Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    It's not just strong it's pretty OP to just spam Chaos Bolt every cast. Spec imbalance has always been in the game I don't know where you you have been for the past 6 years. Some specs scale better than others and as I said Destruction doesn't need a buff. It will continue to be good if you are a decent player. Affliction/Demo on the other hand just cannot get the results Destro can at lower gear levels. The Meta helps them scale. "We need it to feel Legendary" isn't an excuse to buff an already very strong spec.

There is a reason it has coefficients for each spec and not a static increase, It helps them balance the classes better. Think about it.
    I think you missed the point, specs should be balanced around their abilities. Not legendary items.. Yeah I get that spec imbalance has always been in the game, I also understand why coefficients for each spec are implemented. I just think the coefficient numbers should've been different, it stands to reason that the spec that has the least to gain from the proc should probably have the highest coefficient number. If afflic needed a buff and destro didn't, maybe affliction shouldn't have been nerfed so hard in the first place. Or at least the base damage of spells increased and scaling nerfed.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-04-22 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I think you missed the point, specs should be balanced around their abilities. Not legendary items.. Yeah I get that spec imbalance has always been in the game, I also understand why coefficients for each spec are implemented. I just think the coefficient numbers should've been different, it stands to reason that the spec that has the least to gain from the proc should probably have the highest coefficient number. If afflic needed a buff and destro didn't, maybe affliction shouldn't have been nerfed so hard in the first place. Or at least the base damage of spells increased and scaling nerfed.
    I think he hit the point just right =P

Think about it. IF destro had a higher coificient, it would be even better than already are, and blizz would take notice of all that almost instant chaos bolts flying arround and nerf us somewhere to compensate this.

I don't like destro at all, but i believe this is the best for the spec. Xelnath once told us that they balance things looking at the whole, and if you gain something, you lose something as equal, it's the full metal alchemist theory!

Point is, it DOES FEEL less legendary for destro, but only the proc rate. The effect it's the same and powerfull enough. People using destro should be happy that they don't need to be dependent on a gem to be on par with the other 2 specs.

PS: don't know about fire mage, but i bet it's the same. It must sim good enough that the gem would be too imba with higher proc rate.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I think he hit the point just right =P

Think about it. IF destro had a higher coificient, it would be even better than already are, and blizz would take notice of all that almost instant chaos bolts flying arround and nerf us somewhere to compensate this.

I don't like destro at all, but i believe this is the best for the spec. Xelnath once told us that they balance things looking at the whole, and if you gain something, you lose something as equal, it's the full metal alchemist theory!

Point is, it DOES FEEL less legendary for destro, but only the proc rate. The effect it's the same and powerfull enough. People using destro should be happy that they don't need to be dependent on a gem to be on par with the other 2 specs.

PS: don't know about fire mage, but i bet it's the same. It must sim good enough that the gem would be too imba with higher proc rate.
    Ok fair enough, my main concern was that destruction would benefit more from using the normal meta gem over the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Except you can't balance each spec to be equal on every single fight in the tier, hence why I pointed out how many really strong fights Destruction has. It has an amazing toolkit that does well in so many scenarios. We should really be thankful that our specs are so different that we can play all 3 in a tier at a competitive level. Mages meanwhile have been playign Fire nearly all tier.

It's not a Warlock legendary or even a caster Legendary, it's one everyone has. It's probably not going to feel super OP and boost your numbers by a huge margin.

Besides all this, to make it match the increase of other specs it would have to have a massive uptime and then you would start worrying about having too much haste and GCD capping. If it does feel too low we can expect some changes in a couple weeks when there is some more data on the table.

I'm not completely sure it would make Destro too strong. We'd end up having to drop a lot of Haste to avoid so many Incinerates being faster than the GCD. Some fights have high resource generation rates but we're not literally sitting on every fight shooting off instant CBs throughout the whole fight.

Besides, I'm not sure if your "Destro is strong enough as is" argument is as good as you think it is. The general consensus seems to be that as your gear gets better, Affliction starts to get stronger than Destro, and higher gear levels are generally when you'll get meta.

I don't know, it seems silly to say "Destro is strong so it doesn't need meta benefit." It is supposed to be a Legendary Meta gem and should give all classes/specs a noticeable buff. I mean, what's the point of the "Legendary for everyone" quest if some are just not going to benefit from it? Sure Aff does but that's because it is literally a 10s DS. And I don't expect them to balance all the DPS specs across the board either.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I'm not completely sure it would make Destro too strong. We'd end up having to drop a lot of Haste to avoid so many Incinerates being faster than the GCD. Some fights have high resource generation rates but we're not literally sitting on every fight shooting off instant CBs throughout the whole fight.

Besides, I'm not sure if your "Destro is strong enough as is" argument is as good as you think it is. The general consensus seems to be that as your gear gets better, Affliction starts to get stronger than Destro, and higher gear levels are generally when you'll get meta.

I don't know, it seems silly to say "Destro is strong so it doesn't need meta benefit." It is supposed to be a Legendary Meta gem and should give all classes/specs a noticeable buff. I mean, what's the point of the "Legendary for everyone" quest if some are just not going to benefit from it? Sure Aff does but that's because it is literally a 10s DS. And I don't expect them to balance all the DPS specs across the board either.
    Blizz tries to make the game fun for everyone. Thats why classes have unique abilities, they try to balance things (as it sucks to lose all the time, they gave everyone legendaries, etc. Obviously, they don't succeed all the time but its their general goal and they have said that legendary items are meant to make you feel powerful. I dont think anyone is saying the legendary item need to be exactly even between the classes but when guys like Zum are literally thinking of bagging theirs because it is so bad for their spec something is wrong (it should not even be arguable whether an orange item is an upgrade or not). It is simply not fun to watch other classes/specs get cool orange items and be like I dont care if I ever get mine because I am just going to bag it. Even if blizz needs to nerf elsewhere I think it would be silly to not buff the gem so that it is an obvious upgrade to every class/spec in the game (read doesnt have to be insanely OP but should be at least prob a 2 or 3% increase at least)

Deleted
    i also find it rather strange that, the spec that gets the smaller benefit from it, also has the lowest rppm from it, it would seem logical that if it has the smallest benefit that it should proc more times.

i must say that it is disturbing that there are some ppl that are considering bagging their legendary metagem, and i agree hatelocker that anything that is legendary in an xpan should be the logical item to use, in this case it doesnt seem to be so, the cloak in 5.3 is an obviously cloak to use, there is no contest, there may be for the legendary meta which is just sad.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    April 22nd Hotfix

- Sinister Primal Diamond should now correctly have different activation rates depending on the class and specialization. In addition, activation rate for Fire Mages has been increased.

Not home at the moment so can't double check. Anyone notice a difference for Warlocks?

As a boomkin I now have a solid 40%+ uptime like I am supposed to. So yes. It was hotfixed properly :]

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    April 22nd Hotfix

- Sinister Primal Diamond should now correctly have different activation rates depending on the class and specialization. In addition, activation rate for Fire Mages has been increased.

Not home at the moment so can't double check. Anyone notice a difference for Warlocks?
    hahahah
    mage cries, they come right on time. Fixed for Mages, of course.

Significant nerf for affliction. Last week I was enjoying 28ish% uptimes in heroic ToT. Just did a normal MSV mount run to elegon, and although I wasn't running logs, 1 proc on Stone Guards, 2 procs on Feng...

It's only legendary for Druids, didn't you guys get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    Significant nerf for affliction. Last week I was enjoying 28ish% uptimes in heroic ToT. Just did a normal MSV mount run to elegon, and although I wasn't running logs, 1 proc on Stone Guards, 2 procs on Feng...
    Nerf, you mean fix.

On Tuesday last week it was at like 60% uptime for Aff which is completely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    It's only legendary for Druids, didn't you guys get the memo?
    and my ele shaman, doing megaera heroic i noticed it proc 4 times without dropping off, considering overlaps i probably had about 33 seconds uptime without it falling off....mid fight bloodlust from a meta? yes plz!

but ele also needs it, if you're losing to an ele shaman on single target LEARN TO PLAY, cause the spec only gets buffs cause it always falls behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    Nerf, you mean fix.

On Tuesday last week it was at like 60% uptime for Aff which is completely absurd.
    My logs had me at 26% uptime across all boss fights last tuesday as affliction. What are you talking about?

This thing blows monkey nuts for afflic now.

Had 7% uptime on durumur compared to 27%.last week. Thats a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    Holy crap, let's hope that's just bad luck, not sure if 7% uptime is even worth it over the burning prime gem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    and you prolly had an uptime of 30% on trash or ji-kun/primordius/dark animus, only taking 1 account from 1 boss is pointless, i got the wushoolay's final choice, and ive had anywhere from 7% uptime to 40% uptime, but over a 3 hour raid it tends to settle at 30ish%, im fairly sure if you looked at your whole raid, it would have a much greater uptime than that, also it sounds more like bad luck than anything else.

Deleted
    Blizzard didn't mention any changes for warlocks. They just made the coefficient-fix official and buffed it for fire mages.
    So I guess nothing should have changed compared to the weekend and you just had bad luck with your 7% uptime.