Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Show it the cross and if she starts walking on the ceiling i suppose an exorcism is in order.
    Rofl, spilled my drink everywhere :P

Well, the cat in the video is pissed as hell and REALLY wants to be left alone. That's OK, just leave her be.

Some cats get real pissy if the owner doesn't show up for a while. If she's eating, walks normally and doesn't appear sick, she'll be fine.

Cats are extremely territorial creatures and get pretty defensive if they're forcibly taken outside that territory. They're worried they're in the territory of some predator and it usually takes them quite a while to get over that. Poking and prodding them is just going to make it worse. They have to come around on their own time.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial balance View Post
    Also be sure to clean those wounds properly if you haven't. Animal claws are generally quite filthy so unless you clean the wounds you might get a nasty surprise.
    Thats the first thing i did, was clean it
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Actually just a small and pedantic point but relative to a lot of creatures, cat claws are fairly clean. The main issue is that all animal saliva carries bacteria that can infect wounds pretty seriously. Human bites are actually really bad for this. The smaller the creature the less bad, but it still is bad.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

i learned one thing from that video; you have NEVER seen a feral cat. if you had shoved a hand in towards a feral cat you had backed into a corner, you would be drawing back a bloody stump.

basically, leave it alone. give it food, give it water, and above all give it space. saying all that, keep an eye on how it is for the next few days. it could be that it has done itself some damage somehow (fallen from somewhere high? got a claw stuck and pulled it out?) and the change in behaviour is because it is injured.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    i learned one thing from that video; you have NEVER seen a feral cat. if you had shoved a hand in towards a feral cat you had backed into a corner, you would be drawing back a bloody stump.

basically, leave it alone. give it food, give it water, and above all give it space. saying all that, keep an eye on how it is for the next few days. it could be that it has done itself some damage somehow (fallen from somewhere high? got a claw stuck and pulled it out?) and the change in behaviour is because it is injured.
    Ill keep and eye on it and see how it goes

15+ Year Old Account
    Angry cat..let me move my hand near it. Best idea of 2013 award is given to the OP
    How was the cat behaving before this?
    As u had it for some weeks and it suddenly changed behavior u might wanna bring it to the vet, as a cat owner i know that something is wrong if it suddenly changes behavior.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Angry cat..let me move my hand near it. Best idea of 2013 award is given to the OP
    As u had it for some weeks and it suddenly changed behavior u might wanna bring it to the vet, as a cat owner i know that something is wrong if it suddenly changes behavior.
    1) Yeah stupid lol
    2) It was fine and happy
    3) The owner is due home this week sometime, so hopefully it will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    not the best of plans if this is how the cat is behaving. unless you are volunteering to be the one to get it into a travel box? as long as it is eating and drinking i would say leave it well enough alone for now. if it starts hobbling, or mewling in distress, or goes off its food, then its time to get him to the vets. at which point you get a pair of long gardening style gloves, and wear a thick old jumper you dont use any more. you grab it firmly and get it in the box as fast as possible.

fingers crossed you wont need to do this. good luck!
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Try to not use a loud tone of voice, it clearly alerts the cat in the video. Also, at one point you made a noise that almost sounded like an elongated 'c', try to avoid those because the cat might think you're hissing at it. :/

Mainly just give it space and don't make any sudden movements or noises around it. It may sound obvious but the cats are always alert and paranoid in unfamiliar areas. Let it know that your house is a safe environment and give it space for now. Eventually it should calm down.

It's a cat... treat it like a roommate. You don't go shining a bright light at your roommate then try to touch him when he clearly wants to be left alone.

Best thing you can do with an angry cat: just leave it alone. Ignore it completely. Make sure food and water is out, of course. It'll come around.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    Calico cats have a cranky attitude anyway.It's spooked and you invading it's space is seriously pissing it off,leave him/her be and he'll/she'll calm down i wouldn't invade the space again unless you like having cat's claws embedded in you.
    For starters a cats coloration is determined by the X chromosome. So only a female can be calico, (Save for a male with 3 chromosomes, but that's extremely rare).

And most of the calico cats I have met have been pleasant and derpy.

@OP Just leave her alone.

If she wants to come interact with you she will, but that is a "Fuck off" growl.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's a cat... treat it like a roommate.
    This also. A cat is not a subservient pack animal like a dog. Cats instinctively value their individuality.

EDIT2: Does your neighbor let her outside frequently? Is she fixed? It just occurred to me that her behavior almost seems indicative of a cat who just went into labour while locked in an apartment with a stranger.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-04-21 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    For starters a cats coloration is determined by the X chromosome. So only a female can be calico, (Save for a male with 3 chromosomes, but that's extremely rare).

And most of the calico cats I have met have been pleasant and derpy.

@OP Just leave her alone.

If she wants to come interact with you she will, but that is a "Fuck off" growl.

EDIT:

This also. A cat is not a subservient pack animal like a dog. Cats instinctively value their individuality.

EDIT2: Does your neighbor let her outside frequently? Is she fixed? It just occurred to me that her behavior almost seems indicative of a cat who just went into labour while locked in an apartment with a stranger.
    No she doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    No she doesnt
    There's only 2 possible explanations if everything was fine up until the last couple of days and then she suddenly started acting like that:

Either A. She's pregnant and she doesn't trust you.
    Or B. She's injured and she doesn't trust you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    Has he been without owners before? Maybe just that they've been gone for a few weeks might be a reason.

Best to leave him alone would be my guess. If he wants attention from you he will find you.
    This ^

When I got my old cat for about a week it hid in a crawlspace and wouldn't come out, so I used to sit in a postition so it could see me and after a while it got more confident and came out.

I would say just leave it some food and water and let it do its own thing until it feels more confident.

Deleted
    one reason why i hate cats haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Well, the cat in the video is pissed as hell and REALLY wants to be left alone. That's OK, just leave her be.

Some cats get real pissy if the owner doesn't show up for a while. If she's eating, walks normally and doesn't appear sick, she'll be fine.
    This is the most likely cause. I've had 1-2 cats at a time for over 40 years. They are very regimented animals who don't like change. If this cat is staying at your place that will make it worse. New location + new people are very stressful. You should also accept the fact that your actions with it (I assume you have chased him down like this more than once) have probably ruined your relationship with it forever. They are not very forgiving and have extremely good memories.

Feed it, water it and clean its litter box. Other than that forget it even exists.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    There's only 2 possible explanations if everything was fine up until the last couple of days and then she suddenly started acting like that:

Either A. She's pregnant and she doesn't trust you.
    Or B. She's injured and she doesn't trust you.
    O.O Oh joy! That jsut makes it interesting then!

Obviously doesn't like you, why would you even put your hand next to anything growling like that, are you dense?