Poll: do they need it

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Not really, they are specifically talking about Warlocks, not Orc Warlocks.
    The very next paragraph says:
    The eradar of the Burning Legion are credited as the original warlocks and wielders of dark magic.

You stopped reading too early.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

"Gul'dan was a former orc shaman from Draenor who became the first orcish warlock as well as the de facto founder of the Orcish Horde. Abandoning the ways of shamanism and betraying both his people and his mentor to the demonlord Kil'jaeden for personal gain and power, Gul'dan was directly responsible for the orcs' fall to demonic enslavement as well as for the Horde's invasion of Azeroth.[2] Tutored by the lord of the Burning Legion, he became the founder and master of the Shadow Council as well as the original creator of the necromantic terrors known as death knights.[1] Gul'dan is considered by many to have been the most cunning and powerful mortal warlock to ever have existed.[2] He often referred to himself as "Darkness Incarnate" and "The Destroyer of Dreams".[1][3]"

see first orc warlock, not the first ever warlock
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    no man, that upsets the universe... I mean how can 2 classes have the same ability(even if in name only)... it's like... me and some1 else both being good at photoshop even if one works with photoshop for a living creating awesome art and stuff and the other just does it occasionally to make cats look sillier than they already are...

so they both have the same tools... but they use them in different ways...
    You mean, like, until Mists of Pandaria arrived, both Warlocks and Death Knights had this ability called 'Death Coil'? It did totally different things for either classes, but had the same name?

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know... the one that says you dont want them...

do some people just not even look at the poll before posting or do they just want to make snarky remarks?
    Well, what if we want an option saying we don't want Demon Hunters OR stupid things like 'goblin bombardiers'?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You mean, like, until Mists of Pandaria arrived, both Warlocks and Death Knights had this ability called 'Death Coil'? It did totally different things for either classes, but had the same name?

Well, what if we want an option saying we don't want Demon Hunters OR stupid things like 'goblin bombardiers'?
    murloc bombadiers, its insulting to insinuate that the mighy murloc race would associate itself with goblin kind when goblins are the least tasty of all the races

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 03:24 PM ----------

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

murloc bombadiers, its insulting to insinuate that the mighy murloc race would associate itself with goblin kind when goblins are the least tasty of all the races
    I think he was just auto-correcting your lore mistake? While I assume you wrote it to be funny, Bombardiers are Gnomes/Goblins. There's actually been on in game in the Dragon Soul raid, on the boat... aka the "Sapper"(http://www.wowhead.com/npc=56923).

Upon further research (AKA wiki search) there's a few more other than that. Gnome and Dwarf as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I think he was just auto-correcting your lore mistake? While I assume you wrote it to be funny, Bombardiers are Gnomes/Goblins. There's actually been on in game in the Dragon Soul raid, on the boat... aka the "Sapper"(http://www.wowhead.com/npc=56923).

Upon further research (AKA wiki search) there's a few more other than that. Gnome and Dwarf as well.
    are you trying to say gnomish technology even compares to murloc innovation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, Tinkers would be the superior option to the implementation of a DH class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Ironically, Tinkers would be the superior option to the implementation of a DH class.
    murloc bombadier says down with tinker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

yes, also I was being sarcastic :P

Deleted
    i think demon hunters would have worked earlier on in wow, TBC or vanilla, but i think now their niche has gone. i think blizzard wants them to be a class, but isnt sure themselves how to make it work. i believe there is enough lore and stuff behind them to make them a class, buts its more of "are they needed?".
    i hope to see them in the future, but i dont think we will.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, in the long line of expansions since Burning Crusade, the IDEAL time to put demon hunters into the game, I can see this go three different ways.

1. A new class (hero or reg). At this point, Metamorphosis is apart of the Warlock lore as it is to Demon Hunters. Hell, once a warlock goes fully fel infused, he literally becomes a demon (look at kanrethad.), similar to, sadly, illidan. But, does this mean it needs to be called Metamorphosis? No. For a warlock, it can be called Demon form or something. It can easily be renamed, as was our Death Coil, to Mortal Coil. This meaning, that Demon Hunters have free rain of that. Plus, DH's meta doesnt need to look like Illidan's form, the sole reason why all warlocks look like Illidan is because Kanrethad had stolen it and learned that Particular One. Yet, it is not hard to implement a totally new class with new abilities. Hell, it was nearly shown and hinted at in Darkshore, with the ghost DH and the scroll of the Dark Embrace. It is quite easy throw into the game.

2. A Fourth Spec. Well, here it is. A while back, if you people remember like I do, the pure hatred towards warlocks Wotlk beta, with the Meta. That there killed my inital thinking of dhs coming into game, that along with most all dhs dead post bt. Then you get into the lore of the demon hunter and warlocks. Post wc3 warlock lore is pretty simple; Either you are Greedy mage seeking more power (which technically makes locks more powerful, in lore, than mages) or you are veteran of the 3rd war and you remember the Battle for hyjal, and you seek to use that power against them, in layman's terms, fight fire with fire. While Demon hunter lore is more intricate, starting in the war of the ancients, with most Demon Hunters being Mages or Druids, picking up arms to fight the legion with their own power, following in the footsteps of Illidan (a Failed out Druid who liked Magic more). This was up until BC, where we found that 5 "warriors" bes became illidan's pupils, 3 died, 1 became insane, and the other infiltrated the shadow council, and learning the book of fel names, to get greater demonic power. (which in the end, the two died). And thats pretty much ends their lore (in cliff notes).

Now why would they add a 4th spec to warlocks? Well, as people said, 2 of their "abilities" are with locks, (but in the end not really if you really think about it). Immolation aura and Meta. Now, Immo aura, can be renamed easily to hellfire aura, as it is the same graphic, and it only becomes immo in Meta. Meta, can be renamed, as said in number 1. But, they can easily add a 4th spec to locks. Throughout the History of WoW, warlocks have always been the tanky cloth class, in which, you would have the lock hold threat on certain fights, simply because of their surviability. Then finally durng MoP alpha, Locks became a tank. Yes, a true tank, but it was scrapped, and bastardized into the now glyph.

Yet, they could easily make them a tank, why would they? Well, the best excuse would be, to finally drive that final nail into the Coffin and call it Demon Hunter Spec, finally putting to rest what people have been thinking has been going on since Woltk beta. The lore is there, for a warlock to go the path of self sacrifice of what most true Demon Hunters are (the good ones like Altruis, Loramus, and Feronas), with them being exmages turned demon hunters, like locks being ex mages. It is easy to say for this spec, you duel wield (enhanc) and use spirit cloth. But it simply comes down to the fact that post wc3 locks and woa dh's are similar in nature, and that the lore is there to successfully integrate them into the class.

3. The last option, is simply not to integrate them, why? Well, through all the gameplay of dhs in game and wc3, you have a god like figure to look up too. Lets see, they can stealth, control demons, mana burn (all of them have been taken out of wow), quite a few can metamorph, they duel wield glaives (not swords, even though warglaives are considers swords in game), Tank, cast spells, can use a bow, can seperate demon form from themselves to act as its own, can see demons (play through felwood) and finally, because I wanted too, just too damn amazing.

But in all honesty, I am Hoping for an entirely New Class with Demon Hunter involved (like Monks w/ brewmaster) This way they can appease more than just the demon hunter people, like how monks appeased the brewmaster people. But, in the end, I can see them adding 4th specs to the pures, simply to hybridize them. It all just doesnt matter though to me anymore, because, come Burning Legion Expansion, they are going to add a class (in some sort) to combat them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The very next paragraph says:

You stopped reading too early.[/COLOR]
    Meh, my bad then. I recall reading somewhere that he was the first Warlock and the power was bestowed to him by Sargeras himself, that Sargeras was something more than just a Warlock. So is there even any information of who was the first Warlock? Or is it something boring as, they have always been, or it's unknown?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Meh, my bad then. I recall reading somewhere that he was the first Warlock and the power was bestowed to him by Sargeras himself, that Sargeras was something more than just a Warlock. So is there even any information of who was the first Warlock? Or is it something boring as, they have always been, or it's unknown?
    as long as there have been demons there have been warlocks and we dont know of a time before demons existed

DURIDS use 4 spec
    resto
    balance
    feral - tank
    feral - dps

they should add Demon Hunter for warlocks
    affli
    destro
    demon - dps
    demon - demon Hunter tank

it will be lss trouble, then creating whole new class with new spells and abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    DURIDS use 4 spec
    resto
    balance
    feral - tank
    feral - dps

they should add Demon Hunter for warlocks
    affli
    destro
    demon - dps
    demon - demon Hunter tank

it will be lss trouble, then creating whole new class with new spells and abilities
    definately less trouble... infinitely more qq and rage not every1 thinks of the demon hunter as a tank(actually I'm willing to bet most see him as a melee dps)... also in WC3 demon hunters use agility as main stat...

also they pretty much had to split cat and bear specs because of the new talent system in MoP ... being the same spec wouldn't have worked... it worked before because you had talent trees and some talents favored cat others favored bear and u could freely swap... but with mop talents it wouldn't have worked since they all have the same talents now...

which brings us to the current point of talents... Demon hunter really wouldn't work with most warlock talents....
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-04-20 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    DURIDS use 4 spec
    resto
    balance
    feral - tank
    feral - dps
    silly people, everyone know durid iz 4 fite!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    which brings us to the current point of talents... Demon hunter really wouldn't work with most warlock talents....
    Dunno what you are saying >.> The talents are freaking amazing for tanks.
    Dark Regen = better vamp embrace but longer cd. Mortal Coil 15% heal. Sac pact for that nice bubble every min, or dark bargin for near death and need invulnerability now, or Soul Link for sac and 20% more health. Supremacy for sustain, service burst, (both very nice bubbles), Sac for the boost in dmg and health. AV for more dmg and threat, and mf huge aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Dunno what you are saying >.> The talents are freaking amazing for tanks.
    Dark Regen = better vamp embrace but longer cd. Mortal Coil 15% heal. Sac pact for that nice bubble every min, or dark bargin for near death and need invulnerability now, or Soul Link for sac and 20% more health. Supremacy for sustain, service burst, (both very nice bubbles), Sac for the boost in dmg and health. AV for more dmg and threat, and mf huge aoe.
    if demon hunters had to pick one role to be it would be dps. if they were there own class they could have a tank spec but if demon hunters were the spec for any class it would be a dps spec not a tank spec

10+ Year Old Account
    if demon hunters had to pick one role to be it would be dps. if they were there own class they could have a tank spec but if demon hunters were the spec for any class it would be a dps spec not a tank spec
    Highly doubt it, if given to locks (who it would be given to out of all the other canidates), it really would singly be Tank. I doubt they will change demo to tank. They would make it tank. Lots of dodge and parry, evasiveness and you got yourself your nimble dh. And go see who tanks mannoroth in well eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    hmmm are you sure? Look up lore again. In the book Rise of the Lich King, Illidan vs Arthas was very good example of how DH fight. It was Illidan's magic which overwhelmed Arthas before Frostmourne "guided" Arthas to slash illidan's chest. Illidan also used magic heavily in his fight at BT. They are just like enchancement shamans. They use both magic and weapon equally if not more for magic.

more like you don't know anything about lore.
    Illidan is NOT a typical demon hunter and people need to stop using him as an example.

Illidan personally is a heavy spell-user, magic is his obsession. The rest of the demon hunters only really use magic to enhance or compliment their physical attacks.