View Poll Results: do they need it

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • no, they could easily make a demon hunter class without it

    50 17.01%
  • no but they would need something to replace it

    16 5.44%
  • they should change/rename the warlock version and give meta to demon hunters

    61 20.75%
  • dont want demon hunters they should give us something else like murloc bombadiers or somethin :P

    167 56.80%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    in warcraft by eating demon's power you become one yourself. DH can retain his sanity but his form will be altered.
    yeah but that takes an insanely large amount. it took illidan being empowered twice once by one of the strongest beings in the universe and the other being empowered by an object the legion had been powering up for years in order for him to go from a night elf with slightly sharper feet to the half demon he is today.

    i dont want my character to be super man, i just want him to be cool

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the thread's not yours. all threads here belong to MMO champion, only.
    hello captain obvious
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #162
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that has nothing to do with me ignoring them. im ignoring them because constantly having to argue the same point with them makes me want to write obscenities.


    i already got banned twice in his thread about demon hunters and i refuse to get banned again in my OWN thread
    You want to write obscenities because you know they are right and that you are wrong, and you are just too proud to admit it... That really is the case, isn't it?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You want to write obscenities because you know they are right and that you are wrong, and you are just too proud to admit it... That really is the case, isn't it?
    no, i love warcraft, demon hunters are my favorite thing in warcraft i love demon hunters even more than i love pandaren, i am very passionate about them, when someone says something so stupid like "warlocks are demon hunters" or "demon hunters cant be in the game because they have hunter in their name"

    it makes me nerdrage like francis.

    i get just as angry at people who try to say burning crusade was a good expansion, does that make them right? no because blizzard ruined illidan, kael'thas, alleria and turalyon never showed up, khadgar did nothing, they retconned huge swaths of lore, and they created me'dan.

    why is it so hard for you to believe that someone can be irritated and passionate about something without thinking someones right
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hello captain obvious
    hello, how are you?

    anyway, I'm against demon hunters as a class.

    if they happen, I'd like it to be as a warlock spec.

    warlocks are former mages that started using demonic powers, illidan was a former mage that started using demonic powers, the other demon hunters try to copy him, and that's it.

    of course, he dual wields and melee attacks, but so do these mages (that are also from 10000 years ago. it seems back than some mages didn't know they were supposed to be ranged casters lol).

    also: Loramus Thalipedes, the second most iconic demon hunter in-game (the first being illidan) has fel hunter pets and shoots shadow bolts. he also tanks during the fight against Razelikh the Defiler.

    considering illidan tanks mannoroth during the fight against him in well of eternity, I'd say demon hunters as warlock tanks fit nicely enough. all they need to do is to allow night elf warlocks in the next expansion with some demon hunter trainers in teldrassil
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    hello, how are you?

    anyway, I'm against demon hunters as a class.

    if they happen, I'd like it to be as a warlock spec.

    warlocks are former mages that started using demonic powers, illidan was a former mage that started using demonic powers, the other demon hunters try to copy him, and that's it.

    of course, he dual wields and melee attacks, but so do these mages (that are also from 10000 years ago. it seems back than some mages didn't know they were supposed to be ranged casters lol).

    also: Loramus Thalipedes, the second most iconic demon hunter in-game (the first being illidan) has fel hunter pets and shoots shadow bolts. he also tanks during the fight against Razelikh the Defiler.

    considering illidan tanks mannoroth during the fight against him in well of eternity, I'd say demon hunters as warlock tanks fit nicely enough. all they need to do is to allow night elf warlocks in the next expansion with some demon hunter trainers in teldrassil
    if demon hunters were a spec for an existing class i would want them to be a rogue spec, i would accept demon hunters as a rogue spec, not as a warlock spec
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if demon hunters were a spec for an existing class i would want them to be a rogue spec, i would accept demon hunters as a rogue spec, not as a warlock spec
    the difference is this: rogues are a "physical" class. they are guys that use martial prowess and some tricks to fight. some rogues use magic to enhance themselves, but not all. a demon hunter spec would mean all rogues would start to use demonic magic.

    it's less of a stretch to have warlocks doing some exercises than to have rogues learning fel magic.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  7. #167
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, i love warcraft, demon hunters are my favorite thing in warcraft i love demon hunters even more than i love pandaren, i am very passionate about them, when someone says something so stupid like "warlocks are demon hunters" or "demon hunters cant be in the game because they have hunter in their name"

    it makes me nerdrage like francis.

    i get just as angry at people who try to say burning crusade was a good expansion, does that make them right? no because blizzard ruined illidan, kael'thas, alleria and turalyon never showed up, khadgar did nothing, they retconned huge swaths of lore, and they created me'dan.

    why is it so hard for you to believe that someone can be irritated and passionate about something without thinking someones right
    Your 'love' for Warcraft is noted, your 'love' for demon hunters is obvious. But you miserably fail at the most basic logic. In order to give you a real DH class they would have to eviscerate warlocks, and that wont happen, ever. If you just want to LOOK like one... look into Transmog and bust your ass to get the glaives.

    your ad hominem is noted and ignored because it has no merit. You are in fact on the losing side of your campaign. At best you can hope for DH as a spec to the warlock class, but that is even doubtful as 4 specs per class would be a balancing nightmare.

    All that said, I wish you luck in your futile quest. Sometimes its better to admit you got it wrong and look for the right answer.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  8. #168
    Dump Demonhunters and stupid illidan.
    Bring on Spellbreakers!!
    Signature infractions suck especially when they are just about the size of TEXT! WTB token limit!

  9. #169
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if demon hunters were a spec for an existing class i would want them to be a rogue spec, i would accept demon hunters as a rogue spec, not as a warlock spec
    I dont think you'd have the choice... if you want DH its more closely aligned with warlocks... thus thats where it would go... period...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the difference is this: rogues are a "physical" class. they are guys that use martial prowess and some tricks to fight. some rogues use magic to enhance themselves, but not all. a demon hunter spec would mean all rogues would start to use demonic magic.

    it's less of a stretch to have warlocks doing some exercises than to have rogues learning fel magic.
    yes but gameplay wise and thematic wise it would be better as a rogue, not to mention they wouldnt have the problem of making warlocks use a different armor type and weapon type since rogues already use the same gear.

    i would also accept it if they went the brewmaster route where they are a spec of a new class that is basically a demon hunter just expanded.

    one theory was they could have one spec be demon hunters, one spec be dark rangers and then have one spec based off spellbreakers which would be a physical melee, ranged, and tank spec

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I dont think you'd have the choice... if you want DH its more closely aligned with warlocks... thus thats where it would go... period...
    thats just not true at all, take away meta and warlocks are nothing like demon hunters

    blind a rogue and put a demon inside their blades and boom their almost identicle

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Dump Demonhunters and stupid illidan.
    Bring on Spellbreakers!!
    i would enjoy a spellbreaker class as well, blood elves are my 2nd favorite race behind pandaren
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats just not true at all, take away meta and warlocks are nothing like demon hunters

    blind a rogue and put a demon inside their blades and boom their almost identicle
    in appearance perhaps, but not in essence. things should go deeper than appearance.

    demon hunters know demonic magic. you don't just take their eyes off, you replace them with orbs of demonic magic to make them able to see magic. they know shadow and fire spells. they have runic tattoos of demonic power to enhance their bodies.

    blind a rogue and put a demon inside their blades and you just have a blind rogue with cool weapons. to make him a demon hunter he'll have to learn demonic magic, something warlocks already have.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    in appearance perhaps, but not in essence. things should go deeper than appearance.

    demon hunters know demonic magic. you don't just take their eyes off, you replace them with orbs of demonic magic to make them able to see magic. they know shadow and fire spells. they have runic tattoos of demonic power to enhance their bodies.

    blind a rogue and put a demon inside their blades and you just have a blind rogue with cool weapons. to make him a demon hunter he'll have to learn demonic magic, something warlocks already have.
    yeah but warlocks are typically frail and weak, they wear robes and carry large staffs.

    i dont think a warlock would survive the training and initiation, plus night elves cant be warlocks, which would be a little crazy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  13. #173
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but warlocks are typically frail and weak, they wear robes and carry large staffs.

    i dont think a warlock would survive the training and initiation, plus night elves cant be warlocks, which would be a little crazy
    and here is where you admit your flawed logic... you are using your own preconceptions to form an invalid hypothesy... demon hunters are not rogues....

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but warlocks are typically frail and weak, they wear robes and carry large staffs.

    i dont think a warlock would survive the training and initiation, plus night elves cant be warlocks, which would be a little crazy
    actually warlocks are the most tanky of the cloth classes, as admitted by blizzard. they can tank 5-mans with dark apotheosis (from the glyph of Demon Hunting). and have you taken a look at their rippling muscles when they use metamorphosis?

    they are basically nerds that study a lot and develop roids that make them strong enough to beat the bullies that stole their lunch money when they were kids
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  15. #175
    demon hunter



    warlock



    rogue

    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  16. #176
    [x] Option 5 - No new classes or races are needed. There are plenty.
    There is only one thing that we say to the god of death.
    "Take Sean Bean instead."

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepstrider View Post
    [x] Option 5 - No new classes or races are needed. There are plenty.
    wow would die slowly as people get bored
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wow would die slowly as people get bored
    That's going to happen anyway, eventually. Adding new classes and races won't stop it. Everything has its time.

    Hell people have been quitting WoW out of boredom for years. Deathknights didn't stop them, Monks didn't either. People get bored and leave because they run out of content, not because they just get tired of their class/race options.
    There is only one thing that we say to the god of death.
    "Take Sean Bean instead."

  19. #179
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wow would die slowly as people get bored
    I'm certain that Wow would continue for years without a demon hunter class... you might leave... but you aren't Wow..

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    demon hunter

    source? that guy's not a demon hunter.

    this is a demon hunter:



    casts shadow bolts

    has fel hunter pets: http://www.wowpedia.org/Raytaf http://www.wowpedia.org/Shahiar http://www.wowpedia.org/Zaman

    also: this is a demon hunter:



    this is a warlock:



    and this is a rogue:



    see? I can post biased sets of images too
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •