Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sinister Primal Diamond (hotfixed?)

I'm unable to test this in-game at the moment as I'm away from my desktop, but from reading various threads in the druid/shaman forums, it seems the legendary meta has been "fixed."

I can't post links yet, but if you go to their respective forums, you should find the information I am referring to.

Before it seemed to be a base rppm of 1 for every spec and that the spec coefficients were just recently applied. This should just about halve uptime for every warlock spec versus what we've been dealing with all week. Can anyone confirm this in-game right now? I'll aim to do so as soon as I can myself.

I did feel like it was proccing very little when I was doing some dummy stuff earlier today, I put it down to bad luck/lacking raid haste.

But yeah reading some threads from other classes it seems to have been changed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was hotfixed to apply the coefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardale View Post
    I'm unable to test this in-game at the moment as I'm away from my desktop, but from reading various threads in the druid/shaman forums, it seems the legendary meta has been "fixed."

I can't post links yet, but if you go to their respective forums, you should find the information I am referring to.

Before it seemed to be a base rppm of 1 for every spec and that the spec coefficients were just recently applied. This should just about halve uptime for every warlock spec versus what we've been dealing with all week. Can anyone confirm this in-game right now? I'll aim to do so as soon as I can myself.
    They should reply on the official forums soon, if that's correct.
    Luckily, by what i understand, we'll have a little less uptime than we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    They should reply on the official forums soon, if that's correct.
    Luckily, by what i understand, we'll have a little less uptime than we had before.
    Maybe it's because i'm half asleep but why is having less uptime than before lucky?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Maybe it's because i'm half asleep but why is having less uptime than before lucky?
    What he's saying is, it was procing way way too much to begin with. If its procing a little less now, that's still good news.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Nah. Soon after i posted i realize i made a mistake.. just too lazy to correct myself and express clearly /sorry

What i really meant is that we are not supposed to be hit that big by this hotfix, from what i understand, we would still have a good uptime as afflic and destro doesn't care too much about it.

Still a nerf, tough.

@Palmz

Thanks! Exactly.

Deleted
    It should be proccing 50% less if I understand this modificator well. Guess I can go back to the old meta as Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It should be proccing 50% less if I understand this modificator well. Guess I can go back to the old meta as Destro.
    I believe it's about 35% less uptime than before.

Before it was 1.18 * 1 = 1.18
    Now it's 1.18 * 0.625 = 0,7375

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I just bought the old one again. The procc was already horrible to begin with. What I don't get here: Why, out of all Warlock-Specs, does Destruction get the worst multiplier for the uptime, when the proc itself already sucks ass for this spec and totally owns for Affliction. I thought those multipliers should even out the value of the procc for all specs, for example Elemental Shamans got that high uptime to compensate for their gcd-capping on some spells. (?)

Or did I get something completely wrong here? Is the intention of those multipliers something completely different? I'm not shedding warlock-tears here, I just want the whole thing to make sense to me Why does the warlock-spec, which gets the biggest benefit from a haste-procc, get the highest multiplier? Why is the one for shadowpriests almost 50% bigger than for affliction-warlocks (similar mechanics)?

(Why don't they allow the gcd to be reduced to .5 sec or even lower by haste? "Fun"-issue? )

Please.. for the love of green fire, someone enlighten me. I won't be able to sleep. I just don't get it.

Now that's finally fixed they should be able to get proper numbers and buff it for some specs accordingly. It's hard to say buff it for Destro until we get a couple weeks of it working as intended not broken. Mage tears are flowing hard due to Fires horrible proc rate and like Zum they will likely be going back to the crit Meta until there is some change. Glad to see it working properly for the classes it was meant to like Ele/Moonkin.

Is there a specific reason why it's not 30% of highest secondary stat, as haste might be could for a couple specs across the board, but much less for others (FMage, Destro/Demo).

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    Is there a specific reason why it's not 30% of highest secondary stat, as haste might be could for a couple specs across the board, but much less for others (FMage, Destro/Demo).
    Mastery is hard to balance.
    The other thread has more about it, if you want details.

It's supposed to be balanced around the coefficient each spec has, and to help other specs scale. They had a plan with it but it wasn't working as intended. Destro still does very well in many situations, and Demo doesn't really need any more buffs. Fire mages are also in a good place. It doesn't have to be the same % increase across all specs to balance it out. That being said I could see small buffs for Destro/Fire to make it so it's not worthless for both.

Only Mage Fires and Warlock will be screwed with the hotfix, everyone else gets a "buff". Ele and Bookin will have around 2x more procs. Kinda 3x more procs than us.

Thats kinda sad for us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Only Mage Fires and Warlock will be screwed with the hotfix, everyone else gets a "buff". Ele and Bookin will have around 2x more procs. Kinda 3x more procs than us.

Thats kinda sad for us
    Well, the adjustments to the proc-rate don't necessarily mean, that we get "screwed", if the proc itself is just inherently better for us than for some other classes/specs. I don't know about fire-mages, but I kind of admit, that the proc is very strong for affliction, so it makes perfect sense to lower the procc-rate for that spec. What I don't get is the reason why it is supposed to procc even less for destruction than for affliction, because (in my opinion) the procc is not even close being as powerful for destro as it is for affliction, let alone being even stronger.
    So the reason for those multipliers clearly CAN'T be to even out the value of the metagem among all specs and classes.

Positive aspect: If I throw away the legendary gem, I can stack more haste and get more RPPM-Trinketproccs without getting gcd-capped that hard.

It definitely felt like it was proccing just a little too often as Aff. Although I do agree, I don't understand why Destro has such a low coefficient when it benefits relatively little compared to other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    It definitely felt like it was proccing just a little too often as Aff. Although I do agree, I don't understand why Destro has such a low coefficient when it benefits relatively little compared to other specs.
    Way too often previously.

It was near 100% uptime for a minute after the pull with lust. Then like 50-60% uptime throughout the fight which is far too much even though it is a legendary gem.

Red face

It was near 100% uptime for a minute after the pull with lust. Then like 50-60% uptime throughout the fight which is far too much even though it is a legendary gem.
    Blizzard has an odd way of thinking.

I believe they made it this way for destro because destro doesn't need it, to be fair. Nor need buffs..

Just so you know, i still believe that the nerf for corruption/Doom was made because UVoLS trinket, and they made that lame aoe excuse ...

Ahh but it was so beautiful, now its still great but...