) saying they are all wrong because warlocks don't fit the mental image you have from demon hunters.
    DHs could be a new class. But given the links Blizzard has created between the two, it seems unlikely.

    EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-04-21 at 09:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •