Poll: do they need it

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell do you mean by "meta"
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Illidan is NOT a typical demon hunter and people need to stop using him as an example.

Illidan personally is a heavy spell-user, magic is his obsession. The rest of the demon hunters only really use magic to enhance or compliment their physical attacks.
    No offence, but what demon hunters are you basing this off of? the 4 we actually interact with, in game, are altruis (who we never see in combat), feronas (beat him down a tad), Loramus (has demon pets), and Illidan. THEN, all the demon hunters we kill use quite alot of shadow and demonic magic (and chaos). If you are basing your observations off of the rpg books, (which are uncanon now) then you are also forgetting most War of the Ancient Demon Hunters are ExMages/druids. Because, from what I have seen of Demon Hunters, they are uncanny with their use of magic as offensive along with their expertise of combat with glaives. (In wow terms, Enhanc Sham)

illidan is also the demon hunter prime: the first demon hunter to ever exist. all the others just try to follow his footsteps and copy everything he did to gain power and fight against demons.

there's no better demon hunter example than illidan, for illidan is what all demon hunters aspire to be.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you need to alter or omit aspects of a class to have them fit into the game, you got one very flawed class concept.

Leave Demon Hunters out of the game, and continue to to evolve Warlocks. A DH class would only hurt the development of Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    When you need to alter or omit aspects of a class to have them fit into the game, you got one very flawed class concept.

Leave Demon Hunters out of the game, and continue to to evolve Warlocks. A DH class would only hurt the development of Warlocks.
    Why would you omit anything of a demon hunter? The Only thing they would omit on worst is mana burn cause of pvp >.>, otherwise you have a perfectly viable class there. If they made it as entirely new class, they can easily rename locks spell names (immolation aura -> Hellfire Aura. Metamorphosis -> Demon Form) Not hard.

Now for a forth spec to a lock, they wouldnt need to omit anything there either. The 4 Hero units abilities: Mana Burn (might not make, again pvp), Evasion (easy add), Immolation (have it already, but this time without being in meta), Meta>Meta. 4th spec add duel wield, some infusion to the blades. What am i missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Why would you omit anything of a demon hunter? The Only thing they would omit on worst is mana burn cause of pvp >.>, otherwise you have a perfectly viable class there. If they made it as entirely new class, they can easily rename locks spell names (immolation aura -> Hellfire Aura. Metamorphosis -> Demon Form) Not hard.

Now for a forth spec to a lock, they wouldnt need to omit anything there either. The 4 Hero units abilities: Mana Burn (might not make, again pvp), Evasion (easy add), Immolation (have it already, but this time without being in meta), Meta>Meta. 4th spec add duel wield, some infusion to the blades. What am i missing?
    I don't want to omit anything from DHs. That would be the author of this thread.

I also disagree that you can simply rename abilities that are doing the exact same thing and have the exact same purpose.

Demon Hunters may have been viable earlier in WoWs life cycle, but at this point in WoWs evolution, there 's little reason to have them as a playable class.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Illidan is NOT a typical demon hunter and people need to stop using him as an example.

Illidan personally is a heavy spell-user, magic is his obsession. The rest of the demon hunters only really use magic to enhance or compliment their physical attacks.
    Illidan IS the pinniacle of demom hunter power. Most DHs were taught by him or copied him because they admired him. How does that make other DHs different from Illidan except they are weaker? Other DHs copied Illidan's weapon,blindfold,arcane tattoo when all of that aren't even important part of being DH for Illidan. He just happened to find an awesome weapon from the doomguard called Azzinoth and Sargeras happened to burn his eyes away. What make you think othe DHs wouldn't copy Illidan's fighting style?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Illidan IS the pinniacle of demom hunter power. Most DHs were taught by him or copied him because they admired him. How does that make other DHs different from Illidan except they are weaker? Other DHs copied Illidan's weapon,blindfold,arcane tattoo when all of that aren't even important part of being DH for Illidan. He just happened to find an awesome weapon from the doomguard called Azzinoth and Sargeras happened to burn his eyes away. What make you think othe DHs wouldn't copy Illidan's fighting style?
    imagine yourself being illidan:

"oh, how nice! it's not everyday that you kill a mob and he drops 2 legendaries "
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Highly doubt it, if given to locks (who it would be given to out of all the other canidates), it really would singly be Tank. I doubt they will change demo to tank. They would make it tank. Lots of dodge and parry, evasiveness and you got yourself your nimble dh. And go see who tanks mannoroth in well eternity.
    if demon unter was given as a spec to any class it would be rogues not warlocks, mages have mirror image i dont see people suggesting they should have a blademaster spec

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    no, the vast majority of demon hunters have never even met illidan, illidan was locked in a cage with no light or outside contact for 10,000 years.

theres no reason illidan should be the main example of the demon hunter, illidan is like superman and demon hunters are like superboy, a cheap imitation. illidan was empowered by sargeras, and then again empowered by a talisman the legion had been empowering for years and then again empowered by all the things in outland.

illidan was coo coo for coco puffs by the end of his life and even other demon hunters were tarting to think he lost it.

saying even 1 percent of demon hunters were taught by illidan is idiotic, how did he teach them? in the one day inbetween creating the new well and being shoved in a cage under armed watch?

demon hunters existed for over 10,000 years in a sizable force with no interaction at all with illidan besides stories and fairy tails
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for the fourth option since murloc bombadiers actually sound like something new and fun to play

Worst poll choices ever. No demon hunters, no new classes for 6 years. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Worst poll choices ever. No demon hunters, no new classes for 6 years. Thanks.
    yeah and i bet blizzard would love all the money they would lose. new races cant sustain itself forever, people will always want something new

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Voted for the fourth option since murloc bombadiers actually sound like something new and fun to play
    murlocs say murloc bombadiers is bes bombadiers!

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah and i bet blizzard would love all the money they would lose. new races cant sustain itself forever, people will always want something new
    WoW has been just fine without a DH playable class.

There are plenty of non-DH class concepts available to ensure the vitality of the game.

Your poll is biased and there is no "yes" answer to the question posed in it.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    WoW has been just fine without a DH playable class.

There are plenty of non-DH class concepts available to ensure the vitality of the game.
    none of them have the widespread appeal nor do the majority of them get requested nearly as much.

demon hunter is the most likely class to be added to wow.

blood elves? wanted by a large portion of the community

goblins? wanted by a large portion of the community

death knights? wanted by a large portion of the community

brewmasters? wanted by large portion of the community

pandaren? wanted by a large portion of the community

demon hunters are the most requested class to be added to wow since vanilla

the next expansion is the 10th anniversary of wow

all things line up for the demon hunter to be added. its a matter of when not if whether you want to accept it or not as long as people continue to ask for it

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Your poll is biased and there is no "yes" answer to the question posed in it.
    its not biased, if you want demon hunters you either want them to have meta or you dont, if you dont want demon hunters then you select the option that says you would like something else be added to the game, if you dont want anything else added to the game you probably shouldnt be playing an mmo

I don't quite understand what this thread (or the poll) will turn up that the countless 103,827,272 others haven't.

The community wants and doesn't want them. Many people don't see how it can fit in with the current classes, but many hope that Blizzard will find a niche. Same old same old.

i needed to make a poll so people would shut up about it
    Other people have 'shut up about it' until you opened the topic up again.

And you didn't add the option of not caring in the least if Blizz spends development time on raids and dungeons developing a class a handful of vocal people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Other people have 'shut up about it' until you opened the topic up again.
    no because in the other demon hunter thread there were two people who kept saying that people would flip out if demon hunters either a didnt get meta or b warlocks and demon hunters got similar spells. so i created a poll to show that the majority of people dont really care wheher or not they either dont have it or have a similar spell with warlocks

so far in this thread the majority of people are agreeing with me that they can either not have it or be given a metamorphosis thats similar but distinct enough that its not a copy paste of the warlock spell

demon hunter is the most likely class to be added to wow.
    Because ... ?

blood elves? wanted by a large portion of the community
    Going to disagree. Most people didn't have much of an understanding of what a Blood Elf was before it was announced ...

goblins? wanted by a large portion of the community
    True.

death knights? wanted by a large portion of the community
    Mildly true. Again, many people wouldn't know what they are, but they were bound to be cool anyway!

brewmasters? wanted by large portion of the community
    Again, many people had no clue what a Brewmaster was.

pandaren? wanted by a large portion of the community
    The community was, and is still split over this. Many saw them as a april fool prank (as it was, in TBC) revived due to lack of creativity.

demon hunters are the most requested class to be added to wow since vanilla
    I don't want Demon Hunters. In fact, I don't want any new class this coming expansion.

the next expansion is the 10th anniversary of wow. all things line up for the demon hunter to be added. its a matter of when not if whether you want to accept it or not as long as people continue to ask for it
    There is no reason to believe that Demon Hunters are bound to be included because of the apparent theme (which, we have no confirmation on). Maybe, the Burning Legion is coming, but not any time soon. Perhaps what Wrathion saw was nothing more then a premonition of the far future, and it is our time to earn the power of the Pantheon (or something), to then be able to combat the Burning Legion?

I'm just pulling that out my ass, but there is no factual evidence to say, the Burning Legion is next.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:23 PM ----------

no because in the other demon hunter thread there were two people who kept saying that ...
    Two people disagreed?! Well, time to set up another thread then I guess!

[QUOTE=Hyve;20894136]Because ... ?

Going to disagree. Most people didn't have much of an understanding of what a Blood Elf was before it was announced ...

True.

Mildly true. Again, many people wouldn't know what they are, but they were bound to be cool anyway!

Again, many people had no clue what a Brewmaster was.

The community was, and is still split over this. Many saw them as a april fool prank (as it was, in TBC) revived due to lack of creativity.

I don't want Demon Hunters. In fact, I don't want any new class this coming expansion.

the next expansion is the 10th anniversary of wow. all things line up for the demon hunter to be added. its a matter of when not if whether you want to accept it or not as long as people continue to ask for it/QUOTE]

There is no reason to believe that Demon Hunters are bound to be included because of the apparent theme (which, we have no confirmation on). Maybe, the Burning Legion is coming, but not any time soon. Perhaps what Wrathion saw was nothing more then a premonition of the far future, and it is our time to earn the power of the Pantheon (or something), to then be able to combat the Burning Legion?

I'm just pulling that out my ass, but there is no factual evidence to say, the Burning Legion is next.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:23 PM ----------

Two people disagreed?! Well, time to set up another thread then I guess!
    blizzard has said in multiple interviews that pandaren were the most requested race to be added to wow, blood elves were also a highly requested race and were supposed to be an alliance race in vanilla.

death knights werent requested as much but they were still one of the higher tier when it comes to things people asked for.

when it comes to things being requested it was probably something like this

demon hunters, pandaren, blood elves, brewmasters, ogres, goblins, naga, and then things like ethereal and dragonsworn