Poll: do they need it

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Where is the option for "Do not want Demon Hunters"?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Where is the option for "Do not want Demon Hunters"?
    i dont know... the one that says you dont want them...

do some people just not even look at the poll before posting or do they just want to make snarky remarks?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Im not going to lie I would kill for murloc bombadiers.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no /10chars
    Only way to implement it. Demon Hunter is too shallow of a concept to have 3 specs. Maybe let demon hunter spec locks use leather?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    The only way I can see Demon Hunters making it into the game, is adding a fourth specialization to Warlocks allowing them to dual wield glaives and giving them melee abilities. If this would be a DPS or Tanks spec however I'm unsure.

Warlocks and Demon Hunters are so much alike if you read up on their lore that it's silly, Illidan who was the first Demon Hunter, didn't even receive the power of Metamorphosis until he claimed the Warlock artifact Skull of Gul'dan, from the first and most powerful Warlock.

Since this isn't an option in the poll I can't vote. =/

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just think they missed their opportunity for Demon Hunters when they gave Demonology Metamorphosis.

It's hard to translate a Demon Hunter to WoW and leave out Meta. At the same time, duplicating Meta in-game is silly (as silly as giving Druid forms to someone else), and deleting Meta from Demonology is outright ludicrous and has no chance of ever happening.

At this point it's even arguable if Demon form as it pertains to Warcraft is more iconic for Demon Hunters or Warlocks. Demon Hunters had it first, in a game released over ten years ago, but it's been a HUGE part of the Demonology toolkit for three WoW expansions and is only getting more integral to the spec as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    The only way I can see Demon Hunters making it into the game, is adding a fourth specialization to Warlock allowing them to dual wield glaives and giving them melee abilities. If this would be a DPS or Tanks spec however I'm unsure.
    I'd have to agree that this may be the most likely way of getting it in there. I want to see playable Demon Hunters in the game but not with it ripping away a lot of Warlock flavor in the process.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-04-20 at 06:59 PM.

The only way I can see Demon Hunters making it into the game, is adding a fourth specialization to Warlocks allowing them to dual wield glaives and giving them melee abilities. If this would be a DPS or Tanks spec however I'm unsure.

Warlocks and Demon Hunters are so much alike if you read up on their lore that it's silly, Illidan who was the first Demon Hunter, didn't even receive the power of Metamorphosis until he claimed the Warlock artifact Skull of Gul'dan, from the first and most powerful Warlock.

gul'dan wasnt the first or the most powerful, he was just the most powerful orc warlock. warlocks existed in the burning legion for thousands of years before gul'dan was even born, also their lore is very different. priests and paladins are more alike than warlocks and demon hunters
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Gul'Dan, Kil'Jaeden and Illidan are considered "Sorcerers" in RPG which translates into Mage/Warlock in Warcraft, and none of them sound like mages to me. I think it should be a fourth warlock dps spec and give it a dark apothesis like glyph too if you want to go tank with it.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

i dont know... the one that says you dont want them...

do some people just not even look at the poll before posting or do they just want to make snarky remarks?
    But it says you want something else, I don't want something else. Do you not read what's there and just assume everyone wants something else? Who's snarky now?

gul'dan wasnt the first or the most powerful, he was just the most powerful orc warlock. warlocks existed in the burning legion for thousands of years before gul'dan was even born, also their lore is very different. priests and paladins are more alike than warlocks and demon hunters
    I think he mean mortal warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    But it says you want something else, I don't want something else. Do you not read what's there and just assume everyone wants something else? Who's snarky now?
    if you dont want anything else added to the game than you shouldnt play an mmo

Gul'dan was the most powerful mortal warlock. Only notable stronger warlocks are Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras.

Deleted
    gul'dan wasnt the first or the most powerful, he was just the most powerful orc warlock. warlocks existed in the burning legion for thousands of years before gul'dan was even born
    From WoWpedia;
    Warlock:

They first appeared on Azeroth during the First War, when Gul'dan, the first of their kind among the invading orc clans of Draenor, led the Horde across the dimensional gulf through the Dark Portal while in servitude to the Burning Legion.

if you dont want anything else added to the game than you shouldnt play an mmo
    I don't want any new classes added to the game. This is a class discussion not an everything discussion, is it not? More specifically, this is a Demon Hunter class discussion. I don't want Demon Hunters, nor any other classes add to the game. So where is that option?

Deleted
    all that line means is that he was the first of the orc warlocks
    Not really, they are specifically talking about Warlocks, not Orc Warlocks.

The eredar of the Burning Legion are credited as the original warlocks and wielders of dark magics, corrupted from the powerful and magically attuned eredar of Argus.

In the paragraph under the quoted one... Also Kil'Jaeden was Gul'dan's master.

kil'jaedan and archimonde are warlocks, the majority of the burning legion are warlocks, its physically impossible for gul'dan to be the first ever warlock or the strongest when there are literally thousands of beings who have been warlocks since before he was even born

That line directly means Orc Warlocks.

"They first appeared on Azeroth during the First War, when Gul'dan, the first of their kind among the invading orc clans of Draenor"

Also note Gul'dan's page: Gul'dan was a former orc shaman from Draenor who became the first orcish warlock http://www.wowwiki.com/Gul%27dan